View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 273 of 415 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post

If you are already aware of this magical menu and you're still having Multiple Block issues, that IS a bug.
    I absolutely wasn't, and thanks buckets for that. You made my day Screwie, because it also covers other skills that are often okay to auto trigger, but are definitely better to check.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    How does it manifest itself? I don't recall having suffer that yet.
    The client is bad at remembering the root state so you occasionally get one client rolling for root while the other doesn’t, resulting in an irretrievable desync and lock up (often with a thrown fling spinning in mid-air).

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Skills absolutely worth putting on "ask", off the top of my head:
    Diving Tackle, Dump-Off, Fend, Grab, Hail Mary Pass, Multiple Block, Piling On, Shadowing, Stab, Wrestle.
    Never set Hail Mary to ask; it asks after you’ve thrown it so is totally useless. You have to leave it on or off and switch it on the player card during a match as appropriate. Multiple Block is best treated the same way imo to avoid the annoying question pop ups, but that does depend on you being able to remember to turn it on when you want to use it.

Fend doesn’t work properly either, but there is little way around that especially as you normally want to make an on the fly decision so you can’t turn it off on the card before your turn ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Multiple Block is best treated the same way imo to avoid the annoying question pop ups, but that does depend on you being able to remember to turn it on when you want to use it.
    So there IS a button in the bottom right area? I will have to inspect better next match...!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    So there IS a button in the bottom right area? I will have to inspect better next match...!
    Not for Multiple Block, there isn't. It's just Leap, Hail Mary Pass, normal pass, Bombardier and Hypnotic Gaze down there.

I'm not sure what Zoraster's talking about as the only other place to change skill use on the fly (that I am aware of!) is in the block pop-up itself, which is too late for Multi-Block. Will happily be educated though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You know the player card that appears in the bottom right when you select or hover over a player? Double click it and you get a pop up where you can turn on and off skills as you so desire. Vital to know as it is the only way to set up chain pushes on your own stand firm players, use hail mary etc.

Ah! Thanks. I will try that out.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That is useful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    You know the player card that appears in the bottom right when you select or hover over a player? Double click it and you get a pop up where you can turn on and off skills as you so desire. Vital to know as it is the only way to set up chain pushes on your own stand firm players, use hail mary etc.
    Wait whaaaaat?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea this is news to me too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    bu bu whaaaaa?

It's like the foundations of my world have been ripped away from me without warning.

We really need a Zoraster Tactical Corner. Dude's forgotten more about Bloodbowl than I'll ever know

...you mean you folks have never even TRIED to play with Hail Mary before?

That little tip is literally mandatory to avoid Cyanide using it for short passes. Also how you avoid Frenzy when it'll land you next to a beast of Nurgle or somesuch.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Frenzy isn't meant to be optional AFAICR, pretty much the only compulsory skill in the game.

IIRC it IS optional, but you can't change your decision half-way through. It's mentioned along with the lack of synergy with grab.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

"Frenzy (General)
    A player with this skill is a slavering psychopath who attacks his opponents in an uncontrollable rage. Unless otherwise overridden, this skill must always be used. When making a block, a player with this skill must always follow up if he can. If a 'Pushed' or 'Defender Stumbles' result was chosen, the player must immediately throw a second block against the same opponent so long as they are both still standing and adjacent. If possible, the player must also follow up this second block. If the frenzied player is performing a Blitz Action then he must pay a square of Movement and must make the second block unless he has no further normal movement and cannot Go For It again."

I always read that to mean you don't have a choice whether to use it or not, otherwise frenzy would be a skill with no drawbacks and worthwhile taking on about everyone. Not sure exactly what's meant by "unless otherwise overridden", though the phrase makes it sound like it's talking about it being overridden by another skill rather than the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I always read that to mean you don't have a choice whether to use it or not, otherwise frenzy would be a skill with no drawbacks and worthwhile taking on about everyone. Not sure exactly what's meant by "unless otherwise overridden", though the phrase makes it sound like it's talking about it being overridden by another skill rather than the coach.
    That's how I've always interpreted it as well. I tend to assume the "unless otherwise overridden" applies to things like Fend, which prevent you from following up and therefore using Frenzy (which, incidentally, points to one of the better reasons why you would want to apply Fend optionally, since you might be trying to bait a Frenzy player into a 2d-against block).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Frenzy is mandatory, that's why it's so funny to intentionally stand your own stand firm player to obstruct your frenzy so you can still get only 1 block off without moving somewhere you don't want to be.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

While we are sharing forbidden knowledge...

If your chat box vanishes? Tab gets it back.

Even better, if you're caught typing something when your opponent scores a touchdown and can't skip the celebration cut scenes? Tab, Return, Esc at leisure.

Apologies to those of you who already figured this one out.

I had not figured that out.