No change! I fear change!
Triplets! I love triplets!
GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!
4 - 0
Right. At least I only had one death on a brand new Halfling.
I welcome the soft warmth of lower leagues with a light heart and wallet.
Cacamas played well as well, there was nothing I could do. I'm sorry, but this time, the total lack of Nuffle support was such that I left myself drift out of game. Couldn't manage to keep the spirits high.
To be fair, I've been watching Necro and Lizard team levels like an old lady eagerly awaiting tea on a cold day.
Its bashing brutality with MV8 players, sure AG4 Skinks are terrifying in that they simply cannot be stopped(or stopped from passing and catching with nerves of steel), but werewolves are a triple threat of ball carrier hunter, runner and regenerating bastard.
A bullet-point summary for the impatient or PowerPoint-obsessed:
* A Blitz event on the first turn kick off allows elf catcher to get under the kicked ball.
* Second turn, catcher skips out of the surrounding cover to score.
* Halfling lands on his head when thrown
* Elves recover ball and score again just before half-time.
* Touch back plus a Quick Snap means cage formed easily around thrower at the start of second half.
* Simple drive down left flank results in TD 3 turns later.
* Weird bug means treeman lines up deep in own half where he was invisible until setup was finished.
* Halfling attempts to pick up, fails. Elves rush position, take ball and nip in for another TD.
* Halfling lands on his head when thrown, game ends
* Some choice stats:
* 4/12 KOs recovered for the 'lings
* 4/10 dodges succeeded for the 'lings
* 81% block success rate for the elves, while it was 34% for the 'lings
* 2 re-rolls used by elves in entire game with 3 to spare, while 13 were used by 'lings.
Thanks for the game Kapouille, well done for taking such horrible dice with such good humour.
Top Brass 4 - 0 Tuftybushe Fruitcakes
Er I think he also defaulted the previous match to mine which was with Xenny - I remember when we were first trying to organise the match, he was hoping to get that in first and hadn't realised that he'd already defaulted.
I think he's in the middle of moving which has messed things up a bit. If the done thing is to take a 0 - 0 draw than that's cool too, it's the first match I've not been able to play. We arranged it once, my Steam threw a hissy fit and refused to let me log in, we were subsequently unable to arrange a new time as he wasn't able to find space to get the game in.
Last edited by Heliocentric; 27-06-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Rhylok's horrible dwarves beat me 1-0 in week 1...
My new Blood Bowl blog
On holiday until Monday, looking forward to the new system, hope it's easier for the admins :)
Adding to the 'werewolves like to die' theory - I have more dead werewolves than snotlings in the last 10 games in the other leagues. True fact.
Also - I think 0-0 for Rhylok's game might be the right decision, if they both made an effort to play (it sounds like Rhylok was available, but steam prevented the game getting started?)
Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!
Werewolves are one of the few genuine star players (along with Witch Elves, Wardancers, Gutter Runners and Bull Centaurs for my money. Possibly the Beast as well), but they're a bit weird in that while they do everything well they don't do anything fantastically. Their first four skills pretty much pick themselves (blodge, sidestep, tackle), so unless you luck out on a stat or a double they often don't have the overt impact on a match the other stars can have. The fact that they're good at everything tends to encourage risk taking (especially given that their team mates, aside from the golem's, are all rather average), hence their limited life span - I've had a level 4 one die, not only does it suck, it really holds back the rest of the team until the replacement gets up to speed.