View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 310 of 415 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,200 of 8290
    Yay, another lost match for the orcs. 3-2 for the 460TV lower Skaven. Good match Zeno.

Can someone validate please?
    Forum janitor in training.

Obscure Node
    Hello, can I join a league please?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Yes! Make sure you fill out the appropriate details in the spreedsheet on the first page then keep an eye on here for further orders when the next season starts, which should be in like a week, welcome!

Well, after encouraging Lovely Wife to join the divs it was only a matter of time before it happened - my second game this season was a spouse-off against Alini. Unfortunately she had picked dorfs, proving that my mother had been right about her all along...

Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. Brewery Management (Alini, Dwarf)

Brewery Management won the toss and elected to receive. The plan was to kick deep (I wouldn't be without Kick, I usually field one less Ghoul on defence) then sprint the wolves down the sides to pressure the carrier while the rest of the team tied up other dorfs. Hopefully I could force a spill and a quick score, getting the deathroller off the pitch before it had a chance to break too many of my players. Surprisingly enough, it worked. The dorfs pushed forward while one of the runners grabbed the ball and made for his comrades. Some aggressive counter blocking opened a route for a wolf to get through and harass the carrier, and the general slowness and poor agility of the dorfs conspired to make escape difficult. The ball was grabbed by a wolf on turn 3 who pegged it towards the end zone, only to be brought down on a 7 square blitz from the +MV deathroller. The ball was left on the ground, and a risky block/blitz/pick-up-in-tackle-zone came off without a hitch - 1-0 to Tooth and Claw.

The kick off result was a riot, giving the dorfs four turns to equalise. I kicked deep again but couldn't get much pressure through. A cage on the sidelines proved too tough to crack open, and in the space of a couple of turns a wight, wolf and zombie were KO'd off the pitch. Precision aggression from the dorfs smashed a hole in what was left of the Necro screen and a couple of dodges (made safer by the TRRs in hand) allowed them to move the cage to the middle of the field on turn 7. When my last TRR turned a one dice desperation blitz on the carrier to a skull there was nothing but an easy amble between the dorfs and the equaliser. A hugely unlikely one turn TD was foiled by a perfect defence result, leaving it 1-1 at half time.

Fortunately the wolf and wight made the KO recovery rolls, leaving the Necros at full strength for the second half. A slightly weighted setup came good when the ball scattered deep on that side of the pitch: while the ghouls covered the ball a screen was built on the left, while zombies and a golem were thrown at anything that moved on the right. While the Necro blocks hardly ever broke armour most resulted in dorfs eating dirt. With the team spending most their lying on their backs there was little the dorfs could do to stop the attack. Things took an ugly turn when a wolf failed a re-rolled dodge into space and picked up a MNG (only casualty on either side all match), but other than that everything went well enough that I could afford to stall for a turn before running it in with the remaining wolf on turn 13.

4 turns to score was more than possible for the dorfs, as they had proved in the first half. With the lead under my belt I set up conservatively, concentrating the team in the middle of the pitch. A deep kick went high but unfortunately for the dorfs a hand off to the runner near the scrimmage was spilled despite a re-roll, leaving them badly out of position. The Necro's took the chance to pounce, leaving the ghouls and a wight in the backfield while the rest of the team piled into the scrum. Denied the space they needed to advance the dorfs were forced into a series of increasingly desperate dodges, most of which came off until turn 15 when the carrier tripped over a golem and spilled the ball just behind the scrimmage. An attempt to steal a third TD nearly came off but unfortunately the Ag4 ghoul flubbed the quick pass (despite a re-roll) due to it being very sunny. With no players in position to score there was nothing left for the dorfs to do except throw a few half-hearted punches (nothing but pushes), leaving it 2-1 to Claw at full time.

A good match for me, going toe to toe with dorfs is always a risk but generally speaking I got the knock downs where I needed them even if the dorfs themselves were indestructible. Getting a MNG on a wolf is going to hurt against NTW's Skaven, doubly so as the failed third TD would've been enough to level up the other wolf and get tackle, but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

Banned
    Well, ntw, I did my bit! I stood there most stoically while a wolf dodged away and injured itself, hence it's missing your game. What lovely injuries have you inflicted on Kajo?

Yeah, Skaven vs Necro...we've not played it yet, but have no fear that my mighty rats will overturn all expectations and leave a field of cripples and rookies for you to face...maybe.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Any lasting injuries on the bloody Elves?
    @squirrelfanatic: IIRC Prester John suffered 2 BH and 1 smashed hip. Which we both thought was -MA? He said he would probably be retiring that one (and it was a +AG elf too, an AG5 catcher).

@Heliocentric: You saw my Necros, I like having a kick zombie. I find that I need the extra flexibility to keep from getting rings run around me by elves. And I like Mighty Blow on werewolves (though I like having them both Blodging even more. I'd still take MB on a double though).
    Last edited by somanyrobots; 19-07-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Activated Node
    Zenohero's Crunchy Skaven Vs. Squirrelfanatic's Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git

As we lined up to begin play, a little cyanide magic started as I found myself missing my regular Gutter Runner. I had to get an extra one with the petty cash I had due to Joose giving my other GR a nice, long stay in the Skaven hospital, but the one I had just magically dissipated, until I had lined up my guys and started play, when he magically reappeared on the sideline.

I won the toss and elected to receive, hoping to get a quick score in hopes of getting a quick lead and put squirrel on the back foot. The kick landed on the left side of my half, leaving me with only being able to mark the ball. His lineup was centralized and that let me walk my only Gutter Runner all the way down field on the right side in hopes of getting him free for a quick TD in a turn or two. I also planned to make use of my storm vermin and lead him down the left side, hoping to split the defense in terms of who they could block and mark.

As the LOS was torn apart pulling my lineman off the ground to keep the black orcs and the trolls from waltzing and knocking over my thrower, a small opening appears as the orcs he had sent over to tie up my Storm Vermin and the extra lineman who weren't needed to keep the black orcs away was knocked down, leaving my Stormvermin without a tackle zone on him.

Coming into turn 3, I had my only Gutter Runner luckily remain standing and was waiting in the middle of the endzone with a TZ on him. The play i needed to make hit me as I moved my Gutter Runner to the far left side of the field after nearly having him be knocked over. I then made a quick hand off to my Storm vermin who showed a little flalir in making a 4+ pass to my Gutter Runner in the endzone for a quick 1-0 lead for the Skaven on turn 3.

As Squirrel began his drive I pulled back my Gutter runners in fear of seeing them immediately get hit, but without any way to put some reliable pressure on with their movement, Squirrel quickly formed a cage and did what orcs do best; beat the ever living snot out of whatever moves close to the cage. Despite my stalling and desperate plays, Squirrel's cage held steady and he walked it in on turn 8 for the equalizer without the ball carrier ever being in much trouble.

Half time Score: 1-1

As I lined up to kick off, I realized I was in major trouble. I had only had blocks and dodge as my positional skills, nothing that will work for cage busting. with the game feeling like it was slipping away, the only possible play would be a quick blitz with my 2 Gutter Runners in hopes of knocking the ball lose and stopping him from forming the cage. I kicked the ball around mid way into his half and he quickly retrieved the ball, but the position he left his ball carrier in meant, that with a few dodges, I'd could be looking at a 1d dice blitz. it was risky, but I was lucky and came up with a defender stumbles, knocking the ball free. I then yanked my free Storm vermin around the side and with a reroll, picked up the ball and put him around the two Gutter runners. He tried to blitz my Stormvermin, but the most effective dice he rolled was a pushed, but he did surround my Stormvermin leaving only one Gutter Runner in contact. I had to make a -2 handoff roll, but my Gutter Runner grabbed the ball and after a quick dodge ran in the TD on turn 10 2-1 for the Crunchy Skaven

Lining up to kick again, I decided the same play would be worth another shot. This time he positioned his guys so i couldn't get a 1d blitz, so I tried a risky 2 blitz with Squirrel picking. It came up Defend down and stumbled and as the ball was knocked free, the Gutter Runner yanked the ball and made a quick move down the left side. Squirrel grabbed 3 orcs and put a small tacklezone for the Gutter Runner to climb through, but thankfully he got away, although eating up his dodge and then a team reroll around turn 12 for 3-1 For the Crunchy Skaven.

With the game essentially a lock, I yanked all my important positional players away from the orcs and pull them off to the side, letting squirrel walk in a quick TD and ending the match 3-2 in my favor.

Final Score: Crunchy Skaven 3 : Rock, Paper, Sneaky git 2

It definetely was a game that was closer then it looked, with a few of my plays being a mad blitz with no advantage and just happening to turn out in the best way possible. Sorry for the block of text, I have a tendency to ramble. Anyways GG Squirrel and good luck against Joose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenohero View Post
    Squirrel grabbed 3 orcs and put a small tacklezone for the Gutter Runner to climb through, but thankfully he got away, although eating up his dodge and then a team reroll around turn 12 for 3-1 For the Crunchy Skaven.
    To put things into perspective, that Gutter Runner had to make 3 dodges: 1 into 2 tackle zones, 1 into 1 tackle zone, 1 into the open.

I lost the game because I made rookie mistakes like leaving my thrower in blitzing range and not fouling the Ag4 when it was on the ground. Blood Bowl is Blood Bowl so I'll eat this result.

Edit: My offensive setup was the same for all drives by the way.
    Last edited by Squiz; 19-07-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    I still want your words on our last game!
    Since rhyming is hard this early in the morning, I present a haiku for the most memorable moment of that game.

More injured TGs,
    A cry from the Khemri's coach:
    FUCK YOU WITH A RAKE
    Last edited by Dentharial; 19-07-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    Since rhyming is hard this early in the morning, I present a haiku for the most memorable moment of that game.

More injured TGs,
    A cry from the Khemri's coach:
    FUCK YOU WITH A RAKE
    Love it...

Hahhahha didn't remember THAT!
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Yeah, Skaven vs Necro...we've not played it yet, but have no fear that my mighty rats will overturn all expectations and leave a field of cripples and rookies for you to face...maybe.
    Feel free to cripple your rats while achieving this noble goal!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Hey chaps, you may or may not be aware that our own Stunty league is now accepting applicants for its third season.

Each season so far has been an experiment in violence, hilarity and nuffle-baiting randomness and our next season is no different. Well actually, it is different. It's not different in that its different. Again.

This season we've let a few unofficial non-Stunty rosters try out for the league - from the fast but weak and costly Skink team, to the strong but slow and butterfingered Zombie team. Why not try them out? Or pick out a Goblin team and blow them up instead?

Check out the spreadsheet and the thread starting here if you're interested and have time for just a little more Blood Bowl each fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenohero View Post
    Zenohero's Crunchy Skaven Vs. Squirrelfanatic's Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git

As we lined up to begin play, a little cyanide magic started as I found myself missing my regular Gutter Runner. I had to get an extra one with the petty cash I had due to Joose giving my other GR a nice, long stay in the Skaven hospital, but the one I had just magically dissipated, until I had lined up my guys and started play, when he magically reappeared on the sideline.

I won the toss and elected to receive, hoping to get a quick score in hopes of getting a quick lead and put squirrel on the back foot. The kick landed on the left side of my half, leaving me with only being able to mark the ball. His lineup was centralized and that let me walk my only Gutter Runner all the way down field on the right side in hopes of getting him free for a quick TD in a turn or two. I also planned to make use of my storm vermin and lead him down the left side, hoping to split the defense in terms of who they could block and mark.

As the LOS was torn apart pulling my lineman off the ground to keep the black orcs and the trolls from waltzing and knocking over my thrower, a small opening appears as the orcs he had sent over to tie up my Storm Vermin and the extra lineman who weren't needed to keep the black orcs away was knocked down, leaving my Stormvermin without a tackle zone on him.

Coming into turn 3, I had my only Gutter Runner luckily remain standing and was waiting in the middle of the endzone with a TZ on him. The play i needed to make hit me as I moved my Gutter Runner to the far left side of the field after nearly having him be knocked over. I then made a quick hand off to my Storm vermin who showed a little flalir in making a 4+ pass to my Gutter Runner in the endzone for a quick 1-0 lead for the Skaven on turn 3.

As Squirrel began his drive I pulled back my Gutter runners in fear of seeing them immediately get hit, but without any way to put some reliable pressure on with their movement, Squirrel quickly formed a cage and did what orcs do best; beat the ever living snot out of whatever moves close to the cage. Despite my stalling and desperate plays, Squirrel's cage held steady and he walked it in on turn 8 for the equalizer without the ball carrier ever being in much trouble.

Half time Score: 1-1

As I lined up to kick off, I realized I was in major trouble. I had only had blocks and dodge as my positional skills, nothing that will work for cage busting. with the game feeling like it was slipping away, the only possible play would be a quick blitz with my 2 Gutter Runners in hopes of knocking the ball lose and stopping him from forming the cage. I kicked the ball around mid way into his half and he quickly retrieved the ball, but the position he left his ball carrier in meant, that with a few dodges, I'd could be looking at a 1d dice blitz. it was risky, but I was lucky and came up with a defender stumbles, knocking the ball free. I then yanked my free Storm vermin around the side and with a reroll, picked up the ball and put him around the two Gutter runners. He tried to blitz my Stormvermin, but the most effective dice he rolled was a pushed, but he did surround my Stormvermin leaving only one Gutter Runner in contact. I had to make a -2 handoff roll, but my Gutter Runner grabbed the ball and after a quick dodge ran in the TD on turn 10 2-1 for the Crunchy Skaven

Lining up to kick again, I decided the same play would be worth another shot. This time he positioned his guys so i couldn't get a 1d blitz, so I tried a risky 2 blitz with Squirrel picking. It came up Defend down and stumbled and as the ball was knocked free, the Gutter Runner yanked the ball and made a quick move down the left side. Squirrel grabbed 3 orcs and put a small tacklezone for the Gutter Runner to climb through, but thankfully he got away, although eating up his dodge and then a team reroll around turn 12 for 3-1 For the Crunchy Skaven.

With the game essentially a lock, I yanked all my important positional players away from the orcs and pull them off to the side, letting squirrel walk in a quick TD and ending the match 3-2 in my favor.

Final Score: Crunchy Skaven 3 : Rock, Paper, Sneaky git 2

It definetely was a game that was closer then it looked, with a few of my plays being a mad blitz with no advantage and just happening to turn out in the best way possible. Sorry for the block of text, I have a tendency to ramble. Anyways GG Squirrel and good luck against Joose.
    This is exactly the way to play skaven - keep out of contact while taking any possible shot at the ball carrier no matter the odds. They're perfect for hero plays. Its why I always try to have two wrackle runners so no ball carrier is safe from a blitz. Nice result.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    This is exactly the way to play skaven - keep out of contact while taking any possible shot at the ball carrier no matter the odds. They're perfect for hero plays. Its why I always try to have two wrackle runners so no ball carrier is safe from a blitz. Nice result.
    There was plenty of contact between the rats and the orcs. Lucky armor rolls though. The "hero plays" mostly ended with the attacker on the floor. What made the game was the poor positioning on my part and incredible luck with the dodges. Oh and MV9 also helped. :P

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    What made the game was the poor positioning on my part and incredible luck with the dodges. Oh and MV9 also helped. :P
    Are you overestimating the challenge of a few dodges? That killed Sketch in our game yesterday. It is a common mistake to think multiple dodges are harder than they are for finesse teams.

The three dodge path you mentioned earlier had a decent outcome. You forced a team reroll to be used when it had a better than evens chance of coming off without costing the skaven that asset. You’ll go mad playing against finesse teams if you keep thinking about that as bad luck. It only had about a 1 in 3 chance of failing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    It only had about a 1 in 3 chance of failing.
    That's true (to my surprise). I calculate a 55% chance of success without needing a team reroll, rising to 64% chance of success if a team reroll is used. Gosh.

Are you overestimating the challenge of a few dodges? That killed Sketch in our game yesterday. It is a common mistake to think multiple dodges are harder than they are for finesse teams.

The three dodge path you mentioned earlier had a decent outcome. You forced a team reroll to be used when it had a better than evens chance of coming off without costing the skaven that asset. You’ll go mad playing against finesse teams if you keep thinking about that as bad luck. It only had about a 1 in 3 chance of failing.
    If I got it correctly, the rolls for the dodges had to be a 4+, a 3+, and a 2+. That's about 60% chance of success, depending on where the player took the re-rolls. It is a better than evens chance, but still quite a challenge. I am not saying that luck was the only thing that made the game (Zeno played a very good game in my opinion!), but rolls like these contributed quite a bit.

They are incredibly difficult when I attempt them with my finesse teams.

...damn nuffle