View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 258 of 415 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Monopole Magnates (Jim, lizards) vs Elf Harm ('hands, elves)

Twice I have played these elves and twice I have won, but their ridiculous players endure and continue to get more ridiculous. He's got a strength 4 frenzy leaper, an AG5 one, a move 10 strength 4 ag 5 catcher....it's bizarre how good some of those players are, put them in any other team and they'd be the star but here they're just one in a big list of stars. I guess it's like playing for Barcelona or something. Hopefully my lizards would be like Chelsea or something.

Anyway I have commissioned this tapestry to celebrate the game and communicate the score. Give it a minute to load and I recommend setting it to full speed once it starts to move.

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?m53pepn8nis

Hands has pointed out I forgot an N in that. Um. INTENTIONAL. Or should I say...Itetioal
    Oh that is beautiful. Also, you need help. Special help from head doctors...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Along with Snoozer's game against me in Div C while you are at it Mr Adminny person.

By the by when does the round finish? Think it is highly unlikely Snoozer and I will get to replay but knowing the schedule would help :)
    Sheet says 7th

/edit - both games seem to have been reset
    Last edited by ntw; 04-06-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    I love you jiiiim.

Rok 'Ard Nobz (orcs, me) played the Multi Coloured Dudes (humans, groovy) yesterday in a division 1 game. The Nobz had an easy game maiming the star Ogre on the first turn, keeping at bay the monster King Zod (Str 5 Blitzer!) and bashing the rest of the team merrily into the ground for a 2-0 win. Groovy had some atrocious luck - particularly at the start of his drive in the second half, where a perfect defence coupled with a re-rolled single die block that ended in a skull before any other blocks were thrown. The los turned into a multi-coloured domino cascade and two catchers awkwardly set up on the far left centre line got KOd and crowd surfed, respectively. The rest was an easy walk up-field for the Nobz.

Played my Norse vs Eards Chaos team last night in Div 7.

The dice got so bad that Eard was complaining that I had shit dice. My Yeti made a total of 5 moves the entire match - all of them attacking the square next to him. 4/5 of those were wild animal - 4/5 rolls were 1's.

Essentially nothing I could do went right. Eard, on the other hand, showed off the completely unbiased dice in the first half by executing two dodges, a pickup, and two GFI's for a TD with a chaos warrior.

I tried, I really did. I refused to give up until around turn 14 when it was apparent that none of my guys could stop Eard's third touchdown and there wasn't any bashing I could do anymore.

Team Demolition 3 - Norwegian Nancies 0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    There was a match last night between Hugh Tower's Elves and my Amazons. He won in touchdowns, I won in casualties.

Sadly the two bribes I brought along with a Wizard and a boozebabe weren't quite sufficent to dodge the two rocks, the Blitz, the permanent rain and the countless failed three-dice-blocks (with tackle). *sighs*

It was a great and exciting match though. I was outclassed by both Hugh and the dice. 2:1 for the Tiny Dancers. Someone kill Shirley for me, please.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

My Lizards faced off against JayTee's Khemri this morning, and as you would expect from a game that kicked off with just three ag3+ players on the pitch, it was not end-to-end elfball. The blocking wasn't particularly fruitful either though - I think 4 of the 6 injuries were caused by failed dodges or the crowd.

The actual game was much closer than the final score suggested - both halves were very similar in that the recieving team's drive fizzled out in a loose ball in the 4th turn or so. Thankfully for me the skink's dodginess and raw speed (and the dice not failing me when it mattered) was enough to get away from the lumbering skeletons and I came away with a 2-0 win.

Thanks for the game JayTee, and better luck in your other group games!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Rejected RPG Stats (Nur - Laneford) 0 - 3 Hardwood Harpies (WElf - drawlien)

I got somewhat thumped by drawlien's elves yesterday.

Essentially against woodelves I have one plan, which is hope to inflict as many casualties as possible quickly enough, before they can build up too much of a lead, and try to score once a decent numerical advantage has been built up. With 4 or 5 players with mightly blow, and at least the same number with tackle, I was relatively optimistic about my chances.

Unfortunately a combination of unexpectedly tough elves and rubbish block dice meant that drawlien could get a lead early, and then crucially, steal the ball on my own drive and score again. Despite me hitting his wardancers with a blitz most turns, they stubbornly refused to die, and basically singlehandedly won the the game, one leaping into the cage with guard and putting in an assist on the ball carrier, the other leaping in and hitting him. I basically could never keep hold of the ball, through being blitzed, or failing GFIs, to or establish control on the pitch, until it was too late and I was 3-0 down.

Towards the very end of the game I finally started putting some of the elves in hospital, but by then it was all a bit too late for me to do anything about it.

Congrats to drawlien, hopefully I'll have better luck in what's sure to be a very subtle and tactical matchup against President Weasel's chaos next time around...

Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Played my Norse vs Eards Chaos team last night in Div 7.

The dice got so bad that Eard was complaining that I had shit dice. My Yeti made a total of 5 moves the entire match - all of them attacking the square next to him. 4/5 of those were wild animal - 4/5 rolls were 1's.

Essentially nothing I could do went right. Eard, on the other hand, showed off the completely unbiased dice in the first half by executing two dodges, a pickup, and two GFI's for a TD with a chaos warrior.

I tried, I really did. I refused to give up until around turn 14 when it was apparent that none of my guys could stop Eard's third touchdown and there wasn't any bashing I could do anymore.

Team Demolition 3 - Norwegian Nancies 0
    Confirming this was some of the most consistently terrible dice I've seen someone roll. The only thing that rolled well was your KO'd players coming back on to the field. I was really expecting a bash race too, but never happened thanks in large to the extra wild Yeti.

And I really did feel ashamed for that end of first half Chaos Warrior walking on water. 6, 6, 4, 5, 4, 6 on that play cause I had nothing better to try, didn't even need a reroll.

Banned
    Bishi Bashi Speshal (Desvergeh) 1 : Brewery Management (Alini) 2

Several seasons in, the dwarves finally get a grip and do what they're meant to - stay (largely) standing and most certainly not die, while Bishi Bashi suffered a death, were plagued by an overly zealous referee (sending away two players after their fouls) and had numerous left feet (at least 2 GFIs failed).

Bishi Bashi got a lovely touchdown when the dwarves crowd surfed the ball carrier only for the ball to be thrown back in a few squares from the touch line in the vicinity of an unmarked green skin, but just couldn't punch the little darlings hard enough to keep them off the pitch and stop them from scoring.

Thanks for the write-up Laneford. You were a bit unlucky that my Wardancers decided they felt like playing in that match. They seem to alternate between failing every single dice-roll (especially for leap) and being super-elf wonder-leapers that pass everything and are unstoppable. You kinda got the latter the other day!

Anyway, thanks for the game and good luck against the other bashy teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Alini View Post
    Bishi Bashi Speshal (Desvergeh) 1 : Brewery Management (Alini) 2

Several seasons in, the dwarves finally get a grip and do what they're meant to - stay (largely) standing and most certainly not die, while Bishi Bashi suffered a death, were plagued by an overly zealous referee (sending away two players after their fouls) and had numerous left feet (at least 2 GFIs failed).

Bishi Bashi got a lovely touchdown when the dwarves crowd surfed the ball carrier only for the ball to be thrown back in a few squares from the touch line in the vicinity of an unmarked green skin, but just couldn't punch the little darlings hard enough to keep them off the pitch and stop them from scoring.
    Thanks for the game Alini.

I had a mixture of good and bad luck. The fouls and GFIs you mentioned, as well as the troll repeatedly being stupid despite the adjacent player, and one turn where I threw 9 mostly 2-dice blocks, and didn't get a single knockdown! However this was made up for somewhat by the extremely lucky throw-in, and the fact your deathroller didn't achieve anything useful despite being on the pitch for nearly half the game.

The day was won by your skillful positioning of the dwarves, and the sheer abundance of guard and block on your team.

I hate playing against dwarves!

Jolima and I played our champs match last weekend, I'll try and do my best to remember some details.

This being my first time playing against Vampires I wasn't entirely sure how best to play. I took a wizard, babe, and bribe as inducements for my necros and figured I would try and eliminate as many Thralls as possible and hope for bloodlusts.

Jolima received and scored a quick TD on turn 2 or 3. After that I hung my ball carrier back and bashed as much as I could hoping to break through the Thrall's AV7. This worked pretty well and ample fouling and a few crowd pushes helped as well. By the end of the half Jolima was down to just 4 Vampires, but still managed to put a good deal of pressure on the ballcarrier. I opted to stall as long as I could since I only scored 1-2 casualties and the rest were KOs. I scored on turn 8 to tie 1-1.

The second half Jolima started with three thralls and 5 Vampires. The thralls were quickly eliminated, but again since there was mostly KOs I opted to stall until turn 15. The kick went very deep and Jolima wasn't able to move it the length of the pitch in 2 turns (with a little help from the wizard, though it was pretty unnecessary).

Final score was 2-1 to my necros. I could have played it a bit more agressively and scored earlier and hoped to get the ball off him, but with his freak super vampires I wasn't confident I could get them down before they scored. And since Jolima had 6-7 players in the KO box I tired to minimize the chances of them coming back. It didn't lead to the most exciting game, but it worked.

Despite having only Vampires on the pitch for quite some time Jolima managed to not fail any bloodlust rolls (using pro and TRR to great effect). If a vampire or two went to munch the crowd I probably would have been more aggressive with my scoring.

Despite getting 12 KOs during the match I only managed a couple injuries and nothing permanent. Jolima got a couple KOs and straight killed one of my ghouls. It's sad, but was bound to happen. I'm suprised they've managed to survive this long. Hopefully this means my wights and golems will stop dieing now. Also my remaining ghoul (with block, +agi, +mv) rolled another +mv making him 9347 blodge and hogging ALL of the stat increases for the team (I've had a total of 3 stats and 3 doubles (1 died) so far :( ).

It seems all the teams in champs, except mine, are stat freaks this season.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Chaps! Week 1 ends today! Gete your games (or your excuses) in ASAP! That is all!

Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    My Lizards faced off against JayTee's Khemri this morning, and as you would expect from a game that kicked off with just three ag3+ players on the pitch, it was not end-to-end elfball. The blocking wasn't particularly fruitful either though - I think 4 of the 6 injuries were caused by failed dodges or the crowd.

The actual game was much closer than the final score suggested - both halves were very similar in that the recieving team's drive fizzled out in a loose ball in the 4th turn or so. Thankfully for me the skink's dodginess and raw speed (and the dice not failing me when it mattered) was enough to get away from the lumbering skeletons and I came away with a 2-0 win.

Thanks for the game JayTee, and better luck in your other group games!
    So a rather dismal return for the Comics and another game that shows I find Lizards to be the hardest team to play against.

Things started off well, no rain, not the asstastic snow pitch, and for the first time in something like 5 seasons the Comics win the toss! Huzzah! With Boots bringing a Saurus All Star and a Krox along giving him 8 bashy players against my 5 (My second Blitz-Ra lacks any SPPs so is largely pathetic) I elected to receive and hoped I'd be able to lay out some hurt and give me the player advantage I needed.

My drive fizzled out quickly, mainly because I tried to push too fast and overextended, combined with 2 frustrating stuns on players left my carrier exposed and quickly surfed to BH. Boots capitalised on the loose ball and ran in a TD on the final turn of the first half. I've taken 2 BHs and a KO, Boots has taken 3 KOs and no Cas.

The second half started off nicely enough, my KO woke up and both of Boots' Sauri became lazy and stayed sleeping just his Skink waking up. As he said, the drive fizzled out after a few turns but my Khemri were completely inept at bashing and failed to make a hole in the line. I eventually lost the ball out of a desperation ELFBALL moment and despite a ridiculous show from both teams at failing to get the ball Boots eventually nabbed it and ran away with a Skink.

I've got a free TG, with Block & MB, in range to Blitz down the skink. A 3-dice block against a non-Block player, with a re-roll? Easy right?

Push/Stumble/Skull

At this point Boots has only failed one dodge the entire match so I had to get a Pow. So I re-rolled.

Skull/Skull/Skull

Oh joy. So Boots easily runs in the second TD thanks to complete uselessness on my part at rolling dice. That was the third time that match I'd re-rolled a crucial Block only to cause a Turnover. I'm giving up on re-rolls.

All-in-all I just could not roll useful Blocks when required. Sure I KOed a few Sauri, BH one skink, but just could not roll anything other than Stumble on Dodge players (And I only have Tackle on a single Blitz-Ra) or Push. Boots on the other hand managed to knock over players quite frequently, handing out a fair share of Stuns to boot. He also lucked his way through with a fair few 6s on dodge rolls :(

Ah well, at least I get an MVP on a player right? No. I get MVP on a 0 SPP Skeleton who has done nothing in the last few matches other than sit on the side of the pitch. This now puts me at I think 6 players who are 1 SPP away from a level. Rage.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ok all games validated and divisions moved on that i could find. A handful outstanding - make your excuses or I (or another admin) will be defaulting the games and moving you on to day 2 tomorrow!

Div D: Anuphi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 1 - 0 The Phantom Menace (NEC, Rakysh)

The two teams of (mostly) dead things line up in the pouring rain for the second time in two seasons. Anupshi Rises win the toss and choose to kick, dropping the ball conveniently to a Ghoul. The Phantom Menace surge forward and an eager Werewolf opens the first half by stealing the kicking skeleton's femur, which he carries round for a little while, leaving the skele in the injured dugout and with a permanent limp. Meanwhile the Ghoul-on-the-ball heads in the other direction. The Khemri move to plug gaps as fights erupt, when suddenly the ball carrier breaks left and passes off to the Werewolf, who chooses the ball over the leg bone and bolts for the touchline. He makes it to within a yard of his goal, but is brought down by a Blitz-Ra. Anupshi take the ball and make it back to the half way line before the other Werewolf breaks the ball loose again, which lands out of bounds. When the ball is returned it settles on the Phantom Menace touchline (the bribed ball-boy strikes again). The two teams race to retrieve it, with the Khemri untangling themselves from the melee first. As the last seconds tick away Anupshi's veteran Thro-Ra slides around in the mud trying to pick up the ball. He ingloriously jumps on it after it slides over the line for an ugly last second touchdown.

The second half begins as the last ended, with the champ Thro-Ra dropping the ball. The Phantom Menace cannon forward after the loose ball, and a brawl erupts in the defenders' half. Anupshi Rises' rookie Thro-Ra pulls an astonishing play, sweeping the ball up from under the nose of a Ghoul, which he then punches before fleeing to a protective cage. The possession doesn't last long before the ball is free again. The ensuing brawl follows the ball, moving this way and that, until a Phantom Menace fumble sees the ball skip from clumsy player to clumsy player, travelling all the way to the back of the melee on the Necromantic side. A Thro-Ra breaks from the pack in a similar fashion to the first half, escorted by a pair of Tomb Guardians. Not to be put off by two hulking, ancient corpses though, a plucky Werewolf hammers the ball carrier out from between them. As both teams converge on the ball for another fight the whistle blows.

A very even match which could have easily ended differently, but proved hugely entertaining for both coaches due to the amount of Nuffle dished out.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ooo got doubles on my 2nd stormvermin, was going to give him tackle. But i gave him dodge because of blodge.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Xenny's Beserkers 1 vs Odin's Longboatsmen 2

A game I thought was going to be over before it even began, as Xenny's opening drive put over half my team into the dugout - four KO, 2 badly hurt and one very, very dead. With a first half that saw a lot of action but little scoring, Xenny put the ball across the line on his last turn ... with the tattered remains of my team barely standing up.

Second half saw a reversal of fortune, with barely half my team on the pitch for the opening drive - first a ludicrous bit of passing in the centre of the field saw a linesman scampering away for an equaliser with a freshly caught ball in his hands. On the return for Xenny an unlucky Both Down saw a frenzying Norse Werewolf put down as his lack of Block failed him, leaving the ball carrier open for a hopeful blitz. The ball bounced off into the crowd and was hurled back perfectly for my Runner to snatch it up and hare off for the endzone. An inconvenient patch of ice put paid to the pursuing Xenny's blitz and I ran in the second touchdown with two turns remaining.

A match played out entirely in blizzard conditions - and a match that was won more through luck than skill - but a win's a win. Just need to save up some cash to replace my dead player now ... and get a Yheti.

(Our Div H match needs adminning ...)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Ok all games validated and divisions moved on that i could find. A handful outstanding - make your excuses or I (or another admin) will be defaulting the games and moving you on to day 2 tomorrow!
    Well dammit, both my levelling linemen rolled +AG and my AG 5 runner rolled a +MA/AV. I hate having to pass up stat boosts, but my dark elves sorely need the skills.