View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 309 of 415 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I havent really played many bashy teams with my skaven, so i wasnt sure how to deal with it. My skavens armour held together pretty well and i managed to atleast contest the ball/hinder the cage most turns so i was happy with a 2-1. Next time i'll grab a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    Returning by popular demand
    *demand may be fictional
    Superb! Would you write a poem if I sent you my last replay file? :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    On the (slightly off topic) subject of poetry, this http://tim-pratt.livejournal.com/106839.html was used as a reading at a wedding that I attended at the weekend.

To give you an idea of the content, the wedding ceremony was dedicated to the Higgs Boson. I liked it. YMMV.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    On the (slightly off topic) subject of poetry, this http://tim-pratt.livejournal.com/106839.html was used as a reading at a wedding that I attended at the weekend.

To give you an idea of the content, the wedding ceremony was dedicated to the Higgs Boson. I liked it. YMMV.
    That's really nice... and for nerds only!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    Superb! Would you write a poem if I sent you my last replay file? :)
    That is incredibly flattering, but I just don't have the time right now. I almost considered dropping out of this season, but I ultimately decided that it is worth making time for since I do enjoy it a lot.

The biggest barrier right now is that I'm the designated writer/recapper for my tabletop roleplay group, and I'm 5 sessions behind on that already, so any creative writing time needs to get spent on that. Once I finally clear that backlog and catch up, then I'd be glad to contact you if that's still something you want.

I still want your words on our last game!
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Awesome.

++
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hi

The spreadsheet for Division J shows me playing DWStalker next, whereas the BBLE in-game calendar shows me up against Helio. Could the former be changed? Ta

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Hi

The spreadsheet for Division J shows me playing DWStalker next, whereas the BBLE in-game calendar shows me up against Helio. Could the former be changed? Ta
    Do your weeks out of order - make sure the other three people in your Division are aware of the situation and can plan for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Helio and I played. He won 2-0. The game started with my only block player (chaos warrior) being badly hurt by a thrown rock on the kick off. I had 6 players on the pitch after 2 of Helio's turns, not including my minotaur who KOd himself on a double both down on his second block.

I had 5 failed KO recoveries and 0 successess after the first half.

The MVP went to my niggled beastman who I was about to cut. It levelled.

It has not been a good evening. I'm going for a bit of a cry now.

My match vs Everblue is done, admin SPP polishing is requested..

EverBlue's Doomdark's Revenge - Heliocentric's Int'he Night Guardians
    This match was a true display that my efforts to praise the word of nuffle have been rewarded. EverBlues dice could do no right, mine no wrong. The game started with his key player (a chaos warrior with block... the only piece of block on his team) getting a rock to the head in the opening drive and being injured(BH), I then surrounded his players with increasing sucsess, leaving 6 on the pitch in the first drive.
    Neckbrekah and my 2 Wights really worked hard to keep the numbers down. Walking in a wolfy touchdown on turn 8 (I held off because so many were KO'd on his team and only a BH on my flesh golem) as I was the kicker my touchdown ended the half and at the start of turn 9 not even a single chaos player (out of 5 KO) woke up.

It was 11(+1 spare) on 6, he clumped up in the middle and I pressed hard against the LOS and wrapped up his team like duct tape while the wolves ran in a quick handoff and a TD, this proved to be a mistake of sorts as the third drive was the most dangerous for me, all but 1 KO'd chaosmen woke up, Some scuffling happened, a few more KO's and a foul ejection on one of my zombies, the chaos collected the ball and ran it down one side, but then the zombies caught up with them and the last few turns were mired with ineffective blocks and a mino who refused to guy up failing 2 blitz wild animal checks.

The game ended as cruelly as it started with a beastman tripping on a gfi (to foul my wolves?) and stunning himself.

EverBlue's Doomdark's Revenge 0 - 2 Heliocentric's Int'he Night Guardians

A zombie who was given the "default" touchdown last match won MVP leveling him up, and the wolf who ran in both TD's Leveled up, I'll probably get kick and Block respectively unless something else turns up on the dice.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 17-07-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, I was going to try a T16 foul on your wolf. I failed a GFI. That is all.

@Ever: That is your punishment for getting a mino :p

@Helio: Note that with full positionals you can't use a kick zombie unless you put a positional player on the LoS. I'd only recommend getting kick if you're really into it.

Personally I think kick is most useful on elf teams that score a lot and a bit of a waste on slower grindy teams. Necros are somewhere in the middle so it's kind of up to personal preference. I think it's better to have 3 zombies on the LoS and leave all the positionals free/protected but YMMV.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    @Helio: Note that with full positionals you can't use a kick zombie unless you put a positional player on the LoS. I'd only recommend getting kick if you're really into it.
    I'm on a ghoul ban.

I find kicking ultra short can really screw with some receiving builds who stick the sure hands in the back, and vs fellow corpses the skill is pivotal.

Zombie rolled a reg, I guess its gotta be kick for me, WW rolled double... can I resist mighty blow?
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 18-07-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Hi

Dammit - we always miss one :(

/edit - Thx PW for the prompt advice to Everblue
    Last edited by ntw; 18-07-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @Weasel/ntw - Thank you both. As you can see I managed to play the game (happy happy joy joy).

I also spoke with Darkwingstalker last night to tell him to contact Xenny.

Cyberpunkdreams - can you please pass the message to Xenny that she needs to get in touch with Darkwingstalker instead of Helio?

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Personally I think kick is most useful on elf teams that score a lot and a bit of a waste on slower grindy teams. Necros are somewhere in the middle so it's kind of up to personal preference. I think it's better to have 3 zombies on the LoS and leave all the positionals free/protected but YMMV.
    Kick on my Skeleton is a bit of an experiment, I'll happily drop him and pick up a replacement if I'm finding it a bit naff. The main reason I'm taking it however is that it gives me a bit more flexibility in ball placement especially against agile teams. The teams I utterly failed against previously were agile teams that could keep the ball up at their end of the pitch, and sneak through a player or two to complete the pass + run TD as I hadn't got the speed to chase down both the thrower with the ball and the receivers. Kick should allow me to keep the ball closer to the LoS to keep the thrower pressured.

That said I'm a bit odd in that I run 2 LoS Skeletons and a Tomb Guardian on the LoS so I've got at least one Skeleton hanging around away from the LoS who can run Kick.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I think Kick is useful for everyone.

If you are a slow grindy team you can use it to kick very short and lure your opponent's softer, most precious pieces into the grinder.

Or, as Nurgle, you can be an asbolute bastard about it and kick the ball to land within your Disturbing Presence 'cloud'.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I played boots last night in our day 2 divisions 2 clash. My humans versus his lizards. Boots was giving up 300TV so grabbed slibli (who is a very, very good ma7, str 4, block, guard, grab, stand firm.. I'd not seen him before) and a babe.

I win the roll and opt to receive, hoping to get a quick score in and get some points on my catchers. The ball goes very deep, I move a couple of blitzers back to cover the ball, run a blitzer+ a catcher up both wings, blitzing a skink and scoring a badly hurt immediately. A nice start! Bullseye (my thrower) picks up the ball and the line bashes the lizards back (a bit). Boots drops players back to tie up my 2 catchers and blitzers in his half, bashes a bit but its largely a stalemate. I move Bullseye up, as half the sauruses are back from the line, and tie up the rest, using Zod (my str 5 monster blitzer) to give me a solid cage. Couple of turns of hitting and dodging catchers away, I decide the ball is looking a little bit risky where it is, so a catcher dodges away into the endzone, bullseye runs into Boots' half and throws a perfect pass to score the touchdown, turn 5.

Boots receives (I kick short - I do like having kick) and makes the pickup. I've held 2 tackle mighty blow blitzers deep to prevent any mad skink dashes down the pitch early on, so boots leans on my left flanks with his krox, making some ground. The skink collects the ball. There's no easy way through for either team. Boots gets his ma9 skink into range, i see it coming and mark him up to at least force some dodges and goforits if it comes to it. And it does, the skink runs across, hands off, other skink makes several dodges, gets to the line, fails the first goforit (reroll...success!) and then trips over on the line with the second goforit. Nuffle's will be done - it's the classic fail a GFI to score. I mark up the ball with 2 players, but don't go for the pick as it's right on the line. Boots fails the pickup with his skink not even making the dodge onto the ball. I bash a bit, but at half time, there's still just the one injured skink, another KO'd skink recovers and slibli gets up from a nap. Boots is back on 11 players to receive, and I'm concerned about how to shut him out. Kicking short, I roll the 6 for distance and the ball bounces back into my half. A blackle saurus gets the touchback. I put players in the way to hold up any advance and try to get through to the saurus, hwilst tkaing out the skinks (who are the real scoring threat still). 1 turn later, my line weakens on the right when I get a skull result on a one dice block and boots charges down the right, and forms up a (very) loose cage. Boots ends his turn by Ko'ing a skink trying to dodge away (good old tackle working for me today). This gives me an opportunity. A selection of blocks and moves gains me a 2 dice block on the ball carrier on one corner (after my dodging blitzer escapes the clutches of the kroxigor - my luck with dodges was all with me today). I attack and get a trip, spilling the ball into a mix of lizards and humans, right on the sideline.

Some good blocks by boots in return clears the ball, although I've at least got a column of 2 players in front of the only channel to the TD-line. The skink moves in to pick up but fails, spilling the ball off the pitch and causing it to get thrown back in in the centre of my half, surrounded by marked up but threatening saruses as my team desperately tries to pin them in place. I start by hitting a skink with zod, which almost goes badly wrong immediately, burning my reroll to prevent a skull result. My next move is to pick up the ball, which is successful, fortunately. I try to get out of there as far as I can with the blodge blitzer who grabbed it, but there are several sauruses in range. That's ok, I'll just bash a couple down. Skulls. Oh - maybe I won't. My blitzer gets surrounded by lizards next turn, 2 sauruses and the final upright skink. Luckily it cost boots a blitz to get them there, so I've still got the ball, but I'm lacking in assistance. I get one player in to remove the tackle zones of the 2 sauruses, try to blitz the skink to escape. I only get a push and then have to dodge for my freedom. Which succeeds (again) and I dash up the left wing towards the half way line. I'm still within blitzing distance of the krox and another saurus, but both are tied up right now. I try to push back the saurus tide, but to little avail. Boots gets his sauruses free and makes the knockdown, spilling the ball and getting his remaining upright skink back to pick it up. Its the ma9 skink, and he's in range of the TD line...

My turn, there's only one saurus protecting the skink, but all my blitzers would have to fly through tackle zones to make the hit. I move others across as much as I can but boots still only needs one GFI next turn to score. Nuffle wouldn't be cruel enough to deny 2 TDs on a failed GFI, so I need to do something. Time for the outlandish plans. The only blitzing player in range is... my ogre. Break tackle, make one GFI and then a second to make the hit. I get push or both down. I take the both down, fortunately KO'ing the skink. The game is all but won now, 2 turns of me attempting to get the ball out of there (eventually getting thrown in to boots' half), getting tangled in a cage and then leaving my blitzer one square short to attempt an (undeserved) final TD. Final score, 1-0 to the 4 colour villains.

So, it was a good close game, where the dice definitely went better for me than boots. Most of my dodges, pickups, passes and catches worked whereas boots had much poorer luck, especially with pickups. I targeted his skinks nicely, although they proved fairly resilient, i did enough to tie them up for the most part. I was at a strength disadvantage, obviously, and was lucky boots doesn't have much guard or any mighty blow in his team otherwise my 'marking all the sauruses' strategy may have backfired. The block on both teams largely cancelled out any advantages we had, leaving a lot of players standing (my 2 wrestle linemen were handy). As it is, I survived to play another day. Given the opportunities he had, I might have conceded if boots had attacked with a skink in the second half, my team is fairly set up for taking down a str 4 ball carrier so the touchback possibly helped get the ball back for me (possibly?).

On to the mighty chainsawhands' elves for the final fight of the season, and back to trying to stop elves from scoring with impunity (which will still be hard as I've gained no new skills this season - I may resort to Helio-style fouling to even up the teams :-D).
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 18-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Div I

Odin's Longboatsmen 0 - 3 Machiavellian Mutilation

A well-played game from Corkir compounded by some horrific play from my end as well as injury dice that broke the armour countless times and never produced anything other than a stunned result.

I will drink my ale and pretend this game never happened.