View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 268 of 415 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Can someone reset mine and el cubos game in div 5? We had connection problems on turn 11 and it was a really good game. DAMN YOU CYANIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Network Hub
    Gorm and I got the cyanide treatment. Div 5 match between Cheeze it! and Wayward Gladiators need a reset. And it was such a hair-raising match, too.

e: You can tell Gorm coaches a skaven team, he's as fast here as he is on the pitch!
    Last edited by El Cubo; 19-06-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    Gorm and I got the cyanide treatment. Div 5 match between Cheeze it! and Wayward Gladiators need a reset. And it was such a hair-raising match, too.

e: You can tell Gorm coaches a skaven team, he's as fast in the bedroom as he is on the pitch!
    Fixed that for you

edit: also with regards to this league buisness im not fussed either way, i just wanna rock
    Last edited by LowKey; 19-06-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Thank you, kind sir.

By the way, have other noticed that if both sides end the Blood Bowl process at the same time, the match won't get registered? I'm not so sure about this so I'd like to have it confirmed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The vault has been locked, the tomb has had its boulder rolled and the sarcophagus is sealed.

TaxeDerm have returned to the boardroom showing 15% growth despite a general recession of the markets.

But rest easy, if one day elves with too many skills threaten the economy? TaxeDerm will raise from their shallow graves to claim the wicked for their ranks.

So... Dark elves, I need puns dammit.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Just finished my Day3 game against Cyberpunkdreams. Match report lateron, just that much: 2 deaths, 1 one them saved by my Apoth (my Lineorc was not as lucky...). Still, one of my Black Orcs got Broken Ribs.

Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git (Orc, me) 2 - 0 Black Bombers (Goblin, Cyberpunkdreams)

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Squirrelfanatic and I just played an absolutely brutal, chaotic match (his orcs vs my gobbos) which resulted in one death each (would have been two for the orcs without a helpful apothecary) and a whole load of casualties.

Edit: *snap*

Obscure Node
    I've unfortunately not gotten Xenny's attempts at contact. Added him on Steam, no luck there. We'll try and get it sorted, mebbe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rhylok - he tried through the Division H subgroup. Sketch has messaged you there too I think about this week.

Xenny - If you're reading this - reply to my message about playing this week or I will consign your soul to Slaanesh.

Obscure Node
    Rhylok - I'm free to play now if you are?

Everblue - will do.

Oooh, structure charts, it's like an interesting version of the day job.

While I'm fine with the divs the way they are being able to move between seasons faster would be nice, and anything that makes the admin's life easier can only be a good thing. It would be nice to have a bit more mixing across the Divs too, loads of coaches have joined since I did but I've hardly had a chance to play any of them (or their delicious, lower TV teams). I was thinking of something along these lines, with 4 teams per Div:

What Happens
    The numbers refer to your finishing position in the division, 1 for top, 4 for bottom etc.

Alpha 1: Your winner! Stay in Alpha next season
    Alpha 2-4: Relegated to Beta

Beta 1: Promoted to Alpha
    Beta 2: Stay in Beta next season
    Beta 3-4: Relegated to Gamma

Gamma 1: Promoted to Beta
    Gamma 2: Stay in Gamma next season
    Gamma 3-4: Entered into relegation pool

Omega 1: Promoted to Gamma
    Omega 2-4: Stay in Omega next season

Teams are randomised according to level across seasons, so everyone who ends up in Beta gets put in a hat and divided out again across three Divs. The relegation pool from Gamma (obviously we'll need to think of suitably Blood Bowl-ey names for the levels) is shared across the whole level, with the number of people relegated determined by the number of Omega Divs. For example, with 6 Omega Divs the bottom 6 teams from positions 3 and 4 across all of Gamma would be relegated to Omega, with the top 6 teams from Omega getting promoted. This might mean the bottom two teams from Divs 5, 6 and 7 get relegated while nobody from Divs 8, 9 and 10 go down, depending on the points and TD/Cas difference.

On the plus side this mixes things up a bit for the teams while still allowing for randomised promotions (and hopefully therefore easier admin). It will also work for anything from 10 to 22 Divs, which should be plenty for the foreseeable future. On the minus side promotion will be tough to earn, and how the Omega div works might not be clear for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    So... Dark elves, I need puns dammit.
    What's the team scheme? If it was me, I'd name them after evil Disney characters. I'm not sure why.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Oooh yeah famous villains.

Or alternatively, famous bastards.

Surely all Disney characters are evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Or alternatively, famous bastards.
    That's genius. All the names have to be appended with "the Bastard" though

"William the Bastard" etc

Obscure Node
    Rhylok and I just went to get our game only to find it had already been admined... oh well.

Oh my Nuffle. My Starplayer, Heliocentric (Blitzer), has leveled up yet again. He's really hogging all the SPPs, mostly because he happens to be around when things look ugly and someone needs to take out the trash... and the ball. He has just got another MVP from last match and now is sitting at 32SPPs. If he ever dies, my TV will drop right into the cellar.

Right, Helio, your Orcish complement looks as follow:
    Block, Mighty Blow, Tackle, Doubles.

Usually, the next skill should have been Piling On. And now, well, I guess I have to think of something. Hmm... Sidestep?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Oh my Nuffle. My Starplayer, Heliocentric (Blitzer), has leveled up yet again. He's really hogging all the SPPs, mostly because he happens to be around when things look ugly and someone needs to take out the trash... and the ball. He has just got another MVP from last match and now is sitting at 32SPPs. If he ever dies, my TV will drop right into the cellar.

Right, Helio, your Orcish complement looks as follow:
    Block, Mighty Blow, Tackle, Doubles.

Usually, the next skill should have been Piling On. And now, well, I guess I have to think of something. Hmm... Sidestep?
    Pass ? Catch ? All star players have one of those surely?

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Fend, surely? ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Jump Up, then Piling On later?