View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

    12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

    9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

    20 48.78%
Page 283 of 415 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 8290
  1. #5641
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    But then the argument just comes down to, "Hey thats not cool dude" and "Someone did it to me so i can do it to anyone."
    It’s actually been a useful discussion to allow me to reflect on my T16 fouling career (standing at 1 to date) and whether I’d continue. My conclusion is that if someone is hitting my players late in the game for the sole purpose of hurting them and farming SPPs, then I’m going to give their players a kicking if I can. I’m pretty sure that’s fair either way. I don't care about their 2SPPs - if they are trying to hurt my players, then I'm going to fight dirty.

    So for me it kind of depends on how the other guy wants the game to go. But anyway, I've said that already so I'll shut up for a bit.

  2. #5642
    Network Hub potatoedoughnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    США (GMT-7)
    Posts
    461
    I don't see a problem with turn 16 fouls. This has already been argued to death, so I don't want to keep flogging a dead horse, but most of time time you will meet an opponent again or their other games in the league will impact your own performance, so fouling T16 isn't much different than fouling T1.

    Also, as CH mentioned I usually have better things to do on a given turn than foul. That being said I feel like consciously thinking about and incorporating some light fouling into my playbook has improved my game. The past several seasons I've been reliably able to induce 200k+ every game and a bribe can be an excellent way to even the TVs a bit (I've gotten more use from bribes than wizards most games).
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    Steam = potatoedoughnut

    [RPS] Clone High

  3. #5643
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Welcome, and I've fixed the Race Balance sheet a bit - people hadn't been updating the Season Info sheet correctly. Now it is more accurate, however it still shows people who are still in this season, but quitting next season.
    Ta. dark elf has gone from full to nearly empty so i have switched. Now i just need a couple more people to drop out or join so i dont have to sit out next season.

  4. #5644
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    (I've gotten more use from bribes than wizards most games).
    Apart from our friendly last night where your wizard exploded my cage and killed one of my dudes! :p

  5. #5645
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,205
    Wow this turned into a bit of a thing! I certainly dont begrudge people doing it and i would never want to say make a rule to stop it! Its part of the game and thats ok, making it into a morale thing is a bit extreme however!

  6. #5646
    Network Hub Rakysh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    425
    It seems that every blood bowler as an opinion on a) turn 16 fouling, b) Claw+POMBing and c) what race DW should play next season.

  7. #5647
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,426
    @Lowkey
    Ah but the moral questions in life are the ones worth debating! Good vs evil, the moral law of Kant vs Bentian utilitarianism, sesquipedalian bullshit vs cod philosophy 101!

    I've been quite bored at work today so this thread has kept me nicely entertained. Also I have decided to start an Ogre team. It's been a good day.

  8. #5648
    Lesser Hivemind Node 20phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    812
    I dont foul with my league teams often. Not because I think its wrong - because as my league teams are elf/skaven I cant afford to have a 100k+ player off the pitch or in the skaven case - with av7 you lose players fast enough anyway. Exceptions are made when a game changing player hits the deck but thats about it.

    However my goblin team in the SSC can and do foul a lot. A fine example being my last game where I pulled out a draw after conceding a TD on my offensive drive. I drew by fouling all but two of his players off the pitch (a few were legitimately hit). The replay is excellent viewing - it was like an offensive drive up the pitch clearing players off the pitch before pushing higher.

    T16 fouls in MM where you're all trying to develop sides and damaging the other guy gets you no benefits whatsoever is not cool. I lost a ST4 block/MB high elf thrower and was livid. In a league environment its all fair game imho. You want to be the best team in the league? Why not smooth your progress by removing a few troublesome individuals on the way? I also think Alastair Hutton said it very succinctly when he said it can discourage your opponents from making certain decisions. This can only benefit you.

    With regards to witches why wouldnt you want at least one wrackle witch? Better movement than linos and comes with jump up out of the box. You only need to give her two skills to make her a pretty potent ball hunter.

  9. #5649
    Network Hub potatoedoughnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    США (GMT-7)
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Apart from our friendly last night where your wizard exploded my cage and killed one of my dudes! :p
    The exception that proves it! I've fireballed similar cages and not even knocked 1 player down.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    Steam = potatoedoughnut

    [RPS] Clone High

  10. #5650
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,015
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Wow this turned into a bit of a thing! I certainly dont begrudge people doing it and i would never want to say make a rule to stop it! Its part of the game and thats ok, making it into a morale thing is a bit extreme however!
    People are saying its morally wrong, if you go "meh", they have the dominant voice, extremist begats extremists.

    That said, I don't think of it as some "begotten right", but I get fed up with people overlaying their own rules and then acting like you are a dick if you don't follow them, we get enough of that in real life.

    I'm not a troll hiding behind anonymity and striking without warning, I am a culpable opponent who is ready to face the consequences by way of my opponents reaction. Don't like what I'm doing? Try and stop me.

    edit: pic too big
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 27-06-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  11. #5651
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,205
    Bloodbowl, serious buisness

  12. #5652
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    513
    Heliocentric is making a moral point about how little power we have in every day life. By fouling other peoples players he is fighting for us all when in real life we cant just arrange for someones death when life gives us lemons.

  13. #5653
    Lesser Hivemind Node NieA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Heliocentric is making a moral point about how little power we have in every day life. By fouling other peoples players he is fighting for us all when in real life we cant just arrange for someones death when life gives us lemons.
    When life gives you lemons KILL THEM ALL.

  14. #5654
    Network Hub Dog Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    People are saying its morally wrong, if you go "meh", they have the dominant voice, extremist begats extremists.
    I see your point there, I'll lend my voice. I have no objection to T16 fouls, it's part of the game and the game is supposed to be brutal. I think of it as fun, in the Dwarf Fortress sense, and if I had a player die to a T16 foul I'd (hopefully, it's easy to say this now) chuckle and call my opponent a bastard. As long as everyone's pleasant and civil in chat then anything goes on the pitch. I don't tend to do it myself - I may or may not have but can't remember as I don't really pay it much heed - but only because it's just not something I do in general, I don't usually think it's worth the risk.

    Note that as Khemri I may have some skeletons who disagree with that last statement, just in case anyone quotes this in the future.

  15. #5655
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    752
    Wasn't really expecting a throwaway comment about fouling to have sparked quite this much of a discussion. The foul on the Rat Ogre was on turn 1 or turn 2 of the game, resulted in a lineman being sent off and his apoc rescuing the damn beast to come back on after a completely ineffectual drive.

    It was, incidentally, a classic example of being outplayed by a Skaven team - deep kicks that have gutter runners putting pressure on the ball carrier from the very first turn, followed by turnovers, followed by me being completely unable to hurt any of them.

    ADMIN TYPES - should I update the spreadsheet to show that Rhylok and I can't play our game and he has agreed to default the win to me as he's the one that couldn't make it, or just leave it?

  16. #5656
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    With regards to witches why wouldnt you want at least one wrackle witch? Better movement than linos and comes with jump up out of the box. You only need to give her two skills to make her a pretty potent ball hunter.
    Because the first time she uses wrestle should be the last time she's seen on the pitch.

    It should be an effort for the opposition to get your Witch Elves onto the ground, you shouldn't give them a helping hand.

    Gutter Runners can get way with Wrestle because the first gutter Runner Wrestles the ball carrier down then the second ( and the possibly third and forth combining) one picks up the ball and scores which gets the first one back on their feet.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 28-06-2012 at 07:44 AM.

  17. #5657
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Because the first time she uses wrestle should be the last time she's seen on the pitch.
    In truth they have better survival rates on the ground, but that is another topic altogether.... stupid foul nerf. Wrestle witches win games. There is a section of BB coaches who rather forget that you get skills on players to make your team more effective. So often you see coaches get great rolls, put together a superstar, and then spend all their time trying to protect the player. Let her win games, let her burn bright and accept the downside that produces balance. It only takes one game to level a new one :)

    By the by a Wrestle Witch was the key player in the Open champion team last season.

  18. #5658
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,015
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Wasn't really expecting a throwaway comment about fouling to have sparked quite this much of a discussion.
    Hey, it was a good conversation, be proud ^_^

    The only issue with witches is the cash, they are like a star player once you get them block/wrestle, TBH I'd prefer a mercenary witch+wrestle to a star player sometimes.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  19. #5659
    Lesser Hivemind Node ntw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    727
    Well, that was surprising.

    Despite Jarvis having an advantage of 510TV ("Why hello Mr 'N Thorg, please line up just over....here"), I managed to beat him 3-1

    The last TD was thoroughly undeserved, particularly since I somehow managed to misclick 2 turns in succession, wasting perfect Blitz opportunities. Also LineRat Fodder7 died in his first ever match, then naturally got awarded MVP. In more positive news however one of my GutterRunners levelled up and is now a ManRunner :

    "Unholy Nuffle's crusty underpants Jim, is that a GutterRunner with THE STRENGTH OF A MAN that I see?"
    "Yes Bob. And look, there are two more next to him making 3 ManRunners in a single team."
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

  20. #5660
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,015
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    "Unholy Nuffle's crusty underpants Jim, is that a GutterRunner with THE STRENGTH OF A MAN that I see?"
    "Yes Bob. And look, there are two more next to him making 3 ManRunners in a single team."
    Its such a waste of TV >_<
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •