View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 264 of 415 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Confirming that Hutton's 'Altdorf Army' used to be a terrifying wall of Guard and punching.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I did not play a game yesterday and even if I did it did not go incredibly badly. If I had played yesterday I would definitely have been able to pickup the ball more than once in the whole match and definitely not have my only successful pickup when I was already 3-0 down. I'm sure NieA7 will be able to neither confirm nor deny these scandalous rumours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Well that's all right then.
    Move along people, nothing to see here.

Hi - may AgP and I please get an extension for our match so we can play on Monday evening? He's away until then, so it's the next available slot from now. Sorry!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    No probs deeky, thanks for letting me know :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Safe throw is bugged, high elves are out. Replaced with dark elves.

Good meeting.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Safe throw is bugged, high elves are out. Replaced with dark elves.
    Welcome to the best side. Will you be going all stabby stabby, or the more sane multi-blodger route?

I honestly I have no idea.

Match report:
    2Labs's Tea and Discobiscuits(WElf) -vs- Heliocentric's TaxeDerm (Und)
    My match with 2Lab has been delayed a few times, non of them by Cyanide though. By turn 3 I had injured 2 elves and killed third, caged the ball and the elf's tree man took root with no-one in his tackle zones on turn 1 and he failed a leap on an AG5 war dancer getting himself stunned while I passed about 6 GFI's despite the blizzard.

I was just about to get the gang foul train rolling knocking out 2 players in 2 turns with fouls and 2Lab decided for the good of his agility 5 potential foul victims that he would concede on turn 3 (4?)

Cant say I blame him, at a rate of 1 player a turn injured he was lucky the only death was a loner.

2Labs's Tea and Discobiscuits(WElf) 0-vs-2 Heliocentric's TaxeDerm (Und)

Winning by default is always a bittersweet thing, but at least i got a recruit out of it (the loner turned skeleton) and my wight won one of the 2 MVP's and finally levelled up. Can an admin validate please?
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 15-06-2012 at 06:33 PM.

I honestly I have no idea.

Match report:
    2Labs's Tea and Discobiscuits(WElf) -vs- Heliocentric's TaxeDerm (Und)
    My match with 2Lab has been delayed a few times, non of them by Cyanide though. By turn 3 I had injured 2 elves and killed third, caged the ball and the elf's tree man took root with no-one in his tackle zones on turn 1 and he failed a leap on an AG5 war dancer getting himself stunned while I passed about 6 GFI's despite the blizzard.

I was just about to get the gang foul train rolling knocking out 2 players in 2 turns with fouls and 2Lab decided for the good of his agility 5 potential foul victims that he would concede on turn 3 (4?)

Cant say I blame him, at a rate of 1 player a turn injured he was lucky the only death was a loner.

2Labs's Tea and Discobiscuits(WElf) 0-vs-2 Heliocentric's TaxeDerm (Und)

Winning by default is always a bittersweet thing, but at least i got a recruit out of it (the loner turned skeleton) and my wight won one of the 2 MVP's and finally levelled up. Can an admin validate please?
    Confirming the default.

Heh, It wasn't about saving the Ag5s, more about saving my monitor from my fist.
    Sorry, it's bad form but I've been digging emergency drainage ditches in the rain, all week and just don't need and hour and a half of losing badly at bloodbowl, before I got out and do more of it ;/

Quote Originally Posted by 2lab View Post
    Confirming the default.

Heh, It wasn't about saving the Ag5s, more about saving my monitor from my fist.
    Sorry, it's bad form, but I've been digging emergency drainage ditches in the rain, all week and just don't need and hour and a half of losing badly at bloodbowl, before I got out and do more of it ;/
    Quitting is perfectly legitimate, how else am I expected to level up these damn zombies? But i think you underestimate elf bastardry, I've suffered touchdowns against elf teams with 4 players left standing at the start of the drive(yes this says more about me than the elves), failing that AG5 leap must have been seriously infuriating after watching my zombies GFI about in the slow like they were on snowmobiles.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 15-06-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Quitting is perfectly legitimate, how else am I expected to level up these damn zombies? But i think you underestimate elf bastardry, I've suffered touchdowns against elf teams with 4 players left standing at the start of the drive(yes this says more about me than the elves), failing that AG5 leap must have been seriously infuriating after watching my zombies GFI about in the slow like they were on snowmobiles.
    Yeah, I konw I've won a game where I had two gutter runner on the pitch for the last drive. You need some bounce in your soul to overcome the wroth of Nuffle and I'm just not there.
    Last edited by 2lab; 15-06-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Wayward Gladiators (Nor) vs. The Tuftybushe Fruitcakes (Hal)

Yet another eventful match for the fruitcakes.

After winning to toss, the halflings decided to receive. Unfortunately, the Norsemen blitzed through and surrounded the ball directly. The fruitcakes managed nonetheless to pick up the ball and perform a magnificent pass, allowing one of their teammates to be thrown far enough to score.

That being done, there was still quite a few turns to hold until the first half. We took a serious beating with a couple of self inflicted injuries. We couldn't hold the northern fury for long, and suffered a first TD.

The second half was a bit less balanced. Having suffered already a few losses, we couldn't contain the Norse and took a couple more touchdowns as the lines were becoming thinner and thinner... Not to mention the loss of a star treeman (with 3MV!!) early on, meaning not much could be done. Thanks to expert hacksaw action from the apothecary, an attempt to cure a long term root injury turned my star player into a pile of slack-wood (RIP).

Special mention about a (thankfully) exceptionally useless troll which spent its match either confused and growling or KO on the sideline.

Wayward Gladiators 3 - The Tuftybushe Fruitcakes 1

PS: that was a good laugh, thanks El Cubo for the fun match!

Could I respectfully request validation for my game in Div D against Desvergeh? I've been salivating over the prospect of three level ups :)

I need to decide on 2 ups myself.
    For my mummy stand firm gives me a matching pair and grab boost my chain block potential.

But for my wight I'm totally unsure.

Pro, frenzy or mighty blow for reliable brutality. Frenzy, grab,fend or standfirm for positional, control. Tackle or strip ball for target hunting.

So much choice.

I gave both my (Necro) Wights MB after guard, and to be honest while it's worked I've kind of regretted it - I think Tackle on at least one of them would've been much more useful. Doubles and stats aside I'm planning on getting Tackle then Stand Firm for both of them for their next skills. Strip Ball might be interesting but it probably goes better on a Ghoul - Dodge, Wrestle, Tackle, Strip Ball, lovely. That said Juggernaut/Strip Ball is a fun combo a Wight can pull off...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    Wayward Gladiators 3 - The Tuftybushe Fruitcakes 1

PS: that was a good laugh, thanks El Cubo for the fun match!
    Oh yes, I had a smashing time! And gained 4 level ups, too (validate Div 5, plz!)

As someone here said, Norse are just a bunch bullies. They like to pick on someone smaller than them, but once someone stands up to them, they're just touchy little men. While they've caused plenty of hurts, they've taken more serious injuries than other teams I've played, apart from wood elves.
    Last edited by El Cubo; 16-06-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I gave both my (Necro) Wights MB after guard, and to be honest while it's worked I've kind of regretted it - I think Tackle on at least one of them would've been much more useful. Doubles and stats aside I'm planning on getting Tackle then Stand Firm for both of them for their next skills. Strip Ball might be interesting but it probably goes better on a Ghoul - Dodge, Wrestle, Tackle, Strip Ball, lovely. That said Juggernaut/Strip Ball is a fun combo a Wight can pull off...
    Agreed. Tackle is a priority as most your blitzing will be with them. I think strip ball should be on at least one of your wights as well. Ghouls have a shorter lifespan especially wrestle ghouls so you'll need backup for when your ball hunting ghoul cops it.

Personally, I would go with Mighty Blow, then Tackle as the first two skill-ups on at least one of the Wights/Blitzers. If you want to take MB anyways, take it as the first skill. It helps leveling up your guys that much faster. Tackle is really good on 1-2 players for a bashy team, but it does nothing when you're playing against non-dodgers.

I've been pleased with how my undead team has been turning out on Fumbbl

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=te...team_id=656350

You definitely need one horrible MB-tackle Wight, to do your blitzes, but I think there's room for diversity with the other one. With so few specials, you need to pick a variety of skills.

I like to build wights with guard then tackle/stand firm/mighty blow/juggernaut.

It depends on how you build the rest of your team, but you can either make them versatile with tackle and stand firm, or strong blitzers with tackle/jugg. MB help get people off the pitch, so if your strategy needs this then pick it up early.

I find that I blitz most often with mummies, so I usually go with stand firm/tackle, but if you blitz with the wights a lot then MB/jugg is a good combo.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High