View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 320 of 415 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    ... the Olympics.
    Some kind of BB tournament of which I've not heard?

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Apoc managed to turn a smashed hip into a death, so that's -1MV on one of my linemen, and then another was killed later on.
    I wouldn't bother using the apoc on a lino unless he had a +stat or doubles that you wanted to hang onto. They're meant to die and you'll regret it in the future when you could have apoc'd a positional instead of fodder (applies to pretty much any team, not just norse).
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah it was probably another bad judgement on my part (let's call it an unforced error). I did it mainly because the lino had a skill up but it wasn't anything that was hard to replace (like a +stat or a double).

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Anyway that means the Magnates win the championship again. The question now forming in my mind is: should I keep going? Do you still want to crush those uppity Magnates or is it boring to have one team up there?
    I would love to see the Magnates stay. It's great to have a reigning championship king for the rest of us mere mortals to try and topple. Unless it's boring for you to be mr overlord for too long. Keep the Magnates!!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yeah Jiiim, only retire if its getting boring at the top for you. Those skinks are a mighty juicy target if my tackle/mighty blow/block humans can ever get out of tier 1 (and there's a slim chance in my final game...).

Additionally, the season ends on THURSDAY so get your last games in, or make your excuses in here, as usual. I see a couple of people have asked for an extension until friday, which is granted. I might need that time, too :-). Hopefully we'll be setting up the new season over the weekend and be ready for people to apply by sunday...?

Additionally additionally, how's everyone finding the new league structure? It's not had much impact on me in tier 1, as it's largely the same, but lower down, how have people found it? The match-ups still fun? I know we've had a few bigger TV differences, but that's kinda fun too, right? Everyone happy to go another season with the same structure in place? (complete with the EXCITING LIVE DRAW again which I really enjoyed doing - probably on Sunday if the matches get sorted).

No, no, I love playin' them, just don't want them to be dampening everyone's spirits with their invincibility. That said they'll now crumble to dust this season, just to show me.

I've enjoyed the new structure!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I have had a miserable season so far but the structure is not to blame for that. Happy to continue the experiment for another season or more.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Hopefully we'll be setting up the new season over the weekend and be ready for people to apply by sunday...?
    Does this mean another live draw? :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    No, no, I love playin' them, just don't want them to be dampening everyone's spirits with their invincibility.
    If that isn't tempting Nuffle, I don't know what is!

EDIT - New structure seems good so far, thanks.

complete with the EXCITING LIVE DRAW again which I really enjoyed doing - probably on Sunday if the matches get sorted).
    So, yes, live draw again, probably on sunday if all goes well (time TBD - any preference for when people would like to see it?)

Additionally, the season ends on THURSDAY so get your last games in, or make your excuses in here, as usual.
    Hey Groovy,

Need to request an extension until friday for my match against Karandraz. Haven't had much luck meeting up yet, but thursday night should work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Whoops, didn't read that far before replying :)

I'd like to continue trying the new structure, we'll need a couple more seasons to determine if it's the best one or not.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    I'd like to continue trying the new structure, we'll need a couple more seasons to determine if it's the best one or not.
    I'll second that. Personally, I haven't yet experienced any impact of the new system. Looking forward to the live drawing though, that was both exciting and fun last time.
    Forum janitor in training.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I'm liking the new structure - getting to play different groups of people seems to be better than a rotation through the usual customers each season.

I've put my name down to reboot but I'm not quite clear on how I should go about that - just change the name of my team once the season ends, or something else?

Changing the team name at the end of the season's fine, it's not a critical element :-). As for the form here, once you are CERTAIN what team you're rebooting to, change your race to the new one in curly brackets {}. This frees up your previous race for any new joiners before the end of the season. Also, (obviously) add Rx to the 'next season' column (as you have done), as that's the one I use to figure out where you are going.

Changing the team name at the end of the season's fine, it's not a critical element :-). As for the form here, once you are CERTAIN what team you're rebooting to, change your race to the new one in curly brackets {}. This frees up your previous race for any new joiners before the end of the season. Also, (obviously) add Rx to the 'next season' column (as you have done), as that's the one I use to figure out where you are going.
    NOES!

If you are rebooting then please put Rx {Xxx} in column E, where Rx is your place in the rebooting queue and {Xxx} is your rebooted race.

Although now I think more...it may be more sensible to put your new race in column C in curlies, and add your current race in column E after the Rx.
    Last edited by ntw; 31-07-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Although now I think more...it may be more sensible to put your new race in column C in curlies, and add your current race in column E after the Rx.
    Yup, just makes it easier for new player to know what's available as the new season approaches. It doesn't really affect the existing season. NB - Make sure you are CERTAIN you are changing before adding the curly brackets to column C around your new choice, otherwise someone might set up a team to take your race slot and you won't be able to change back...

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    ... curlies...
    Just for the record, being a typography geek:

{} = braces
    [] = brackets
    () = parentheses

Lesser Hivemind Node
    In American yes, not in English.

Network Hub
    Additionally additionally, how's everyone finding the new league structure? It's not had much impact on me in tier 1, as it's largely the same, but lower down, how have people found it?
    It was intimidating to face three teams with way longer history than mine but even though I took plenty of casualties, I won more matches than lost. The games were fun, too.