View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 263 of 415 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Hey groovy, me and ntw are going to need a slight extension for our week 2 game as he's on holiday this week. Earliest we can manage will be Monday night.

Div D: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 1 - 2 Brewery Management (DWA, Alini)

The game starts in the pouring rain with the Brewery Management on the offensive. Things start well for the visitors when their Troll Slayer on the wing frenzies a Blitz-Ra into the crowd. The Dwarves cage up for a push down their right field, but make little progress against the Tomb Guardian bolstered defence. However, as the ball carrier slips sideways to centre field Brewery Management KOs two Tomb Guardians in a row, leaving the Anupshi Rises defence badly lacking muscle. Unperturbed, the remaining Blitz-Ra follows the ball and sacks the Dwarf Runner before being dog-piled for charging in unsupported and joining the Tomb Guardians in the KO box. Recovering the ball again the Dwarves now surge down their left field in force. The Khemri defenders, now four players down, manage to hold back the cage, but the Runner breaks out and crosses the touchline as shortly before the end of the half to leave the game 1-0 to Brewery Management.

The clouds part and the Bloodweiser Babes recover the entire Khemri KO box, presumably by pouring the beer over them, in time for them to form up against a solid wall of hardened Dwarves doing what they do best - standing firm. Fresh from the humiliation of leaving the pitch, one of the Tomb Guardians pokes the formerly offending Troll Slayer in the eye, the bony digit doing enough damage to send the Dwarf off on a stretcher. Pushing against the defenders' line, Anupshi Rises manage to lever open the gap left by the Troll Slayer and create a channel down their right flank. With a corridor made of players on one side and the sideline on the other, the ball carrying Thro-Ra squeezes up the side of the pitch and well into the opposition half. As the Dwarves scramble to respond the rest of the Khemri hurl themselves into the mix in order to bog down any defensive move, and the Thro-Ra breaks for the touchline to score.
    When the game begins again it is looking unlikely that either side have the time to score again, but the attacking Dwarves make a hard push. Bowing in the defence on one side, a runner dashes for clear space on the opposition side and the ball carrier goes for a pass. The crowd gasps in astonishment as the ball is plucked from the air... by none other than a Tomb Guardian. If the corpse had been drawing breath no doubt he would have gasped in astonishment too. Not one to be put off by the alien feeling of holding a ball, the Khemri blocker starts to shuffle as quickly as he can towards the touchline. A Thro-Ra and Blitz-Ra manage to race to his aid, but it isn't enough to stop the Dwarves falling back to envelop the group. As the seconds tick away the lanky undead pulls back his arm for another astonishing play, and to a cry of "ELFBALL!" from the crowd drops it at his feet. Brewery Management race to make a final attempt at scoring in the closing seconds. In an ironic demonstration of how Elfball should be played the ball is recovered and hurried downfield to be handed off to a Runner. Relaying the ball over the halfway line he makes a short pass which is received by another runner who had used the chaos at the other end of the pitch. The whistle hangs from the Ref's mouth in shock as he and everyone else watches the final Runner hurl himself over the touchline to put the last touch to a play which took the ball three quarters of the length of the pitch and on to score, leaving the final result a thrilling 2-1 to Brewery Management.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    As part of my "change to every team" World Tour today I am changing over to High Elves after deciding that a change in playstyle would massively refresh my enjoyment of Bloodbowl (which is by no means flagging) and a good pun is worth its tonnage in gold.

I need to carefully think about player name but "HElf and Safety"("H.Elf and Safety"?) will be the manifestations of my will next season.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 12-06-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Yay more elves to kill!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    As part of my "change to every team" World Tour today I am changing over to High Elves after deciding that a change in playstyle would massively refresh my enjoyment of Bloodbowl (which is by no means flagging) and a good pun is worth its tonnage in gold.

I need to carefully think about player name but "HElf and Safety"("H.Elf and Safety"?) will be the manifestations of my will next season.

*Immediately buys a goblin and begins training him with Dirty Player and Sneaky Git*

Ooooh Helioooo. Remember your Undead 8-man fouling my HElves a couple of seasons ago? That was a great match. Really great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Hey groovy, me and ntw are going to need a slight extension for our week 2 game as he's on holiday this week. Earliest we can manage will be Monday night.

That should be fine screwie, monday's only one day over. Thanks for letting me know in advance :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post

*Immediately buys a goblin and begins training him with Dirty Player and Sneaky Git*

Ooooh Helioooo. Remember your Undead 8-man fouling my HElves a couple of seasons ago? That was a great match. Really great.
    Hey now.
    How much do you expect my proclivity for fouling to change? I'm going to gang foul your gang fouler, so you better bring spares.

When drawing, casualties win matches indeed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm going to gang foul your gang fouler
    But what if he gang fouls your gang fouler before your gang fouler can gang foul Denetharial's gang fouler?

We need to go deeper...

Foulception..
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    Foulception..
    *wakes up to the tune of numa numa*

I managed to beat Desvergeh's Orcs, the Bishi Bashi Special, 2-1 in division D. A good deal of luck was had on my part- a particularly effective wizard and a well-timed kill on a black ork both contributed heavily to the second TD. Validation would be ace, as I think we both have a couple of level ups. Thanks to Desvergeh for a great game, and sorry again for that Black Ork.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I didn't realise I had to update the spreadsheet with my result - I've now done that, sorry. Could I get the (Division H) game validated please? I am literally beside myself with excitement to see if one of my Chaos Warriors has levelled up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Pro tip, you can check the after match results before returning to the main menu (which will then hide the match until its validated) to see if you got any levels, this allows you to glare at your opponent who got all the levels while your mummy stays 1spp away from level four for the 8th game in a row.

Edit: i like your bloodbowl blog! Keep it up, also this reminds me Jiiiiim you need to archieve your match reports for ease of access, people who dont play in the open Jiiiiim changes popular songs into match reports and then sings them, it is a thing of beauty
    Last edited by LowKey; 14-06-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Banned
    Thanks for the game and the write up Dog Pants, that was a very exciting last couple of turns indeed! My two runners are still drunk on their elfball success (including an accurate throw and a catch, oh me, oh my), although my troll-slayer will still be nursing injuries next game...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    ....while your mummy stays 1spp away from level four for the 8th game in a row
    Arrgh I had this on my runner for ages. It's extra annoying on a player with passing skills!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    My thrower 'Bullseye' (Hah!) was on 5SPPs for the first 15 games I played as humans. He literally could not complete a pass, so I have great sympathy Screwie :-).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I went from having 7 Guard players to having 3 in the space of four games. That was a tough time, I've never got back to having lots of Guard because both my replacement Blitzers rolled doubles on their first level up so I had to take Dodge and then they've neither of them got another level up since even after about 20 games or so.

I'm having the opposite problem. All my catchers keep rolling doubles so I can never pass up guard but could really do with some basic skills like dodge on them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If I get relegated this season I may have to do some serious surgery on my team. I think Dietmar Frej, for example, has not being following good personal development plan and has kind of drifted away from the team ethos.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 14-06-2012 at 07:39 PM.