View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 306 of 415 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I got married over the weekend
    Wait, what? Congratulations dear boy!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I'm trying to think of a filthy wedding night pun relating to gang fouls, but I can't.
    Don't know about puns but quite frankly if you're gang-fouling on your wedding night, you're doing it wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, an 8 man foul is more of a hen night thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Yeah, an 8 man foul is more of a hen night thing.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Gratz Helio :)

my match against Alini ended up a 2-2 draw. His tackle, guard and block skills scattered across (what felt like) his entire team had me worried from the start. It turned out my worrying was for nothing - I should've worried about the dice instead. In a match where the rain never stopped falling, neither did the rats. It seemed that everything I tried failed - apart from a fairly lucky first score in response to Alini's standard dwarf rolling cage opening score. At this point my Rat Ogre decided it was nap time and slept through the rest of the game.
    My second score was ridiculous. My one remaining GutterRunner (as opposed to my 3 ManRunners) managed to 2D against blitz the ballcarrier from a slightly messy (but packed with dwarves) cage, then dodge through the cage to pickup the ball and run a short distance away with only a thrower for pathetic support. Alini was unable to knock my GR down but threw a load of beards around him, naturally he made the few dodges to score a cheeky TD. At this point, being 2-1 up with only a few turns remaining, I was suddenly feeling optimistic. Moreso when Alini's SH runner failed to pickup the ball and I got a ManRunner and GutterRunner far enough (2 GFI's - each) to put 2 TZs on the ball. Alini managed to free the Runner and grab the ball but was unable to get to safety. I had a choice of going for a 2D blitz (unskilled IIRC) or a 1D Blitz with Wrestle, I mistakenly believed I still had a TRR so I went for the 1D and failed. Alini managed to string together a fairly lucky string of rolls to dodge away, GFI, Pass and Catch to equalise the score at 2-2 in the dying seconds.
    I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't go for the 2D, but it probably wouldn't have made any difference at the end of the day. My ridiculous luck in scoring my second TD was somewhat balanced by Alini's equalising score and the dicerolls throughout the rest of the match (IMHO!) - prime exampe being a pitch invasion which knocked over 3 of his players, while leaving only 4 of mine still standing...
    Overall I'm pretty pleased with a 2-2 draw, just the 2 Necro teams to go now - doddle!
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Okay, my and DWZippy's game has been beleaguered by setbacks and I got married over the weekend, we'll try and squeeze in the game today of this weekend but we may require some extension. If we get cyanided again we'll likely just take the default.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUU- *White noise*

I need to speak to the DoD ethics community, we don't deserve a 1 - 1 default, we have genuinely made time and effort to play this game, we've had 2 crash outs. and weirdly, no cas over all 3 games (roughly 12 turns each). Is there anything that can be done?

I was 1-0 this time with a guy 1 turn from the end zone. Rarrrgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    I was 1-0 this time with a guy 1 turn from the end zone. Rarrrgh.
    I only need a 3+Reroll dodge to surf him.
    :P

Yeah, but I guess we throw in the towel, 1 - 1 just doesn't match our effort and part matches.

We could give you an extension to try playing again...

Is it one of you in particular who's crashing, or what?

We could give you an extension to try playing again...

Is it one of you in particular who's crashing, or what?
    We had 1 freak disconnect first, but the second 2 crash to desktops have been DW, he's not seen anything like this before.

Right then: DWZippy, where do you live? We shall enlist the nearest other DoD player and you can use their PC to play the match!

Right then: DWZippy, where do you live? We shall enlist the nearest other DoD player and you can use their PC to play the match!

DWZippy: Yes, Chainsawhands is giving me a lift now.

Oh, and thanks to you I no longer have two ST4 elf catchers. I've now got three.
    As the other Pro Elf player in the DoD I look at ChainsawHands' team as an inspiration for my own. Unfortunately I haven't had a single stat up yet despite rolling doubles for each catcher. That means they all have guard but still don't have block or dodge. Soon boys... soon.

P.S. Congrats Heliocentric!

BTW, thankyou for your congratulations, if I responded every time someone said it the spam would block out the sun :)

Not sure if Cacamas has mentioned this already, but could we get an extension to play our Group G match on Sunday afternoon please? That's the next time we're both available.

Sorry!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Bah, I was hoping you'd at least injure something on his squad before I had to face them :(
    As the proud owner of two rookie catchers it's more likely that injuring would happen to me rather than him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    As the other Pro Elf player in the DoD I look at ChainsawHands' team as an inspiration for my own. Unfortunately I haven't had a single stat up yet despite rolling doubles for each catcher. That means they all have guard but still don't have block or dodge. Soon boys... soon.

P.S. Congrats Heliocentric!
    So i'm going to be facing a wall of guard soon? Need to get myself a DP.....

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Would it be possible to move on Div A nice and promptly, seeing as Saturday morning is probably the ideal time for playing JayTee?

Banned
    Congrats Helio ^_^

Thanks for the 99% accurat write up ntw! [his her] It certainly felt like at any moment scrabbling ratty claws would snatch the ball from me and leg it across the finish line.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    So i'm going to be facing a wall of guard soon? Need to get myself a DP.....
    Seeing how his last experiment went, i doubt that