View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 318 of 415 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 8290
    Network Hub
    The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot) 0 - 2 Rock Paper Supper (Hal, Zoraster)

The game was a bloody one, with no KOs, seven injuries, and one death. Three ogres were felled by zealous plant life, one of whom suffered a detrimental gash to his left ankle (the doc offered to replace the defective joint with the right foot, but he failed to understand why this was not helpful). The Supper crew ran a strong offense, taking advantage of the Knucklers' inability to hit anything successfully in the first half. A deft running game provided the halflings with a 1 - 0 lead going into the second half; the only gloomy note was the unfortunate passing of hired star player Zara the Slayer, whose skull was caved in by a pack of snotlings.

The second half saw the Knucklers pull back from the scrimmage line in an attempt to draw the halflings in. Progress was tentative, and a blitz on the ball carrier almost saw the end of the ogres' hopes. However, defying the odds, a successful pick up, hand off, and throw maneuver (a play dubbed "The Green Dream") saw a hopeful snot a mere dash from the end zone. However, the canny Suppers responded in kind, and a blitz ended any chances of equalizing the score. One final TTM in the closing minutes secured RPS a solid 2 - 0 win.

Zoraster was a charm to play against, even as he dismantled my team. A good game that could have ended any number of ways. Sadly, I must hang up my manager's jacket after this season due to time constraints, but this was a fine way to go. I'll be watching the division from the sidelines, though, so keep those entertaining game reports coming!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    GUARD!

All day, every day/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Oh i rolled an Ag up on an unskilled linerat, it would make him ag 4. Should i take it? Its not a doubles roll.
    Donít hesitate; take it. An AG4 linerat becomes a great asset with another skill or two, anything but fodder. Great protection for your Gunners too during those games when you get snowballed. Gives you the option of controlling the opposition blitz when you lack the numbers to partition. I took it very early (think first season, maybe second) during Rats of Westminsterís blitz through the DoD and it was probably my pivotal player bar the ball hawk Gunner.

I did have this skaven team on fumbbl who did constantly roll +Ag, but in doing so marked each such player as CURSED and they got a -stat soon after.

So I guess what I'm saying is: don't get cursed
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 26-07-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot) 0 - 2 Rock Paper Supper (Hal, Zoraster)

The game was a bloody one, with no KOs, seven injuries, and one death. Three ogres were felled by zealous plant life, one of whom suffered a detrimental gash to his left ankle (the doc offered to replace the defective joint with the right foot, but he failed to understand why this was not helpful). The Supper crew ran a strong offense, taking advantage of the Knucklers' inability to hit anything successfully in the first half. A deft running game provided the halflings with a 1 - 0 lead going into the second half; the only gloomy note was the unfortunate passing of hired star player Zara the Slayer, whose skull was caved in by a pack of snotlings.

The second half saw the Knucklers pull back from the scrimmage line in an attempt to draw the halflings in. Progress was tentative, and a blitz on the ball carrier almost saw the end of the ogres' hopes. However, defying the odds, a successful pick up, hand off, and throw maneuver (a play dubbed "The Green Dream") saw a hopeful snot a mere dash from the end zone. However, the canny Suppers responded in kind, and a blitz ended any chances of equalizing the score. One final TTM in the closing minutes secured RPS a solid 2 - 0 win.

Zoraster was a charm to play against, even as he dismantled my team. A good game that could have ended any number of ways. Sadly, I must hang up my manager's jacket after this season due to time constraints, but this was a fine way to go. I'll be watching the division from the sidelines, though, so keep those entertaining game reports coming!
    Leaving forevers? Or just a short break? I only ask because if you'll only be away for a while then we can try to put your team into limbo for a while...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Oh mighty admins. We seem to be having a bit of bother with div E. The results for day 2 have been validated but it hasn't moved on to day 3. Not sure if this is something an admin can sort out or if it is a bug. When we go to 'play' we still see the previous days results. If someone could have a look that would be great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    It's probably fixable - I just need to be at a machine that has blood bowl on it, which isn't likely until later tonight (I suspect I validated the game, but didn't roll the day on.... cyanide doesn't show you always when you have or haven't so its kinda hard to remember what you've done - basically, I'm blaming cyanide again for this one :-D)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    basically, I'm blaming cyanide again for this one :-D)
    I don't think anyone will argue with you about that. Thanks for the quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    I don't think anyone will argue with you about that. Thanks for the quick response.
    Day rolled on. Cyanide :S
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Hearken unto me, and hear my tale of GRINN'S COMPLETE AND UTTER FLUKEY BULLSHIT.

It is turn 15 and I am 1-0 up. I finally got the ball out of Grinn's cage and my beastman is making his way up the pitch with the ball tucked under his arm. There is one turn to go and it's looking good for The Red Skull Reavers to stay in the Champs next season.
    He's about three squares from Grinn's endzone when he makes an ill-advised go for it, slips, and spills the ball.

Now it is turn 16. Grinn has no rerolls but it is still just possible for him to score and tie the match. Grinn has no rerolls, but still manages to scoop up the ball. Grinn has no rerolls, but he still manages to pass it half the length of the pitch.
    Grinn has no rerolls but his thrower still manages to catch it. He goes to hand off to the blitzer.
    Grinn has no rerolls and the blitzer has dropped the ball!. I've won!
    I've won, I've won, I've WHAT FRESH BULLSHIT IS THIS?
    The ball has scattered into the square occupied by a downed beastman, scattered back into the blitzer's hands, and the blitzer has picked it up.
    WHAT.
    THE.
    FUCK.
    JUST.
    HAPPENED?
    And so Grinn gets to continue his turn despite dropping the damn ball, and of course he makes the two go for its with no reroll, and ties the game and relegates me due to the single biggest most ricockulous piece of flukery I have ever seen.

...still doing my little dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC3tRUBILBo

PS 1: Beastman's ill-advised go for it comes after two dodges (-1, 0) on agility 4 and was COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY.
    PS 2: The lino that did the pass was ag 5 (ok it was a long-bomb)
    PS 3: Said lino dodged into a stalling cage last game against prez's nasty chaos-mans and surfed the ball carrier to avoid a draw.
    PS 4: Thrower that caught the long-bomb and did the hand-off was ag 4.
    PS 5: This booty is still undulating to jubilant samoan drums.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Hearken unto me, and hear my tale of GRINN'S COMPLETE AND UTTER FLUKEY BULLSHIT.

It is turn 15 and I am 1-0 up. I finally got the ball out of Grinn's cage and my beastman is making his way up the pitch with the ball tucked under his arm. There is one turn to go and it's looking good for The Red Skull Reavers to stay in the Champs next season.
    He's about three squares from Grinn's endzone when he makes an ill-advised go for it, slips, and spills the ball.

Now it is turn 16. Grinn has no rerolls but it is still just possible for him to score and tie the match. Grinn has no rerolls, but still manages to scoop up the ball. Grinn has no rerolls, but he still manages to pass it half the length of the pitch.
    Grinn has no rerolls but his thrower still manages to catch it. He goes to hand off to the blitzer.
    The ball has scattered into the square occupied by a downed beastman, scattered back into the blitzer's hands, and the blitzer has picked it up.
    WHAT.
    THE.
    FUCK.
    JUST.
    HAPPENED?
    And so Grinn gets to continue his turn despite dropping the damn ball, and of course he makes the two go for its with no reroll, and ties the game and relegates me due to the single biggest most ricockulous piece of flukery I have ever seen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    You sicken me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    That's epic, the handoff did a world tour before coming back home. So bloodbowl.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Just to let you all know, I'm away in THE FROZEN NORTH OF SKYRIM (scotland) until Friday, in terms of applying the next season etc. (I've played all my games this season)

Hope that's not an issue. Good luck in your final matches everyone.

Also, grinn:

Good lad.

You sicken me.
    Grinn did pretty much the same thing to me in our game. Twice.

Now the only way I can stay up is to beat Jiiiiim, which I've been failing to do for about 4 or 5 seasons in a row now.

At least Grinn will have to face Jiiiiim's lizards again next season instead of me :)

edit: Nevermind, I can't stay up this season, I'm guaranteed relegation too.
    Last edited by potatoedoughnut; 27-07-2012 at 02:37 AM.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Obscure Node
    After I took a brief look at the race balance table, I realised that the Amazons could be feeling a bit left out.
    So, as a true blood bowl gentleman, I fed my wannabe Skaven team to the Orcs and decided to embrace the luscious, lonely Amazon tribe.

Meet: The Bulging Vixens!

See you on the battle-field... battle-pitch... battle-...?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    WHAT.
    THE.
    FUCK.
    JUST.
    HAPPENED?
    Everyone knows that million to one chances crop up nine times out of ten.

Obscure Node
    Just a quicky - I've noticed all the other new teams in the google docs spreadsheet are showing as division n#, while my entry isn't showing anything by division. Have I missed doing somethng I need to do?

Cheers

Obscure Node
    Never mind - just answered my own question by reading the legend. Should I put in N4 behind the people who added after me then?

Div A: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 1 - 1 The Dead Comic Society (KHE, JayTee)

The penultimate fixture for Div A was a Khemri Vs Khemri slugfest, with the home team reeling from straight defeats all season, and the visitors on the cusp of promotion. The Comics received from kick-off and pushed a steady grinding cage down their left field, once the ball was picked up. A textbook Khemri play, the cage opened for the carrying Thro-Ra to spring out halfway into the defenders' half and a lone Anupshi skeleton in deep field wasn't enough to keep him from the line. The Dead Comic Society goes 1-0 up with only a quarter of the half remaining.
    Aware of the need for a victory to hope to avoid relegation, Anupshi Rises quickly recover the ball from kick off and bolt a Blitz-Ra and Tomb Guardian through the defences. As the seconds tick away and with no hope of a running goal, the ball is shuttled up the pitch in Elf style, ending in an accurate pass to the goal-hanging Blitz-Ra. It wasn't to be, though, as in an even more unlikely event than the pass actually being caught, a Comic lineman found himself intercepting. Suddenly, and unfamiliarly, in possession of the ball, the Skeleton disappeared under a tangle of different coloured Khemri as the half time whistle was blown.

The second half starts with a cautious approach by Anupshi Rises, hanging around the back with the ball while the Comics pounded on the front lines. A gap opened up on the left field and the Thro-Ra pair edged towards it. As the Comics back players moved to plug the gap the Thro-Ras made a long running hand-off between them, slipping diagonally through a gap in the centre left by the Anupshi right flank falling back, and racing into the opposing right field. With a Tomb Guardian running interference and the defenders' response scattered the ball carrier looked unopposed, but as the lumbering Guardian collected the reacting Comic linemen a defending Blitz-Ra managed to make an extreme range blitz and pinned the running Thro-Ra to the sideline with only yards to go. By this point the ball carrier's Thro-Ra wingman had caught up to assist, and they pushed the Blitzer aside to run in an equaliser.
    The Dead Comics had enough time to recover and score again before the final whistle, and they attacked in earnest down their left flank again. This cage wasn't as tight, and got bogged down just past the half way line. Seeing the chance of a driving touchdown diminishing, the Comic ball carrier crossed over to the sparsely populated right. With several defenders waiting deep for him the Thro-Ra had the decision of holding back in the safe shadow of a friendly Tomb Guardian, or making a desperate dash and risking a certain hit from several linemen and the huge star player Anupshi Rises had drafted in for the game. With promotion already won the safe option was taken, and a quick celebratory pass saw the game end a draw.

Coach Dog Pants approached the Pharaowners with rightful apprehension. They were cranky when promotion wasn't won, but he hadn't experienced their dismay at relegation yet. His fears were quite correct. With no chance of explanation the coach was cast into the team's tomb, sealed in with the injured Tomb Guardian from the first game. Fortunately for him no other coaches were forthcoming in the days he was buried, possibly due to rumours of his demise, and once again Coach Dog Pants was led sandy and blinking back into the sun to fight another season.