View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 305 of 415 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,100 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played Dentharials orcs in division G (?) with my skaven. Managed to make it out the other end with no cas, so thats all i could hope for really.

The orcs won 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    NTW; back to Div I we have Proxy's defeat showing up as a draw in the table. How many more of these can I spot before you decide I'm breaking them in the first place? :)
    You're just trying to keep me on my toes - unless you are some kind of criminal mastermind making tiny tweaks to the sheet here and there as part of some masterplan!

/edit - fixed
    Last edited by ntw; 13-07-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Rattatatz (skaven, me) 1 - 2 Rejected RPG Stats (nurgle, laneford)

First, there's something you all need to know about lanefords nurgle team, they're utter bastards! (In opposition to their coach who is a gentleman and a scholar)

Going into this I knew this was going to be a hard match, there's enough tackle and mighty blow on lanefords side to really cripple my team, and the beast is a real handful with tentacles, block! and guard, but I had a plan. I got 270 000 gold coins to play with before we started, and opted for a bribe (useless), extra apoth (mandatory!) and a wizard (helpful). The plan was to score early in the first half, and then go for a two-nil attempt after using the wizard in a smart/lucky way, which I reckoned should at least secure me a draw.

Laneford won the toss and elected to kick which suited me fine. I made a hole down the right flank and one of my gutter runners down it to act as a receiver. He got blitzed the next round but managed to stay upright. After a blitz by my storm vermin he was free to run in the TD as soon as he got the ball. My thrower (+1AG, Accurate, Pass) was deep in my own half with the ball, so he had to do a long pass first to my receiver. Scatter pass, unfortunately to avoid disturbing presence influence, I had to position my players right next to the sideline, so the ball went out of bounds. Laneford promptly picked up the ball and got it into a cage. I decided to use my wizard which worked ok, and I got a two dice blitz on the ball and could run it in a turn later or so, not daring to stall. Laneford trundled the ball up more and more unopposed for the 1-1 score in turn 8. The toll after the first half wasn't so bad I think, Rat Ogre BH and I think a lineman or two as well as a couple of KO's.

I started the second half with eleven players on the pitch, but it didn't last long. Laneford soon got the upper hand in manpower, marking most of my players and got a good cage going. About turn three or so I realized my best bet was to stay away from his players and try to save my team (both apoths having been used already). It was easier said than done, while I had pretty ok dodge-dice the whole match, my team was surely whittled down, thankfully mostly BHs. I was so focused on saving a GR from the tentacle beast that I missed a huge mistake by laneford, a rotter missed a GFI and left a corner of the cage open, however I used the blitz to get my GR away from the beast, and didn't notice the open cage until I saw laneford swearing in the talk-box. I tried to mark up the ballcarrier with whatever ratz I could free, but they got pushed away. It was an annoying mistake, but I don't think a successful blitz would have made much difference to the result. Anyway the mistake did make the final turns a little more tense for laneford than they should have been, but in the end he walked in 2-1 in his turn 16.

So, it became the match I feared it would become, I think I got away lightly though. In the end I had 9 rats in the injury box (one KO), 6 with BH. One GR (+1AG, Wrestle, Strip Ball) got -MV (annoying, but not a careerender), and one lineman got a niggling injury. Overall I probably had good dice, had to do lots of one dice and even two against blocks and none of them led to turnovers.

Thanks to laneford for the match.

My Lizards faced off against Chainsawhands' scary scary Pro Elves last night. The amount of stat ups he has is obscene (one elf was 10,4,5,7 if I remeber correctly) and I had some key players missing this game. Thus I got enough inducements for a mercenary Krox, Slibili and also Morg n Thorg. Lining up with 9 st4+ players should go some way to overcoming the masssive skills gap, I thought.

In short - not so much. Only one of them has tackle, and even laying a hand on the bloodgy elves was trickly. I elected to kick at the beginning, but before I even got a touch of the ball I was 2-0 down and hadn't caused a single casualty. Morg then showed what a beast he was, killing a lineelf and running half the length of the pitch with the ball, just shrugging off blitzes. A halftime scoreline of 2-1 was respectable, but both his KO'd catchers recovered at half time, I started rolling quite a few skulls and skinks started breaking. In turn 12 or so, Hands had a fairly safe cage with the ball near my line so I threw Morg in : skipping though the tacklezones like a true elf (I think he passed 4 5+ dodges) he then rolled double skulls on he actual blitx :-(.

The final scoreline was 4-1 to chainsawhands, and it almost was more. He deserved the win (although 5-1 would have been harsh) and although his team was better (raw strength is no match for raw agility and a tonne of skills), frankly he also used his team better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Div D - Cute Harmless Hippies (Chaos, Jarvis) vs Dread Pool (Dark Elf, me)

The outlook of this match was changed utterly at the first kick - which brought rainfall that persisted through the rest of the game.

The Hippies received first, but due to a fumbles pass left the ball only lightly guarded in their own half. I did what I always do in those situations - massively overcommit - and sent a blodging blitzer throught he line to scoop up the ball and separate himself from the beasts, within 7 squares of the end zone. Jarvis responded with a blitz, luckily taking my blodger down with a Pow from a beastman with neither Block nor Tackle. He recovered the ball nicely and began a strong drive down the opposite flank.

I somehow managed to play the balls loose and thanks to a lucky bounce, it landed in the hands of another blitzer. He dashed back upfield but I took a silly risk moving him one GFI to get an assist on another block and free up a 2nd blitzer to cover him... and he fell over. My good luck ran out real fast! This was really, really dumb. Especially as this blitzer of mine, while not a blodger yet, does has Dump Off - so the ball was pretty secure for me anyway.

Jarvis reclaimed the ball and between my overcommital and mounting KOs and casualties including 2/3 of my Guard players and my useless witch elf (7 matches and still only 3 SPP... fantastic work darling), there was little I could do to stop Jarvis from scoring immediately.

Thankfully, being typically Chaosy, he chose to stall instead. This allowed me to bring every elf I could down on his head. With some tricky assists and a few white-knuckle dodge rolls, I blitzed the ball out of his hands and it landed next to the touchline, in the TZ of my AG 5 runner and three of his players, just a scant 4 squares from my end zone.

With only one turn remaining I could see Jarvis simply boxing my runner out of the way and scooping up the ball to complete the drive. So I dodged into 3 TZs and tried for the pickup. The ball scattered off the pitch and was thrown in further upfield, but at the feet of two of Jarvis' beastmen. He could still make it, but now he would have to complete a pass too. He called a blitz that accidentally went through the ball's square and worse, failed to pick it up, and the half ended with nothing on the board.

Half-time score: 0-0

Now it was my turn to receive and while the rain didn't let up, I did net a bonus reroll. I formed a loose cage which moved up the right side of the pitch, countering the Chaos assault by squeezing closer to the sideline. My sidestepping blodging Blitzer popped free and was within his MA of the end zone, but my runner was presented with the option to Quick Pass to him at the end of my turn, or risk doing so as a Dump Off. I decided the pass, while I could use a TRR, was better. Sadly a beastman standing in 2 TZs rolled a natural 6 to disagree and caught the ball as it flew overhead.

In a mirror of what happened to me in the first half happened here, as Jarvis immense good luck was cut short when his ball carrier immediately fumbled the ball after moving to the centrefield for a pass attempt. I leapt on it, blitzing him out the way. I grabbed the ball with one runner to pass to my other runner, who moved to within 3 squares of the end zone... again with only 1-2 opposing players capable of reaching him for a blitz. The blitz came and merely pushed my runner, so the charging beastman dodged to a better position to lock him down... and fell over. The dark elf runner scored with only 3 turns left on the clock.

The next kick came, and a riot brought the game one turn closer to my victory! I settled in for defense and kicked really deep (thank you, Kick skill). Jarvis cleared the LoS and sent three beastmen running through as catchers. Unfortunately his ball skills escaped him and the turnover allowed me to knock down and incapacitate two of the runners. When the ball did arrive to the fight, I was able to knock it out of his hands and park a blitzer next to the ball, alongside another Chaos player. To mount more pressure I brought in a runner to grab the ball and use Dump-Off to screw over Jarvis' last chance at an equaliser... except my runner failed to pick up the ball. Darn.

I realised then my choice had also left Jarvis' third runner unmarked. He would have to remove my blitzer, grab the ball in rain, pass/hand it to the runner and win 2 GFIs in order tto score, all with no TRRs remaining. And he did it!

Full-time score: 1-1

This was a really close match throughout. We both had our share of good and bad luck (and good and bad decisions). Jarvis pulled it out of the elfy bag at the last minute, but we both lost out on scoring opportunities that went badly wrong.

Activated Node
    I guess it was so that my opponent Skydancer hasn't been able to play any day this week and the earliest option for him is on Sunday night. Is it possible to get an extension for the round in div F or how does it work?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Just ask wink, and you shall be accomodated :-). I'll only move people on who haven't posted in here at the deadline. Deadline for week 1 is TODAY, chaps, just so's you know, so I'll probably be defaulting anyone who hasn't posted in here sometime tomorrow...
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    My Lizards faced off against Chainsawhands' scary scary Pro Elves last night. The amount of stat ups he has is obscene (one elf was 10,4,5,7 if I remeber correctly) and I had some key players missing this game. Thus I got enough inducements for a mercenary Krox, Slibili and also Morg n Thorg. Lining up with 9 st4+ players should go some way to overcoming the masssive skills gap, I thought.

In short - not so much. Only one of them has tackle, and even laying a hand on the bloodgy elves was trickly. I elected to kick at the beginning, but before I even got a touch of the ball I was 2-0 down and hadn't caused a single casualty. Morg then showed what a beast he was, killing a lineelf and running half the length of the pitch with the ball, just shrugging off blitzes. A halftime scoreline of 2-1 was respectable, but both his KO'd catchers recovered at half time, I started rolling quite a few skulls and skinks started breaking. In turn 12 or so, Hands had a fairly safe cage with the ball near my line so I threw Morg in : skipping though the tacklezones like a true elf (I think he passed 4 5+ dodges) he then rolled double skulls on he actual blitx :-(.

The final scoreline was 4-1 to chainsawhands, and it almost was more. He deserved the win (although 5-1 would have been harsh) and although his team was better (raw strength is no match for raw agility and a tonne of skills), frankly he also used his team better.
    Yeah, if I'd passed that last GFI it'd have been 5-1. There were a couple of things you could have done differently (there were a few times where the only reason I didn't frenzy a krox/saurus into the crowd was because I could blitz your ballskink instead), and you did roll a fair few skulls, but any match where you're 850TV behind is going to be tough: like you say, it's a massive skill gap. (I blame groovy and all this "tiers" nonsense, we never needed none of that when I were a lad! :-P)

Oh, and thanks to you I no longer have two ST4 elf catchers. I've now got three.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Just ask wink, and you shall be accomodated :-). I'll only move people on who haven't posted in here at the deadline. Deadline for week 1 is TODAY, chaps, just so's you know, so I'll probably be defaulting anyone who hasn't posted in here sometime tomorrow...
    Okay, my and DWZippy's game has been beleaguered by setbacks and I got married over the weekend, we'll try and squeeze in the game today of this weekend but we may require some extension. If we get cyanided again we'll likely just take the default.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Oh, and thanks to you I no longer have two ST4 elf catchers. I've now got three.
    One of them is st5?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    One of them is st5?
    No, no: three of them are ST4, including the ST4 AG5 MV10 one. The other catcher's AG5 but only AV6...

I think the statmonster's only about 60SPP away from levelling again; I'm hoping for another +ST. ;-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Your elves are ridiculous, I'm hoping my complete lack of injuries against Hugh's elves was nuffle saving it up for playing your pro elves ;-).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

It's just the catchers that are ridiculous!

Well, there's that one AG5 blitzer too, but other than that they're all perfectly normal. That's only 8 stat-ups over 5 players, surely everyone has that?

1 stat up over 17 players says no :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    ...and I got married over the weekend...
    You thought you'd slip that one past, didn't you Helio? Congratulations, you old dog!

I'm trying to think of a filthy wedding night pun relating to gang fouls, but I can't. Can anyone assist?

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    1 stat up over 17 players says no :(
    At least I don't have more than the maximum possible 16 players on my team! :-P

I'm including the 3 dead-dead (As opposed to just dead, like the entire team) who also failed to get stat ups in their careers.

Congratumulations on your nuptials too!

Oh, if I included all my dead or sacked-due-to-injury players it'd be 8 stat-ups over like 30 players, I've sacrificed lots of non-stat-up elfs to Nuffle over the many many seasons it's taken to get to this point.

Oh, and congratulations Helio!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    My game with MadDave is a sweet 2-0 default in my favour as Dave chose to gallivant around Europe rather than smash my mans at Blood Bowl.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    My game with MadDave is a sweet 2-0 default in my favour as Dave chose to gallivant around Europe rather than smash my mans at Blood Bowl.
    Bah, I was hoping you'd at least injure something on his squad before I had to face them :(