View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 317 of 415 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I had a look but can't find any patch related info on the (English side of) the official forums as of yet.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That would be because there hasn't been a patch :)

Obscure Node
    Thanks Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiim and Wolfenswan.
    I didn't realise that there was race balancing, that's cool. I'll choose a new race in the next couple of days then.
    My rat ogre won't be happy though. I hope the shop is stocked on cheese.

I might try to play an online match this evening.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    That would be because there hasn't been a patch :)
    Well, Steam downloaded 20mb of something for BB ;). I may have been something for compatibility with the Chaos Edition or something.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This is Cyanide we are talking about so my money is on the DB patch :)

EDIT: When I posted that it wasn't really a serious thought but I just looked at the DB forum and they've just announced a patch so... :D
    Last edited by Zoraster; 25-07-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The speculation over at the OCC website (another online BB league) is that it's a steam update rather than a Cyanide update - something to do with the way that data is compressed to enable developers to put out patches.

Edit - One of the guys who said that is the developer Fatshark (who just produced the Krater game) so he may know what he's talking about.

Div F

Wink5000 vs Prester John

0-2 to Presters Woodelves. Close fought game where the superior skills of the Beauty and the Beast shone through. The lizards need some block !

Thanks for the game!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ok, all games have been played, all divisions moved on, one or two defaults in there where i didn't see anything in the groups (remember to post *something* in there to get my attention, or in here if you've got an excuse!!). We're finally all on day 3. Season ends 02 Aug...
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Activated Node
    One of my Nurgle Warriors hit level 3 and I rolled 10. I have a choice between +1 MV, +1 AV, or normal skills. He already has block.

Movement seems useful, as standard MV4 can be quite limiting on the old lummox. I'm not so sure about armour though, is there much benefit to AV10 over AV9, or is it already high enough to fend off most attacks?

Any thoughts chaps?

Hey Dave, I would go for a normal skill. You need all the str skills you can get on the bugger and a move or av boost is not gonna help you do what the warrior was born to do: bash skulls in with a stinky gauntlet. Remember that taking up the second slot with something like mv or av is going to slow down the eventual progression. If you take mb on him he ll level faster and if you take guard he ll be a pain in the arse sooner. Depends on what other skills you have already...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDave123 View Post
    One of my Nurgle Warriors hit level 3 and I rolled 10. I have a choice between +1 MV, +1 AV, or normal skills. He already has block.

Movement seems useful, as standard MV4 can be quite limiting on the old lummox. I'm not so sure about armour though, is there much benefit to AV10 over AV9, or is it already high enough to fend off most attacks?

Any thoughts chaps?
    What skills does he have? AV10 on a jump up Nurgle Warrior is a legitimate 'badassitude'.

To break armour on a block you need to roll 1 more than the armour value on 2D6, breaking 9 thus takes 10,11 or 12

There are 6 die combinations out of 36 for that, but breaking 10 takes 11 or 12, there are only 3 combinations out of 36 of that. AV 10 is twice as hard as AV9 to break, mighty blow makes it "less than half" the difference chancing the values to 10 and 6 combinations out of 36 respectively.

HOWEVER: CLAWS, claws makes everyone AV7. Norse, Necromantic, Nurgle Chaos, Skaven can have claws on their team. Claws and mighty blow makes everyone AV6. Additionally foul assists, but TBH armour helps vs fouls, It'd take 7 assists to get AV down to 4+ on 2D6, that's still risky with a 1/12 failure to break without dirty player.

+MV always helps, but if it is a double, I honestly think a skill like Dodge, jumpup or diving tackle would be better than +MV
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

With AG2 jump up isn't as good (need a 3+ instead of 2+) and requires a double.

I'd take MB or guard over AV or MV. I don't think I ever have or ever would take +AV.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Activated Node
    Thanks for the input fellas. The guy is a bog standard Warrior with block as the only non-starting skill I've given him. The 10 was a 6+4, so no doubles there.

Good point about the claws, plus my warriors rarely suffer much with their current armour values so maybe I'll leave the +AV. Movement might help the warrior keep up with a faster moving pestigor cage, but that's about all I can see myself using it for.

More bashy is pretty much the path I should be heading down I guess. So looks like I'll go for MB or guard. I could definitely use some more guard on my team.

Hmmms

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I'd hate to pass up a double but there isn't that much that sticks out. The only one that really works is dodge if you are worried about him getting hit. Likewise side step for manoeuvring him around cages, making him harder to knock away (also works well if you get him guard later)

If you want to bash, for my warriors I went with MB, then claw, as you're more effective against everyone that way, not just high av targets.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh i rolled an Ag up on an unskilled linerat, it would make him ag 4. Should i take it? Its not a doubles roll.

Network Hub
    That's a lot of TV to give to a fodder piece. If you have max GRs and a competent thrower, do you really need another AG4? Now, if it were a Stormvermin...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    If you want to bash, for my warriors I went with MB, then claw, as you're more effective against everyone that way, not just high av targets.
    I read somewhere that mighty blow is statistically better than claw against almost all AVs. Piling on is better than both at getting players off the pitch, but there's all the falling over that this entails.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Yeah it's better than claw. But why have just one?

Obscure Node
    Hey im looking to get into the league. Any spots open?

There probably will be yes. Finish off your bit on the spreadsheet - the new season'll start in about ten days.