View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 272 of 415 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Thanks to boots468 for a very entertaining and tense match, seldom felt in control, and when I did he came out of nowhere and blitzed my ballcarrier.

Rattatatz (skaven, mrpier) 2 - 1 The David Icke Experience (lizards, boots468)
    Right back at ya for the blitzing ball carriers out of nowhere! Here was my experience of the game, in glorious technicolour:

Edit: Hmm - glorious yet tiny technicolour. I'll get the hang of paint one of these days...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Red Skull Reavers (Pres Weasel, Chaos) 2 - 1 Hardwood Harpies (Drawlien, Wood Elves)

The worst casualty of the evening wasn't inflicted by the Reavers; it was inflicted by the cold, hard, stone of the pitch, as a failed leap put one of Drawlien's wardancers in the morgue. However we can take some of the credit - we'd already used up both of Drawlien's apocs by turn 3.
    I'm not telling you which ones they are, as you can do your own damn research, but 4 of Drawlien's team were carrying niggling injuries going into this match (and three of those are still alive). Reader, I checked his team beforehand, I made a list of the vulnerable ones, and I ruthlessly targeted those players. It worked, too - my first hit of the game was a blitz against a niggler, and it caused an apoc-worthy injury.

Drawlien made a miscalculation trying to score his equaliser - he had the ball in the hands of a blodging sidestepper one pace from the line, but he hadn't realised that the one chaos man within a single go for it of his player had strip ball.
    Reader, I stripped the ball. It bounced off the pitch and was thrown on within pickup range of one of my 4ag elfbeasts - but I couldnt resist the temptation to pass to another beastman and try for an elfball touchdown. I'd have been better off caging, as the target of the pass spilled the ball.
    Drawlien got the ball back and tried a long downfield pass to an Ag5 catcher on the line - but his thrower arsed the pass and the pass-skill reroll. I then made my own miscalculation - planning to put 4 players round the ball and then hit his catcher, I instead ran the very first player OVER the ball because I got too excited and forgot that the UI always, always takes the most idiotic path to any destination. I burned my last reroll failing a pickup I didn't even want to make, and gave away a turnover allowing an easy TD for Drawlien.

Drawlien didn't have enough elves vertical to stop a winning TD though, and with only one turn left and no riot roll he didn't have time to equalise. Not sure I entirely deserved the win, but I will take it.

With 6 points apiece for me and Drawlien, and with the other players tying their match and finishing on 4 and 1 points, promotion goes to head-to-head results - and for the first time ever, I get promoted to the Championship!

THE RED SKULL REAVERS ARE GOING TO THE SHOW!
    Last edited by President Weasel; 21-06-2012 at 10:03 PM.

*cracks knuckles*

Activated Node
    Hi, could a kindly admin please validate the result between DeekyFun and myself (2-2 draw, division 4). Thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    *cracks knuckles*
    Yeah, the team aren't ready for the big time and I'll be up against players who've already proven they can beat me - but it should be a fun experience nonetheless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
    I can't get my game in with kajo any time soon and we've both made good faith efforts to schedule, so can we get our game set to a draw and have div 3 advanced.

Cheers.
    Just echoing this, can we have Div 3 rolled on please? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    If anyone gets injured you are out of pocket (assuming you didn't fail to heal them). I guess I better pray for Halflings.
    I don't know what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by AgP View Post
    Hi, could a kindly admin please validate the result between DeekyFun and myself (2-2 draw, division 4). Thanks.
    "Kindly Admin"? What is that then? We are all complete bastards here... :)

I'll try and have a look at outstanding results and stuffs tonight.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    I don't know what you're on about.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

*midget throwing picture snipped*
    Come to the short side! We have cookies. And a banquet all setup and ready...

If anyone gets injured you are out of pocket (assuming you didn't fail to heal them). I guess I better pray for Halflings.
    Halflings have Mighty Blow access though. Better to pray for elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Halflings have Mighty Blow access though. Better to pray for elves.
    Erm... Do we? (You being sarky? ;))

I was referring to halflings as in the team, not the position. :P

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well you may get your wish Helio; I’m probably rebooting to ‘flings. I’m suffering withdrawal from my first love and while the Take Root desync issue hasn’t been fixed to my knowledge I’ll no longer worry about inflicting it on opponents since desync issues became generalised after the last patch.

Ah but no, the position is lineman, and the species is halfling :) But I hear you, treemen have big wooden arms that hurt elves and even kill big guys!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Forgot to ask my question; do we have a readers wives policy? My other half will need a new BB league in a couple of weeks and I think the ten day schedule here is perfect for her. However she is in no way part of this community. Any objections to bringing an alien in?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Take Root desync issue
    How does it manifest itself? I don't recall having suffer that yet.

Talking about bugs... I "accidentally" selected multiple block (as a skill), and it seems that I can't opt out of it when preforming block, now... I seem get the block STR penalty regardless of whether I decide to multiple block or not; the only option I get is a dialogue box asking me if I want to do multiple block AFTER the first block I have already performed WITH the multiple block penalty. Is there a hidden UI bit somewhere that I have to toggle to prevent choosing systematically the "multiple block" option when my treeman is next to more than one victim?
    Last edited by Kapouille; 22-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Forgot to ask my question; do we have a readers wives policy? My other half will need a new BB league in a couple of weeks and I think the ten day schedule here is perfect for her. However she is in no way part of this community. Any objections to bringing an alien in?
    A WOMAN? Do you want to sink the ship???

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    There is no community in Blood Bowl, only the constant struggle of all against all. Or all against ball for the AG challenged teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    Talking about bugs... I "accidentally" selected multiple block (as a skill), and it seems that I can't opt out of it when preforming block, now... I seem get the block STR penalty regardless of whether I decide to multiple block or not; the only option I get is a dialogue box asking me if I want to do multiple block AFTER the first block I have already performed WITH the multiple block penalty. Is there a hidden UI bit somewhere that I have to toggle to prevent choosing systematically the "multiple block" option when my treeman is next to more than one victim?
    In the Options menu you should see a link to Skill Choices/Preferences (I forget the exact name). That loads up a list of all the skills and you can customise which skills the game asks you, uses by default or never uses from there.

Skills absolutely worth putting on "ask", off the top of my head:
    Diving Tackle, Dump-Off, Fend, Grab, Hail Mary Pass, Multiple Block, Piling On, Shadowing, Stab, Wrestle.

If you are already aware of this magical menu and you're still having Multiple Block issues, that IS a bug.