View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 307 of 415 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 8290
    Activated Node
    Its fine that I'm in a div with teams way up tv levels compared to mine but its not fine that they get to play with 12 players on the pitch as happend with Skydancer earlier tonight. :)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by wink5000 View Post
    Its fine that I'm in a div with teams way up tv levels compared to mine but its not fine that they get to play with 12 players on the pitch as happend with Skydancer earlier tonight. :)
    You know how they got to be at that high tv level? By cheating like that, that's how.

I don't think Cyanide should ever fix that bug. Instead they should add some kind of die roll to see if the referee can count and then give the faulting team some sort of penalty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    If you ever get 12? just march 1 of your choice to the corner and leave him there, anything else is shitty.

In theory Ogre teams (or rather any team with titchy players) would normally be allowed to field half a D6 (rounded down) players extra (which must be titchy). Also snots only count for half a player in the player cap. So, a team of 32 snots would be perfectly valid, but no more than 14 on the pitch at any time.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    In theory Ogre teams (or rather any team with titchy players) would normally be allowed to field half a D6 (rounded down) players extra (which must be titchy). Also snots only count for half a player in the player cap. So, a team of 32 snots would be perfectly valid, but no more than 14 on the pitch at any time.
    Don't tell Snoozer that. His challenge league ogres are monsters just as they are...

Obscure Node
    Hello, I'd like to join next season with a Human team, signed up in the spreadsheet as well.

Greetz

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Patser View Post
    Hello, I'd like to join next season with a Human team, signed up in the spreadsheet as well.

Greetz
    Hi!

We started the new season a week ago, so next one will be in August

p.s.: perhaps with the steam sale we can make a small newcomers league?

Well, the whole spreadsheeting (hehe I said sheeting) and administrative work is... well a lot of work. If anyone wants to get into the game I would rather recommend playing in our pretty active Challenge League until the end of the current season. Nothing wrong with finding out which playstyle fits best and which team feels right for you.
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Just an fyi, Blood Bowl Legendary Edition is 75% off on Steam for the next 6 hours.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Have the Divs been moved on to week two? I don't seem to have my victory over cyberpunkdreams listed in BBLE.

Dont think its done yet - normally gets done the evening after the deadline

Activated Node
    Can L be moved forward soonish? Its going to be a bugger to organise my next match if we dont get it done later today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Admins: can you roll Div K please? All remaining games are trans-Atlantic clashes so we could do with having every available weekend option :)
    Any gentleadmin around, by any chance? We'd be able to play our match with x_kot in div K, and since we're transatlantic, I don't know if we'll get that many more chances to do it.

Thank you admins, if you could roll us over.

Network Hub
    The Tuftybushe Fruitcakes (Hal, Kapouille) 1 - 1 The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot)

It was a slow affair punctuated by sudden flashes of movement. The first half saw the teams trade blows, each sending a stunty member off the pitch with an injury. The Fruitcakes capitalized on an empty backfield with a successful TTM TD in the first quarter of play. The Knucklers attempted to equalize, but they were stopped by a combination of abnormally mobile treemen, spry halfling dodging, and a turn that saw the entire ogre squad lose all sense of space and time (four failed boneheads and a triple-skull block). Things looked bleak indeed after Dagg Facebeater injured himself after colliding with the spectators seated in Section 2D. Could the ogres find the key to pulling even?

Yes, and the key was a thorough application of fist to belly. Three halfings went down to KOs and stuns in the first two turns of the second half. Snotlings ran the ball up the right flank, and after a failed sacking attempt, they reversed to the left flank with a successful hand-off. Things looked grim for the Fruitcakes as more players left the field unconscious. A valiant lone halfling tried to fight off the swarm of khaki coming at it but to no avail.

It was long game, but Kapouille was a great opponent. We fought through some Cyanidey goodness, which did not affect the amazing master chef rolls at all. Thanks for rolling the calendar for us so quickly, GC!

groovy says all divisions without extensions have been moved on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Heads up I will be entering a new High Elf team into the DoD, I think I have done all the spreadsheet stuff correctly, there seems to be too many skaven teams unless someone is dropping out by the way, also I need inspiration for the new team name/players

Someone seems to have disappeared from division B >_>

The Beasts of Bembridge (Nurgle - Janek) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khemri - me)

0 - 1

ARRRRGGGG! SNOW PITCH! DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Ahem. The Comics give away 120k in inducements which the Beasts spend on 2 Babes. In what seems like the first time in months, the Comics win the toss and elect to receive. A Quick snap on the kickoff allows them to shuffle a few players around and attempt a highly optimistic catch with a Thro-Ra, who naturally fluffs it and the ball lands at his feet. The Comics form a cage and begin their push, though idiocy leaves a TG badly exposed on the left flank and the Beasts capitalise on this crowdsurfing the hapless TG off though with no injury. Compounding the idiocy, the Comics mis-mark a player allowing a Nurgle Warrior to avoid a next-turn crowd-surf and start the first of many stuns.

The next few turns see the cage slowly shuffle forwards, a Nurgle Warrior is brought down with a blitz to a regen-ed Badly Hurt to even the numbers up. The Comics split open the cage and shamble into the opponent's half (In hindsight I misplaced a key Blitz-Ra here giving the Beasts a free hit) and promptly KO a Nurgle Warrior. The Beasts respond with a Blitz on the carrier and the ball flies off-field and is eventually placed in their half. The Comics scramble to respond to this and a Thro-Ra successfully dodges through, but fails the GFI and the Turnover leaves the Beasts in clear control of the ball. Another round of blocking KOs a rotter but a BD puts an early end to the turn, and the Beasts seem almost clear but another BD from a 'gor causes an early Turnover.

The Comics only have one shot to stop the score and a Skeleton is tasked with Dodging free, succeeding 2 GFIs and managing a successful 1D Blitz. He somehow manages all this and stumbles the carrier, popping the ball free. The Beasts respond by knocking over the plucky Skeleton and recover the ball, but a failed dodge gives the Comics room to manoeuvre and a successful Blitz on the carrier sees the ball knocked off pitch and after 3 attempts at a throw-in, lands close to the halfway line but completely out of reach of the endzone for either team and the first half ends with nothing on the board.

The second half starts much like the first, with a Quick Snap this time giving the Beasts some space to manoeuvre but with a failkick managing to land on the Comics' half the Beasts get a valuable touchback. The Beasts recover their two KOed players and the regen-ed Warrior, and the Comics get the idiot TG who got himself crowdsurfed so both teams are at full strength. At this point a quick count of heads reveals the Beasts have left a 'gor on the bench, a rogue Rotter has made his way onto the field. D'oh.

Nevertheless, the Beasts cage up and start with a brutal round of blocking putting 3 Khemri down stunned, and the Comics respond with a defensive placement choosing to avoid contact for the moment. The Beasts move their cage forward, handing out another stun to a TG thanks to their namesake Beast and knock over a few more Khemri. Responding in kind the Comics Blitz down a Warrior a a regened MNG and get a TG in contact with the carrier, and the Beasts attempt a hand-off to a Two Heads 'gor but he fluffs it despite a re-roll and the ball ends up open.

The Beasts are first to capitalise on this recovering the ball with a 'gor, but he's swiftly brought down by a lucky 1D Blitz but another BD ends the Comic's response early but helpfully KOs a Warrior. Eventually after a lot of shoving a Rotter goes down KOed, but the ball is knocked off-field and the throw-in puts it in spitting distance of the Comic's endzone giving the Beasts an opportunity. The Comics Dodge a Thro-Ra free, collect the ball and optimistically toss it upfield to a Tomb Guardian who unsurprisingly fails the catch (Rolled a 6 for the pass, but a 1 for the catch. Damnit!) but the ball is clear of the endzone and well marked by Khemri.

Well marked doesn't mean much when a Blitzing 'gor KOs a Tomb Guardian, but a failed 3+ Dodge gives the Comics an opening. The response is short and to the point, stunning a 'gor and after a battle that has lasted virtually the entire match a TG finds a weakspot and kills the Beast who fails his regen roll. Ouch. Out of re-rolls now the Beasts roll up a skull on their 1D Blitz and the Comics run, as much as Khemri can run, the ball down their left flank to an almost untouchable position. A failed Dodge from a Rotter ends the match as the Comics run the ball in.

Really fun match. Janek tied up me really well in the first half and some silly mistakes on positioning gave him enough openings, combined with damned Horns, to get the carrier down. I was very lucky to Blitz down his carrier in the first half, that Skeleton despite being one of my LoS Wrestle/Fend chaps Dodged, GFIed, and brought the carrier down and stopped that TD. Second half was luck on both sides, Janek seemed to consistently hand out Stuns but I slowly won the bashing match thanks to some useful Cas on the Warriors which gave me the ST upperhand I needed. Bit messy with the ball changing hands almost 4 turns in a row, but some good luck on my part gave me some useful KOs and stuns and Janek failing a 1D Blitz to a skull handed me the TD.

I feel kinda bad about killing a level 3 Beast :(

SPP-wise I managed to get my first level 5 player, my Block/Dodge/Fend Thro-Ra and MVP landed on a Skeleton who was benched the entire match so will likely form my Kicker unless he rolls something interesting.

Final match of the season is against another Khemri side, so that will be very interesting. I think I'll be giving a lot away in inducements however as I'll be at 1880 TV once the two players level up. Ugh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Division Champs

Red Skull Reavers (Pres Weasel, Chaos) 1 - 2 Monopole Magnates (Jiim, damnable Lizardmen)

This was always going to be a tricky match for the Reavers, who are still a work in progress and would be going up against the fully-, and some would say over-, developed Lizard team that's been dominating the league for the last couple of seasons.
    It also didn't help that the exact player I needed in order to stop the skinks, a +1 move wrestle strip baller, was malingering in the infirmary after getting punched a little too hard last game.
    The TV difference was exactly 10 too small to allow me to hire Morg n Thorg, so I hired Gashnak Blackhoof, Minotaur Star Player, and a spare apoc.
    Grashnak can't block. This fact became important, as he rolled an extraordinary number of both down results in the match, eating through my rerolls and not achieving very much.

There was a point in the first half with Jiim one up, where I had the ball and needed just to blitz a skink away and then run to the line. Reader, I forgot to blitz. I shoved the skink, and then was left stupidly looking at a beastman whose turn was over, thinking "why don't I have any moves? Oh god, I am an idiot"
    Since the skink had sidestep and I hadn't taken him down I would have still been rolling a dodge with a +1 agi and dodge player against a skink with diving tackle. Decent odds though - much better than next turn, when he ran up a skink that had both diving tackle and a saurus with 'just tackle' tackle - leaving me looking at the same horrible dodge roll but without a reroll this time.
    I was forced to try it anyway, and it failed, and with depressing inevitability Jiim got the ball and skinked it away down the pitch and went 2-0 up, and the game was basically over.

My notes from the second half just read "snowy chaos. Consolation touchdown at the end".

I put 5 or 6 of Jiim's mans in hospital, but didn't end the career of a single one - I really feel he should have been punished more for putting skinks next to mighty blow beastmen on purpose.

The respectable scoreline was a moral victory for the underdog Reavers - but an actual victory for Jiiiim.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 15-07-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Heads up I will be entering a new High Elf team into the DoD, I think I have done all the spreadsheet stuff correctly, there seems to be too many skaven teams unless someone is dropping out by the way, also I need inspiration for the new team name/players
    I don't think you should edit out your team's current division until after the season.

This is one sexy sight skillups.jpg

I also managed an astonishing 4/6 doubles!!