View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 261 of 415 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 8290
    Activated Node

Div E: Masquerade Ballers (Elf) vs. Lucky Lycanthropes (Nec)

The Brain and I played our match today; I didn't take my usual copious match notes, but in brief: he played elfball, I murdered elves. He won 2-1 on touchdowns, but I won 4-0 on casualties, including (IIRC?) a MNG and a niggling injury. He quite effectively shut down my first-half drive and stole the ball for his first TD, then elfed one past me in the second half; my score was on a second-half drive in which the stars aligned, everything went right, and everything I wanted knocked down got knocked down.

I did acquire an enormous distaste for his Frenzy-Sidestep Blitzer, who proved adept at crowdsurfing my werewolves, and aggravatingly resistant to my attempts to do same to him.

Masquerade Ballers 2 - 1 Lucky Lycanthropes

Thanks for the match, The Brain! Had a ton of fun, a delightful opponent. And good luck Helio, I softened 'im up for ya splendidly. Hoping you can do the same with 2lab's wood elves (if you could murder that +AG Wardancer, that'd be great).

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    Da Blue Moonz (Orc, Dentharial) 1 - 0 The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot)

I'm not sure what to say about this game other than I got ogre'd. The Moonz kicked off to start the game, and I managed to move a cage up the field slowly. Positioning prevented any hits on the ball carrier until later in the half, at which point my unskilled bull chanced to recover the ball. He made a break for the endzone and encountered some resistance. A snotling block opened the possibility of a score, but had to use a reroll to avoid a turnover - and sadly, the ogre runner boneheaded on Turn 8. At least no snots were injured (alas, one ogre was KO'd).

For the second half, both KO'd orcs woke up, whereas my ogre just rolled over for an extended nap. I did benefit from a blitz, compounded by a failed pick-up by an orc thrower. There was a scuffle around the ball, and a snotling nearly picked it up in the endzone. Alas, it was not to be, nor was the attempt to catch the ball when it bounced back. At this point, Dentharial began tromping back down the field, swatting away the few players I could muster. He scored on the final turn, leaving me with no chance to equalize in spite of a ref rollback.
    I've been pretty busy lately, so I still need to limerickerise my first week match, and this one too, but I wanted to throw in a quick note on this match.

The end of the first half was an absolute rollercoaster ride of emotion. It's his turn 8, and there's an ogre with the ball, an easy 5 squares away from a touchdown. A single orc marking him. A snotling blitzes in to knock the orc away, rolls Both Down/Attacker Down (I cheer), rerolls to something useful (I resign myself to a draw at best here, I don't have confidence in my ability to score 2 touchdowns in a single half), the ogre boneheads (!!!!!). I actually cheered loudly in chat before I shamefully realised that X_kot had been exactly on the other end of that rollercoaster.

The start of the second half was similarly tense. I didn't manage to control the ball, and the Knuckleheads moved surprisingly quickly to push for a touchdown. I was able to knock it free, but there was a terrifying few turns with the ball skittering around in my endzone and a frantic series of failed pickups from both sides before I suddenly managed a flurry of injuries, taking all but 1 snotling off the field (with a little help from a failed TTM and I think a failed dodge too). I still only barely managed to get the ball all the way up the pitch, as X_kot did a good job of trying to slow me down with his limited numbers.

Hello fellow bloodbowlers. Looking for some opinions on what skill I should give my +str, +ag, block dwarf runner. I think dodge is a clear choice for doubles, but on a normal roll I was considering pass. Other thoughts?

My other runner is +mv, block, kick-off return, tackle, so I don't think tackle or KOR are needed for my super runner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Nice runner :)

I would probably go fend before pass on a normal roll, dodge or perhaps sidestep on a double.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    I can play this Monday, if the admins don't default us :)
    Should be good to play tonight, barring further crises....start sometime after 7:30pm (UK?)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    Hello fellow bloodbowlers. Looking for some opinions on what skill I should give my +str, +ag, block dwarf runner. I think dodge is a clear choice for doubles, but on a normal roll I was considering pass. Other thoughts?.
    He's so epic that he really does lend himself to pro, whether blocking, gfi or accepting a hand off pro is a excellent choice. Sure it's not and iron clad reroll, but no reroll is.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by somanyrobots View Post
    I won 4-0 on casualties, including (IIRC?) a MNG and a niggling injury.
    It was 2 MNG including my other star blitzer so Heliocentric should be in for an easier ride.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Nice runner :)

I would probably go fend before pass on a normal roll, dodge or perhaps sidestep on a double.
    Not sure I agree with fend. He's not going to be blocked - he's going to be blitzed, so they can always follow up.

Not sure I agree with fend. He's not going to be blocked - he's going to be blitzed, so they can always follow up.
    Sidestep can assure you assists if you have nearby players. Fend is best on teams where nearly everyone is fend or stand firm. Not having the choice to advance is oddly crippling, even for lighter sides.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 11-06-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Sidestep can assure you assists if you have nearby players. Fend is best on teams where nearly everyone is fend or stand firm. Not having the choice to advance is oddly crippling, even for lighter sides.
    I think I'm taking dodge on a double, rather than side-step. A STR 4 AG 4 blodging ball carrier is just too good to pass up. Side-step can wait for the second double :). Maybe fend later down the road - not that many of my dwarves have stand firm yet.

Yeah probably, but it also works against frenzy/piling on so there is a protection angle also.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    You should fire him snooser because he sounds like a bastard, hello new person! Good choice of team, it is a well known fact that the handsomest blood bowl coaches play undead

Hello fellow bloodbowlers. Looking for some opinions on what skill I should give my +str, +ag, block dwarf runner. I think dodge is a clear choice for doubles, but on a normal roll I was considering pass. Other thoughts?

My other runner is +mv, block, kick-off return, tackle, so I don't think tackle or KOR are needed for my super runner.
    Give him a swift death?

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    it is a well known fact that the handsomest blood bowl coaches play undead
    Yeah, but I hear he's retiring the team.

Hi and O, quick question chaps if a player has diving tackle and shadowing, do you have to choose one to use or can you attempt the shadow then use diving tackle if it fails?

I think that sequence is wrong, you resolve the dodge first, shadowing works after someone has succesfully dodged out of a tackle zone.

Edit:
    Diving Tackle is triggered by rolling for the Dodge which happens before you move the player.

Shadowing is triggered by the player leaving one of you TZ which is what happens after the Dodge roll is resolved.

So the correct order is:

1) Player is going to dodge and makes a Dodge roll.
    2) You decide to use Diving Tackle or not (after seeing the Dodge roll (or the Dodge re-roll))
    3) Dodge resolves and player moves out of one of your TZ (either through failure or success) which immediately triggers the Shadowing skill to be possible to use.
    4) If you used Diving Tackle ... end the process here as you are Prone and cannot use Shadowing.
    5) If you did not use Diving Tackle, you may now use Shadowing whether the player succeeded or failed at his Dodge roll (this is part of cleaning up outstanding items when a turnover occurs)

Tom Anders
    one of the authors of the BB CRP rulebook
    From this discussion http://bbtactics.com/forums/shadowin...le-t534/page2/
    Last edited by mrpier; 11-06-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Could the God of Div C please validate my game with Karandaz? Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by somanyrobots View Post
    And good luck Helio, I softened 'im up for ya splendidly. Hoping you can do the same with 2lab's wood elves (if you could murder that +AG Wardancer, that'd be great).
    It'd be a pleasure. 7 man foul or 8? not much point using any more than 6 with AV7, but it just feels right.

Makes sense, thanks mrpier

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Odin's Longboatmen (Norse, Sketchseven) v Doomdark's Revenge (Chaos, me)

The game started with the Norse team winning the toss and electing to kick off. It was raining, and with both teams having AG3 at best and no player with Sure Hands skill, the rain was to play a key role in what was to follow.

My plan before the game was to try to negate the Norse team's block advantage by hitting first where the chance presented itself, but maintaining a defensive position and not allowing the Norse team many blocks against me. Perhaps due to these negative tactics it was a remarkably bloodless match - I think I inflicted one casualty in total in the match and achieved two KOs. None of my players were stretchered off the pitch at all.

By a stroke of luck the beastman entrusted with ball-carrying duties managed to pick the damn thing up without a
    reroll, and the stage was set for some hitting on the line of scrimmage. After a couple of turns Sketch moved some of his players out of the centre to threaten the left side of my line, which left his middle relatively weak. One of the chaos warriors, the Lord of Thrall, punched a hole for the ball-carrier to run through, and my remaining chaos warriors also charged through to mark up the
    nearby defenders. Although a couple of Norse managed to recover and mark the ball, the remaining team was caught out of position and I was able to continue the push and score on turn 5. 0-1 to Doomdark's Revenge

Sketch had used all of his rerolls in attempting to halt my drive, and Nuffle now laid a scaly hand on the dice for the following Norse drive, with Sketch failing his first action (a ball pickup and a double skulls block) in each of his next two turns. I used my two "free" turns to run two beastmen through his line and threaten the ball, but Sketch's luck reasserted itself however and he was able to recover the position to see out the half only one TD down. 0-1 to Doomdark's Revenge at half time

The second half began with a lovely deep kick close to the corner which Sketch (wary now of failing his pickup) took a couple of turns to collect with his thrower and run into the cage. I backed away from his lines and tried to cover the width of the pitch.

Sketch set up his cage on the right hand side of the pitch and tried to push through, but I got my chaos warriors back in time and, even worse for Sketch, the Norse werewolf (their best chance of smashing through the Chaos lines) got pushed into the Chaos backfield and isolated from his team mates. After four fairly inconclusive turns Sketch decided to go for it, and suddenly switched the point of attack to his left, moving his remaining pieces bravely into contact with the chaos players and inviting the hits. This tactic was risky and meant that Sketch was vulnerable to blitzes, and I managed to get a chaos warrior 1v1 against his ball-carrying thrower but without a knockdown. With time running out Sketch was forced to try to pass the ball wide and hope for Nuffle to intervene, but he fumbled the pass (presumably with a reroll, unfortunately) and then had issues picking the ball up on his penultimate turn, and so the match wound down with just time for the Lord of Whispers to smack one of the Norse into the BH box.

Final score 0-1 to Doomdark's Revenge.

Cheers for the game Sketch. Best of luck against those horrid Dwarves.

I'd be most grateful if one of the admins could please validate the game if you have a moment. Many thanks.