View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 262 of 415 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 8290
    Beauty and the Beast 2 : Black Bombers 1

BatB dodge a bullet here.

BB recieve and Chainsaw Gobbo causes a permanent -1av injury on a Woodie and then takes the sole Wardancer out of the half. Woodies are confused and fail to even force the Gobbos to score before the end of the half. 1-0 to BB at the end of the first half, but most the the Woodie team is back. 10 players is enough... if the BatB coach can get his act together.

Second half BatB recieve and score a 2 turn TD, the usual elven stuff, pass,dodge, agil 4, catch. get in. Kick off to Gobbos who cage up and run down the right (as elves see it) side of the field. A small skirmish erupts and the Woodies send in the Wardancer who knocks the ball free to be picked up by the Catcher. The Gobbos try to contain but once the ball is free and in the open it is pretty hard to stop the Woodies. Coach Prester tries his best to not score by leaving his catcher 1 GFI from the endzone (for no good reason) with no re rolls but fate smiles and BatB take a 2-1 lead on their last turn.

Coach Cyberpunkdreams played the Gobbos very well and it was a fun game. Fortunate victory for myself and hats off to anyone who plays Gobbos just coz!!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Odin's Longboatmen (Norse, Sketchseven) v Doomdark's Revenge (Chaos, me)

Final score 0-1 to Doomdark's Revenge.

Cheers for the game Sketch. Best of luck against those horrid Dwarves.

I'd be most grateful if one of the admins could please validate the game if you have a moment. Many thanks.
    A good game but my team's utter inability to get anything going was only compounded by further second half ineptitude. I seem to have fallen victim to the twin gods of Nuffle and Cyanide recently. Great matches are nullified by disconnects, bad matches play to the end with horrific dice.

Ah well. Tomorrow's another day. I shall sacrifice a snotling to Nuffle, quaff some ale, and have at those pesky dwarven types.

Norse vs Dorfs?

...good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    Norse vs Dorfs?

...good luck.
    That sounds erm......painful?

Div3
    Kajers (Kajo, Necro) vs IWTNH (ntw, Skaven)

One play pretty much sums up the game for me -
    Nice weather and IWTNH receiving, 2 turns to get a quick score and go in at halftime with a one TD lead. Skaven mob the line and leave a GutterRunner back to collect the ball, Necro setup fairly conservatively. The Necro kick lands on the sideline about 2/3 of the way into the Skaven half, then bounces along the sideline (bad start). Kickoff Event is a Blitz (uh-oh, not liking this) and a Werewolf and Ghoul push through and threaten the ball. IWTNH setup a pocket around the Thrower and the Gutter Runner runs across to pickup the ball, Fumble, Reroll, Fumble (yep, knew that was gonna happen). Kajers trot over, pickup the ball and walk across the line to secure a lead.

Both Necros other scores involved multiple dodges and one or more GFIs, but to balance that, the IWTNH score was an inaccurate pass which landed next to the intended GutterRunner waiting in the endzone, then bounced into his surprised paws!

Final score 3-1 to Kajo, gratz fella.

On the plus side we killed one of his werewolves :)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Network Hub
    Yeah, "sorry for that TD" was a popular thing to say :D

It was a mix of extremely good and bad rolls for both of us.. you got the punches/pass, i got the dodges/GFI

...and of course the MVP goes to the killed Werefolf. At least i have the money to get another one

Kargurg is dead. Long live Kargurg!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    Yeah, "sorry for that TD" was a popular thing to say :D

It was a mix of extremely good and bad rolls for both of us.. you got the punches/pass, i got the dodges/GFI

...and of course the MVP goes to the killed Werefolf. At least i have the money to get another one

Kargurg is dead. Long live Kargurg!
    "Kargurg the second" or "Kargurg II" or "kargurg Mk. II" surely? Maybe it's me but I like to try to keep track of the number of deaders I get. I just replaced "replacement replacement blitzer" with "replacement blitzer 4" on my orc team, for example.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I wish I'd started doing that with my Open League goblins form the beginning. I think I'm on the 6th or 7th looney now. That guy is a block magnet.
    Last edited by Screwie; 12-06-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    "Kargurg the second" or "Kargurg II" or "kargurg Mk. II" surely? Maybe it's me but I like to try to keep track of the number of deaders I get. I just replaced "replacement replacement blitzer" with "replacement blitzer 4" on my orc team, for example.
    Kargurg the Second was his name, I just bought Kargurg the Third

I have a "Fodder5c" currently on my roster - he's the 3rd iteration of the Fodder5 (LineRat) player...unfortunately he doesn't seem to have learned much from his predecessors mistakes.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I had a Lineman who was Auto-Named "Hob the Ugly" he was my kicker and he was killed. I replaced him with "Hob the not so ugly" he was my kicker, he got killed. I've now replaced him with "Hob the moderately attractive". He picked up a MVP in his first game so soon he shall be my kicker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I wish I'd started doing that with my Open League goblins form the beginning. I think I'm on the 6th or 7th looney now. That guy is a block magnet.
    Well, duh. He's got a damn chainsaw!
    If he's on the pitch my priority is to maim the hell out of him as quickly as possible, before he can slice up my orcs. And I'll foul him if he's down.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Well, duh. He's got a damn chainsaw!
    If he's on the pitch my priority is to maim the hell out of him as quickly as possible, before he can slice up my orcs. And I'll foul him if he's down.
    Oh I noticed! My expectation is to get one good casualty with the looney per match, anything better is awesome. If no target presents itself he works great as a worrisome distraction too.

Although my current guy lasted long enough to level up, so he learned Dodge and has managed to survive a little while longer because of it.

Oh well, I've got a skeleton in Auld whose name is Inept Inept IV. I guess you can all see the name carries weight on his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    Not sure I agree with fend. He's not going to be blocked - he's going to be blitzed, so they can always follow up.
    Ish. If they've blitzed where you've got supporting defenders they may have to stop anyway or face having to dodge to followup. It also stops Frenzy-crowd-surfs and the almighty Claw/MB/Pile-On trio.

I like Fend, but that's largely because on my LoS Wrestle-skeletons there's not much else to give them :|

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Ish. If they've blitzed where you've got supporting defenders they may have to stop anyway or face having to dodge to followup. It also stops Frenzy-crowd-surfs and the almighty Claw/MB/Pile-On trio.

I like Fend, but that's largely because on my LoS Wrestle-skeletons there's not much else to give them :|
    Tackle. After the LoS brawl is over, stick them to marking duty/TG assist. No more players dodging away.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Definitely keen on getting Guard for at least three linemen if possible - nice to have a LoS brawl that will be much harder to tip against me.

Played Squirrelfanatic today - he was a real sport, and fun to play with. I really enjoyed the part where 4 players got injured, my star player died, and I was left with 4 players on the pitch due to KO's for the whole of the second half.

SF was great company though. Kudos.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

This was the most bloody game I have ever played. Loads of injuries and two (?) deaths on DarkWing's side opened up the pitch for the Orcs to roam. Despite the horrible losses, DW didn't give up and gave me a good match with everything a coach could wish for: Spraying blood, insane amounts of re-rolls (at one point the Undead had 7 re-rolls at their disposal), and a bit of Cyanide madness (2 Blitz actions in one turn).

In the end, I "only" managed to score twice, in part due to some heroic play by the Undead's eh...live Ghoul who threw himself at the ballcarrying Blitzer who then wasn't able to reach the TD zone one more time.

Final Score:
    Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git 2 - 0 Warpstone Wranglers

Thanks for the game DarkWing, you showed really good sportsmanship. Hopefully, next time we meet, Nuffle will distribute his screwing a bit more evenly.

Edit: If any of the administrators is around, please validate the game. Many thanks.
    Editedit: Thanks!
    Last edited by Squiz; 12-06-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Games (that were marked in the sheet) validated! Week 2 deadline is in 5 days :-)