View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 312 of 415 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I forfeited my match against MadDave123's Nurgle. He was 1-0 up at the time but it was turned out to be a ridiculously one-sided game. It's probably the first time I've ever quit on a match in-progress, not even sticking with it for the MVP consolation prize at the end.

I feel kinda dirty now.

I love my Dark Elves, and I like to put the effort in when it comes to the DoD. I really look forward to playing them all week. I often reshuffle my team to get the maximum advantage from the TV difference. I make plans, even jot down little strategies, pick out opposing players to target/avoid. I even follow those plans, I make the smart moves, except...

Ones. Lots and lots of ones.

I went 1-0 down but I pushed on through to the second half and then ran out of TRRs which were wasted on basic, reliable elfy stuff and, outnumbered and with no reliable way of cracking a cage of Guards, Fenders and Standers Firm, all I had to look forward to was a painful grind to the finish. I apologised to Dave and cut my losses before his mad murder men did lasting damage.

Eff Nuffle for stealing the highlight of my Blood bowl week. :/
    Last edited by Screwie; 19-07-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I feel kinda dirty now.
    We've all been there... I came seriously close to a rage quit during my last DoD match against sketchseven.

My rats took on Walrus' Khemri this evening. I received and after my ball carrier ate turf a couple of turns in I recovered and scored giving Walrus three turns to score back. With all his team at the LOS I sent a deep kick back but it turned out to be a cunning ruse. Unable to secure the ball immediately I sent rats pouring into the backfield leaving the only option as a pass to a skeleton on the halfway line. The skeletons must have been hopped up on elf beer as the thro-ra scooped up the ball and passed off to the skeleton who strolled into a full cage halfway inside my half. I managed to get some pressure on the carrier but after failing a dodge to get a second marker it was an easy blitz for the skeleton to cross. 1-1 half time. The second half saw the khemri rolling a slow and steady cage forward until a tiny mistake gave the rats a sniff. A corner of the cage was popped open and a nearby stormvermin hit the ball carrier who spilled the ball. The big hand gutter was able tomake a couple of dodges, pick up the ball but fluffed a hand off to a marked gutter and the ball was on the floor again. The khemris were able to recover though and managed to retrieve the ball and get into a fairly strong cage. Except for one rat sized hole. The vermin was sent through again with the same result. Again the big hand runner was thrown in to retrieve the ball but this time was successfully able to hand off for a gutter to stall a few turns by the end zone, even managing to pass some time with some SPP generating passing. Again the Khemri were set three turns to score but a blitz hampered their chances. A blodge gutter was able to get under the ball and catch it but got a kick in the arse for his trouble. The final few turns descended into a scuffle for the ball until time ran out. Thanks to Walrus for a great game.

2-1 Global Warping

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    We've all been there...
    This, when the game shits on you? I start fouling, killing players is seriously cathartic. I suggest fouling with players you fear might get fouled, as a pitch ejection will keep them safe :D
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    I forfeited my match against MadDave123's Nurgle. He was 1-0 up at the time but it was turned out to be a ridiculously one-sided game. It's probably the first time I've ever quit on a match in-progress, not even sticking with it for the MVP consolation prize at the end.

I feel kinda dirty now.
    It was a very one sided match indeed. Nuffle wasn't playing very fair.

No worries about the forfeit. Thanks for sticking with it as long as you did. If BB was played with a control pad and I were in your position, I'm pretty sure the pad would've been out of my window or on the floor in a million pieces by turn 12.

Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    even managing to pass some time
    I see what you did there
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    This, when the game shits on you? I start fouling, killing players is seriously cathartic. I suggest fouling with players you fear might get fouled, as a pitch ejection will keep them safe :D
    Actually part of my original gameplan was to remove Dave's ClawPOMB warrior before he could do much damage.

A great opportunity fell into my lap towards the end of the first half with 5 unmarked elves surrounding the prone warrior - but typically I conceded a turnover in the process of getting the 6th guy in there to foul him.

It would have been a very cathartic foul by that point, too...

You made a dodge to foul? Pfft, elves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    So iv been humming and haaring on whether i should go helf or stick with my beloved undead, then last night snoozer killed my level 4 mummy and my star level 5 ghoul, thanks for helping me make up my mind pal!

fuck you dwaaaarrrfffsss

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    So iv been humming and haaring on whether i should go helf or stick with my beloved undead, then last night snoozer killed my level 4 mummy and my star level 5 ghoul, thanks for helping me make up my mind pal!

fuck you dwaaaarrrfffsss
    Did the mummy have many doubles? But ghouls dying is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post

fuck you dwaaaarrrfffsss
    It was my...pleasure?

Yeah those dwarfs are ridiculous. All block, guard, tackle, mighty blow. Then a mv7 runner. Then a Str4 Agi5 runner.

Someone call the Chaos Squad!
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Can someone soften them up before they make it to my skinks, please.

Division I

Black Bombers (me, Gobbo) vs The Graveyard Escapists (proxyMath, Undead)

It's day two of the DoD, and way down in the depths of Division I, The Black Bombers face off against The Graveyard Escapists in what will turn out to be a brutal, scrappy match. The Escapists have been badly mauled in their day one match, leaving them down to nine players. The Bombers have been scudding around the bottom of the league for a while now, accumulating experience and wielding a 15 man squad. Can this much more experienced goblin team walk over the opposition and secure their first ever win?

First half
    The Bomber's gameplan for the match was simple: use their secret weapons and heavy hitting trolls to get the undead numbers down quickly... especially those ghouls and wights. Even with the inducements given away, the Escapists are still only fielding 12 men, so the numbers game could tell on them quickly, and with the ghouls and wights off the pitch, the Bombers could even get a speed advantage.

The match opened straight into the Bomber's arms, with the ball being kicked deep into their half and a wight being punched straight off the pitch. He failed to regenerate, as did a lot of the undead players, but regeneration did factor heavily during the match, so it became doubly important for the Bombers to protract the half as long as possible. That they did, finally rolling in their touchdown on turn eight after hanging around the endzone for a while, aided by a quick pass and plenty of undead off the field. The Escapists never really pressured the ball carrier during the whole drive, with all their capable players being either out of range or pinned down. The chainsaw did a reasonable job of knocking players over (just stuns, mind) before being knocked off himself and the ball & chain dude was a whirlwind of madness up and down the left flank in easily his best match: low on injuries, but high on knockdowns and generally keeping the opposition pinned and bricking themselves. Both trolls started the match well, throwing out serious punches almost every turn and never losing sight of the plot for once.

Second half
    The half started 1-0 to the Bombers, with their gameplan clearly in action. The Escapists were down to nine players on the pitch and missing both wights, facing off against a goblin squad at full strength. The Bombers had kept their bombardier in reserve, had both trolls on and were feeling good.

The kick went into the middle of the Escapists's half and the punching began. Clearly discombobulated by the presence of the bombardier on the pitch, the Escapists coach ordered their merc ghoul deep behind enemy lines to take him out... and just managed to push him around a bit. Luckily for said ghoul, the Bomber's troll could only push him back in return. A couple of turns in, the Escapists made their critical mistake of the match, and ran their ball carrying ghoul down the Bomber's left flank without any protection, relying on all the Bomber's players in range being heavily marked. Clearly a trap for young players: you can't reliably mark a stunty dodge player.

Needless to say, said ghoul was pretty quickly on the ground and the ball surrounded. The Bomber's dominated from this point onwards, surrounding the ball and generally keeping the undead pinned and on the ground (you can successfully mark an AG2 player, after all). The bombardier didn't even need to shoot his fizzing load. The only thing that prevented another score was failing to pick up the ball three times in a row, followed by a failed short pass when it finally did end up in a gobbo's hands. Picking up the ball was the only problem for the Bomber's during the match, with only two successes versus seven failures (a lot of those with rerolls as well). Other than that, Nuffle was definitely on the little guys' side, but only by a smidgen... which was lucky for them, seeing as they had to make 79 D6 rolls, versus the Escapists' 25.

Final score: Black Bombers 1 - 0 The Graveyard Escapists

And so, the Black Bombers are very happy to report their first ever win and a strategy that went completely to plan (for once!), proving them to be a capable team when a) Nuffle isn't out to make life hard for them and b) the coach actually has a plan and is paying attention. Admittedly, however, the match was against an inexperienced and battered undead team... day three's match against Corkir's Dark Elves will surely prove not so easy.

Last edited by cyberpunkdreams; 20-07-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Activated Node
    Actually part of my original gameplan was to remove Dave's ClawPOMB warrior before he could do much damage.

A great opportunity fell into my lap towards the end of the first half with 5 unmarked elves surrounding the prone warrior - but typically I conceded a turnover in the process of getting the 6th guy in there to foul him.

It would have been a very cathartic foul by that point, too...
    Believe it or not, that's the first ClawPOMB player I've had in my life, EVER! My Pestigor ClawMB got killed and so did my early Beast with block and other nastiness. I guess people don't like them for a reason. :D

Division H - Bishi Bashi Speshal vs Irrelevant Ilnesses

This match-up put the Blood into Bloodbowl. Both teams had minimal ball-handling skills, and were designed to cause maximum pain. What would happen when an unstoppable force met an immovable object? Lots of pushing and shoving on the Line of Scrimmage!

Due to team difference, Ilnesses picked up 400k of inducements, buying an Igor, 2 babes and some extra training.

The ball was kicked deep, with BBS receiving. The orcs set-up a thorough defensive screen at the LoS whilst giving away as few blocks as possible. However the ball retrieval went a bit haywire, with the thrower assigned failing his GFI and eating dirt.

The match continued much in this way, with the thrower failing in the pickup, followed by a failed pass, leaving the ball loose yet again.

Meanwhile both teams were determined to crack a few skulls. An early KO on the Ilnesses side was topped by them then killing a star orc blocker, despite the apothecary's intervention. Grrr 4th dead orc in 5 games.

A pestigor made it through the orc lines, scooped the ball up, and made for the orc endzone. Embarassed by his earlier failures, the orc thrower rushed to block the pestigor, assisted by a nearby lineman, knocking the ball free and placing the pestigor in the injury box. Little had changed though, with the battle just relocating to the balls vicinity.

Nuffle was with the orcs for now though, and the scuffle left enough of a gap for an orc blitzer to grab the ball. Quickly manouevering to place a defensive cage on the LoS, the ball finally moved forward. The few remaining free members of the Ilnesses moved to defend, but they were too out of position, leaving BBS with a TD on turn 8.

The 2nd half began, and proceeded in much the same way. The ball was kicked deep, and the mayhem again started on the LoS. However, despite carefully chaining their blocks to remove the orcs guard advantage, the Ilnesses just could not make a consistent hole in BBS' defence. This was compounded by the orcs having isolated and knockdowned the Ilnesses beast, meaning he spent half the match rolling around stupidly on the pitch.

Finally, with 2 turns left on the clock a hole appeared in the green mass, but the ball-carrying pestigor was too far into their own side. The Ilnesses only choice was a final turn risky play. A pestigor deep into the orcs side dodged away from the marking orc, moving into position in the endzone. All the ball-carrying pestigor needed to do was make 2 dodges, and then complete the pass. The dodges proved easy, but the passing was an aspect that continued to elude both teams.

Bishi Bashi Speshal 1 - Irrelevant Ilnesses 0

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post

Final score: Black Bombers 1 - 0 The Graveyard Escapists
    Damn you! That was the one result that stopped me winning the division already and being free to just avoid damage and farm skills next round :( Now I require a result. Most unsporting!

Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    Damn you! That was the one result that stopped me winning the division already and being free to just avoid damage and farm skills next round :( Now I require a result. Most unsporting!
    I think you've got it anyway. If I beat you we'll draw on points but you'll be ahead on TD difference... not sure about casualties though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I was 4-2 up over HughTower's welfs on Turn 14 when Cyanide intervened - despite both of our BB clients still running and us both being online and chatting in Steam, it gave us the "connection lost" timeout. :-(

After it timed out I couldn't even abandon the match, and after I alt+F4ed out and went back in it's showing as unplayed on the league management screen. HughTower very generously offered to concede though, so... 4-2 to me, I guess? :-/

*sigh*anide.

Network Hub
    Unless Sketch also wins to make it a three way tie you'd finish ahead by virtue of beating me. That is the first tie break.