View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 313 of 415 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    Unless Sketch also wins to make it a three way tie you'd finish ahead by virtue of beating me. That is the first tie break.
    Ah yes... bring it on then! I think Sketch is likely to win (I gave proxyMath one MNG on a wight I believe), but you never know what'll happen...

Division L: Boatmurdered Athletics FC (Dwarf, Joose) vs. Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git (Orc, me)

The difference in team value was this time not as bad as during the last match of the Orcs. Still, 340k in inducements were available for the Dwarfs to spend and Joose chose 3 (!) extra team re-rolls, coming out at 6 re-rolls in total.

The coin toss came up in favor for the Orcs and the Greenskins decided to receive. I know that sometimes it is better to defend first against bashy teams, so that the defense can rely on the full roster, but a quick comparison of Joose's roster with mine told me that I was up in players (13 in total with my freshly acquired Goblin).

The first half of the game played out without many surprises. The Orcs managed to form a cage pretty quickly, helped by a successful quick pass of the retrieving thrower. Shortly before said cage reached the endzone however, the Dwarfs managed to knock the ball loose one time which led to a bit of a panic reaction on my side. Nevertheless, the Orc thrower managed another pick-up and dove behind a loose screen of team-mate, right next to the endline. My idea was to stall until turn 8 but Joose put up a really good fight. Seeing the pressure on my screen rising, I decided that turn 7 was good enough and scored.

How wrong I was. A careless setup that left the wide-zones free combined with a horrible kick that resulted in touch-back for Joose allowed one of the Dwarven runners to bypass the first defensive line while the remaining part of the team easily tied-up most of the Orcs that would have been able to intercept that player. Although one of the Orcish blitzers was able to escape from the sweaty grip of a trollslayer and reached base-contact with the runner, he couldn't prevent a quick dodge-go-for-it-combination that led to the equalizing touch-down in turn 8.

Seeing how quick the Dwarven offense proved to be, the Orcs became a little bit worried about the odds for a win. A quick debate during the half-time break resulted in a slightly different setup for the kick-off, with Jockie the Goblin (sorry, Screwie, I promised you to name him after you, but Cyanide decided your name would be too offensive to be allowed) seeing his first use on the pitch.

A quick-snap event and another horrible kick placed the ball only one square away from the Line of Scrimmage, with a Dwarven blocker moving below the pill. However, the little guy failed the catch, fumbling the ball right in front of the black orcs' feet. The following turns were spent on punching and shoving but ultimately resulted in an Orcish blitzer holding the ball, sitting in a hastily arranged sideline-cage. Some more shoving and pushing later, the Orcs had somehow managed to screen off most of the defending players with the ball carrier behind a loose screen. This time the Orc coach was a bit more careful and managed to draw out the touch-down until the very last moment.

End result: 2-1 for the Orcs. Finally a win for my Orcs that recently had a lot of trouble finding their game.

Thanks for the nice match, Joose!
    Last edited by Squiz; 21-07-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Forum janitor in training.

Started div L game - my Norse against Zeno's skaven. Things were going great for me - touchback on kickoff, stunning everyone first turn, injuring a gutterrunner on the first hit.

Nuffle was not satisfied with the dice so he forced a DC.

Started again and the injuries were not much better for Zeno. He graciously accepted to kick to honour the previous rolls of the DC'd game, and I began the injuries. It is probably a very good thing he took a second apoth and a babe with his inducement money. He needed them both.

I don't have a play-by-play, but I was able to move my cage effortlessly throughout his half to stall by the endzone. By Turn 8 he had two players left on the pitch. I really wanted to get them both off the field as I have heard that if they have no players on the field it is an automatic win. I wanted to see if that would happen.

Regardless, I walked it in for 1-0 to end the half.

Enough rats wake up at the half to field the full 11.

Kicking off, Zeno's skaven moved quickly, putting two gutter-runners deep in my half. I push hard on his QB due to a blitz event and generally harass everyone, everywhere. I frenzied players closer to the sidelines, chainblocking when possible. He manages to very sneakily toss the ball to a well guarded runner, who ninja's out quite easily and runs downfield, handing off to one of the other runners.

He is now within a few squares of an easy TD, and my hero-blitz only pushed him a square away.

He elects to postpone the TD as long as possible, but I make it quite clear that every turn he waits I am going to punish his nearby rats. A few KO's and perhaps a dead linerat later, he walks it in on T11.

Zeno kicks off and the injuries begin anew. Three CAS off the line, rats dropping left and right. I again move the cage deep into his half without problem, scoring on T15.

T16 sees me getting perfect D and again being stupid about it, costing me the use of a werewolf next match.

I'll learn one of these days.

2-1 Norse > Skaven
    GG & thanks for the match
    Last edited by chadsexington; 21-07-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Network Hub
    My Wayward Gladiators just finished their match against Nullkigan's Supernumaries. Thanks to the TV difference I could induce a wizard and a beer seving babe. The game went favourably enough. The boys managed to break elven armour often, and during the first few rounds managed to knock several skilled elves out by punching, crowd surfing and with one well placed foul by Insalubrius. Despite my fortune, Nullkigan managed to knock the ball carrier down on the final round as he was stalling near the end zone (If he had stood one square farther, the blitzer couldn't have reached him. Why do I fear sidelines with a side stepper?) My sure handed thrower failed the pick up, so the first half ended 0-0.

Only two elves recovered, so there were 7 elves attacking against my 10 norsemen. Thanks to my reckless disregard of frenzy and side step, I lost two players in the first couple of turns. Nullkigan attacked deep with three of his elves while keeping the ball carrier well back. Not far enough, though, so I decided to go all in. The wizard dislocated the ball, and Lucius Vorenus, the DT+SS runner and tackling linemen ran next to it with all the speed their feet could muster. Even Brutus the Snow Troll went two squares for the blitz and knocked a protecting elf lineman down. But, well, you know, elves... So the st4 blitzer who had carried the ball jumped up, dodged away, picked up the ball from three tackle zones, dodged away from the tackler and diving tackler and threw a perfect long pass (bomb?) to a waiting witch elf who... failed the catch. I was fortunate enough to have an ulfwerener and my thrower in range. The blitz to push the witch farther was succesful, and the thrower got to try some proper elf ball. The long pass was accurate and the ball was even caught! From there I was stalling again. I figured it to be safe since Nullkigan had most of his elves over on the other side of the pitch. Too bad for my players he adopted bashy tactics and injured one or two of my players (The thrower even got -ma). I held from scoring until turn 14 when the carrier got blitzed by 1d block (pushback).

Nullkigan had two turns left to score with no rerolls. Two elven blitzers went for the end zone but double skulls on LoS ended his turn prematurely and left the ball carrier far away. Brutus had one of his more lucid moments and staggered after the blitzers. I ganged around them as well as I could but was cut short when Lucius failed to dodge to a better position. One of the blitzers got enough assists to give him a 2d blitz. He got to the end zone, but handing the ball to the elf who would throw it proved too difficult. Brutus almost killed the str4 elf blitzer at the end, but apothecary converted that to MNG.

1-0 for Wayward Gladiators. Thanks for the match, Nullkigan! My players shamed themselves by losing the CAS contest 4-1, but I guess the plentiful KO's right at the start of the match made up for it.

e: By the way, Nullkigan's team in the roster has been renamed Lucky Lycanthropes.
    Last edited by El Cubo; 21-07-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Activated Node
    Crunchy Skaven ( Ska, Me) VS. Norwegian Fancy Nancies (Nor, Chadsextington)

Coming into this match, with a chance at wining the division and getting out of the blockfest that is division L, I use the 190k on a apoth. and babe and set off with the Skaven to fight the Norse. I'm ready to handle anything up to the kitchen sink. The first game dc's, which was probably for my benefit since I had to burn one of two apoths. to keep my only GR with a level on the field and already had about 3 injury breaks. I elected to kick to honor last games starting roll, figuring what could go wrong ( If you ever desperately want to lose a blood bowl match and/or end up with numerous injuries, be sure to say this as you began :P)

I start the game with kicking the ball off field and quickly things start to go wrong. 3 blocks in and I've already lost 2 lineman to KO's. I proceed to mark the ball carrier with a stormvermin, but nearly lose another one for the drive when I position him into a good surfing position, but instead just takes a trip to the floor. he makes up for it though by snapping the spine of one of my linesman and dropping his lifeless carcass to the floor. using an apoth. was tempting, but he didn't even had any SPP and the two apoth's were for positionals. The stormvermin tied with the ball carrier doesn't find this amusing and gives me a slight opening when he puts him to the ground and leaving me with 2 gutter runners, one that has a TZ on him, but could easily out run the pack to give me a pretty assured TD, and one that I need to pick the ball up and hand it to him.

Nuffle has had enough of "skavensanity" as it were and decides that its about time that my Gutter Runners pay respect, as the one sent to retrieve the ball quickly crashes to the floor and ending my turn. After having to use 3 guys, he finally knocks down my Stormvermin and then a Runner retrieves the ball and at this point Chad is tired of just using a kitchen sink and decides to cover it in nails, because it get the point across far better.

The blocks start piling up by turn 4 as I have 1 death and 4 KO'd, which consists of lineman and a lone Gutter Runner who found out that trolls are, in fact, evil bastards. my attempts at hero ball continues as I throw a Stormvermin at the ball carrier who gets a 2d dice advantage and the stormvermin is lucky to not have his face plastered on the floor. that changes as few blocks later, he finds out that off the pitch is just as dangerous as on it. Another lineman feels bad for him and decides to get thrown off as well, suffering a badly hurt after a chain push. after a knockdown and then another crowd surf, the first half comes to a miraculous close as Chad walks in a turn 8 TD.

Second half Crunchy Skaven 0 : Norwegian Fancy Nancies 1

Coming into the second half, despite the clusterfuck of blocks and injuries in the first, I felt good. all of my Ko's recovered with the help of a babe and I had 2 spare Lineman, so I still fielded 11. My plan was to stall a few turns to get Gutter Runners in position and cut down the time that chad had to go downfield on his next drive and maybe causing a turnover and a quick TD for a 2-1 victory. Blitzed is rolled, which immediately throws any safety I had out the window as he had blitzers deep in my half and leaving me in trouble. In the blitz though, he pulls everybody upfield, leaving a nice gap for a few Gutter Runners to go through if they can manage a few dodges and a catch in a TZ.

my thrower grabs the ball and makes me smile with glee at the thought of a pure passing team as he makes a perfect throw to my Gutter Runner on the left side, who becomes a catcher elf as he picks it up in a TZ. He quickly turns back into a GR and hauls it downfield, with another Gr waiting by for support. He scrambles a few of his men back upfield to try and blitz them, but my Blodgy GR proves to be the bastard I hoped him to be as he keeps his footing. I also pulled a rookie GR up the turn prior in hopes of splitting his defense, but as it turns out he's wide open, allowing me to make a dodge away from his blitzer and make another catch and pass. I stall an extra turn, but he quickly looks to put the Skaven pain on, not to mention the biggest issue in my eyes, he has a blitzer in range of my rookie GR and quickly surrounds the blodgy one, leaving me with the possibility of waiting a turn and suffering numerous injuries and losing my opportunity at a score and grab a quick TD and hope for a good defensive stall? I opt for the quick TD on turn 11 and its 1-1.

Lining up for the next drive, I know I need something, anything to go my way, a blitz, a turn fast forwarded. I get a rock that stuns, not exactly what I wanted, but I'll see if it pays off. Chad Remembers the game plan, and proceeds to do a drive that is awfully familiar, including a killing of a Lineman and another that will MNG. I also suffer a -ST on a Stormvermin, but a apothecary works some magic an instead I only end up with a BH. This time their isn't an opportunity like last time , as Chad makes a beautiful drive down field and caps it off on turn 15 for a 2-1 lead.

My 16th turn pops up and I know that I don't have the build on my GR to get a 1 turn TD and the dice agree, as a perfect defence pops up. Still, he plants a rookie Werewolf next to my Blitzer and GR, and my Stormvermin gives him a nice welcome into Blood bowl by promptly breaking his hand. It isn't 2 deaths and 2 BH, but i'll take it. The game ends mercifully with the Skaven leaving the field as having lost the game, but still winners in the assistant coach's eyes ( I'm slowly preparing a torture method for the Gutter Runner who couldn't dodge his way to the ball in the first half.)

Final Score- Crunchy Skaven 1 : Norwegian fancy nancies

Final thoughts: This was a match that I knew was going to be tough and indeed it was. On one hand, I lost 2 Lineman and will be done another one come next season, but on the positive, the two that died had no SPP on them and weren't contributing much anyways.

My Stormvermin need some more love, as they pulled their weight this match. Any defensive pressure in the first half came from my Stormvermin who were able to mark the runner and took several blocks to finally be put down. I need kick, as if I were able to push the cage a few squares farther back, a rush play or two could have turn the match around. A Rat ogre would be helpfull, so I can not get my ass kicked in every brawl and have a nice cage buster.

The loose ball in the first half was the turning point, as while their was no guarentee I would have made the pass or even picked up the ball ( I still had to make another dodge), it would have changed this match's look completely, but the last two matches my Gutter Runners had made clutch ( translation: 2-3 TZ) dodges to help me secure or take a lead, so I can't complain about the dodges too much.

and lastly, I want to give out a huge congratulations to ChadSexington, who played a hell of a match and made this one of the best matches I've played, minus the injuries. I'm proud of the Skaven and may not even kill all of them ( 60% probability it'll happen :P). Thanks for reading this and I hope that everyone has an awesome end to the season and here's hoping for fresh ( NOT BASHY) blood in division L next season :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Chaps, just a friendly reminder that day 2 ends on monday night. I'll be defaulting those who don't get their excuses in ;-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Chaps, just a friendly reminder that day 2 ends on monday night. I'll be defaulting those who don't get their excuses in ;-)
    I desperately want to play my third game so show no mercy to the other match in League J.

I'm finally match fit with 13 players and a player with kick. this means short kicks and lots of fouls, oh and look some lovely AV7 norse to foul. Whats that you say, an AV9 Yheetee? Meet my mighty blow+claws+frenzy werewolf... Good times.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

DivB have already finished their day 3 games! It'll be a shame to break up the Speed Demon Division, but I think I need so spend some time arguing with a lower division hobgoblin merchant about whether this armour really is any better than the leaves woodelves wear.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I desperately want to play my third game so show no mercy to the other match in League J.

I'm finally match fit with 13 players and a player with kick. this means short kicks and lots of fouls, oh and look some lovely AV7 norse to foul. Whats that you say, an AV9 Yheetee? Meet my mighty blow+claws+frenzy werewolf... Good times.
    You'll like that: Yheetee only have AV8.

Edit: Nevermind, saw the +AV just now.

Edit: Could a kind admin please verify Joose's and my game in Div L?
    Last edited by Squiz; 21-07-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    Forum janitor in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenohero View Post
    and lastly, I want to give out a huge congratulations to ChadSexington, who played a hell of a match and made this one of the best matches I've played, minus the injuries. I'm proud of the Skaven and may not even kill all of them ( 60% probability it'll happen :P). Thanks for reading this and I hope that everyone has an awesome end to the season and here's hoping for fresh ( NOT BASHY) blood in division L next season :D
    Thanks mate - was a great match and you were fun to play. I was genuinely worried that you would be able to quickly turn around and score to steal the game from me ;)

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Meet my mighty blow+claws+frenzy werewolf... Good times.
    So, to paraphrase, you're asking Xenny to foul your mighty blow+claws+frenzy werewolf into oblivion before ripping the rest of your team apart with Mr Yheti? Is that right? I'll pass it on...

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Thanks mate - was a great match and you were fun to play. I was genuinely worried that you would be able to quickly turn around and score to steal the game from me ;)
    ehh, I didn't have one being built yet. Now if I had a sprint GR and a 1 offence square move now that would be something ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenohero View Post
    ehh, I didn't have one being built yet. Now if I had a sprint GR and a 1 offence square move now that would be something ;)
    Oh, and upon looking at the replay, I have decided my play of the match was when I was stalling for a TD and went to surf your thrower - I needed to frenzy him two squares first to set up for the lineman charge.

I frenzy him once, I get stumble and down or some such, so I reroll for the desired push, push him, then double-skull.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Excuse my lack of BB knowledge, but what's the benefit of surfing someone vs. just knocking them over? Surely pummelling someone into the pitch and having a chance of scoring some SPP is better than just pushing them straight into the crowd (I mean, burning a reroll to get a push rather than a pow or defender stumbles?)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Excuse my lack of BB knowledge, but what's the benefit of surfing someone vs. just knocking them over? Surely pummelling someone into the pitch and having a chance of scoring some SPP is better than just pushing them straight into the crowd (I mean, burning a reroll to get a push rather than a pow or defender stumbles?)
    pushing them off the pitch is a guaranteed numbers advantage and it doesn't have to break armor, its a pure injury roll. It also had to with the moment, he wouldn't have done it if he didn't have an extra turn to score and I only had one guys close to the ball, so it's not like I could blitz and then throw to a guy downfield ( coincidentally, I only had 2 players on the pitch at this time >.<)

Excuses! Grinn & I haven't had a chance to meet in the champs yet. I think we're going to try for Tuesday afternoon UK time.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Network Hub
    Bad week for me... we'll try to play as soon as possible

Network Hub
    Uh-oh, really!?

Me and Cacamas have our match scheduled for Tuesday evening, so Div G will ideally need an extension until then. Sorry to the other pair in our division!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    So, to paraphrase, you're asking Xenny to foul your mighty blow+claws+frenzy werewolf into oblivion before ripping the rest of your team apart with Mr Yheti? Is that right? I'll pass it on...
    Yes, foul my entirely 'regenerate' team.. ^_^

Truly the best way to handle undead is avoidance, but I suppose the norse principle is confrontation.
    This leads to a harmonious match, like Elves vs Skaven with passes and interceptions having about 6 factors to consider Ag4 vs disturbing aura, safe throw vs long legs, hail Mary Pass vs everything intercepty.

Well Corpses Vs Norse makes a great march up, don't misunderstanding I could fail magnificently. But neither are penned into any one strategy. Norse might be faster than zombies but they are also more bashy. Zombies might 'just be the linesmen' but they have a magic of their own.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I havent been able to get hold of deeky on the group board for our division G match and i havent seen him on steam.