View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 321 of 415 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    In American yes, not in English.
    Well, maybe in popular usage. To typographers, I'm pretty sure that differentiation has always been made. #offtopic ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Myself and Xenny may require an extension.. Or not, it's up in the air.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    The division I title decider was transformed by the opening kick off event. On paper Cyber’s goblins had a great start with the sun crimping my elvish passing and the goblins scoring knockdowns and armour breaks with every single block in their opening two turns. Lacking any bench the broken neck and trio of KOs would have put the Bombers firmly in control. However the opening kick off resulted in a blitz and my elves swarmed downfield, scoring in their first turn. As I was the underdog Cyber had no bribes so his chainsaw and fanatic were sent off meaning he couldnt press his advantage.

Cybers dice got cold resulting in total carnage. When I had bad moments (2 consecutive turns ending with snakes) the ‘bad’ turns were still interspersed with goblin puree being spread over the astrogranite. 5-0 by the end and six, maybe seven, skill rolls for my elves. 11-0 TD record for the season so it couldnt have gone better. I am down a blitzer and a lineman (now with ag3) for the next game which puts a slight dampener on things but Mutilation could not have wished for such a good debut season.

Division I: Black Bombers (me, gobbo) 0 - 5 Machiavellian Mutilation (Corkir, DElf)

Another fairly horrific match for the Bombers. Not only was the score 5-0, but Corkir scored 10 (yes, 10) injuries, including one guy who was apoc'ed from dead only to go back on and get injured again. A deep kick and blitz on the first turn allowed MM to score in their first turn, meaning that BB's two secret weapon guys were off the pitch before they could really do anything. The gobbo's dirty player got an injury in before being knocked off the pitch himself, but the three early KOs scored by the Bombers were quickly nullified by Corkir's babes at the end of the drive. It was all downhill from there.

All in all, a pretty frustrating match. A win could have been on the cards for the Bombers until Nuffle really took over. I don't mind losing, but when the dice are that bad... Having said that, it shouldn't detract from Corkir's game; he was a great opponent and played brilliantly throughout.

A quick calculation of SPPs:

BB: 8 (one cas (the other was from a foul), one completion and one MVP)
    MM: 41 (five TD, one completion, 10 cas and one MVP)

I pity whoever plays Corkir next. Nine of his players levelled from that one match.
    Last edited by cyberpunkdreams; 31-07-2012 at 06:37 PM.

11-0 TD record? Dirty elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    The division I title decider was transformed by the opening kick off event. On paper Cyber’s goblins had a great start with the sun crimping my elvish passing and the goblins scoring knockdowns and armour breaks with every single block in their opening two turns. Lacking any bench the broken neck and trio of KOs would have put the Bombers firmly in control. However the opening kick off resulted in a blitz and my elves swarmed downfield, scoring in their first turn. As I was the underdog Cyber had no bribes so his chainsaw and fanatic were sent off meaning he couldnt press his advantage.

Cybers dice got cold resulting in total carnage. When I had bad moments (2 consecutive turns ending with snakes) the ‘bad’ turns were still interspersed with goblin puree being spread over the astrogranite. 5-0 by the end and six, maybe seven, skill rolls for my elves. 11-0 TD record for the season so it couldnt have gone better. I am down a blitzer and a lineman (now with ag3) for the next game which puts a slight dampener on things but Mutilation could not have wished for such a good debut season.
    Congratulations on a great season! I was trying not to sound too bitter in my report :p

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I pity whoever plays Corkir next. Nine of his players levelled from that one match.[/FONT][/FONT]
    TV bloat ^_^ I don't care if they have blodge, fend, sidestep and guard. Once they hit the floor they are mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    TV bloat ^_^ I don't care if they have blodge, fend, sidestep and guard. Once they hit the floor they are mine.
    It's getting them on the floor that's the hard part ;). But yes... I did get in a DP foul with three assists, which did the trick nicely. My guy didn't even get sent off. If only it had continued that way!

Oh, and could a most kind of beneficent admin validate that Div I match please, if they happen to be wandering past?

DP? Buh, the most important skill a pro fouling coach needs is wrestle. Getting them on the floor is the important part.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    All games i could find were validated. Enjoy your levels Corkir!!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

A match did not take place between NieA7 and myself tonight, it was not full of ridiculous failures and ludicrous luck.
    Had such a match actually taken place, the score most definitely would not have been 0-0.

Now kindly look into the red light please...

Last edited by ntw; 31-07-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Small conumdrum here, my Rat Ogre Idefix rolled a double (5-5) for his second skillup which enables him to take +1 MV, or +1 AV or any skill category. He already has Juggernaut otherwise I would have already have given him block and that's that, now i'm thinking maybe he should get claw instead. What do you guys think? Or is there another option I should consider?

I always wanted to try diving tackle AND prehensile tail together, but given how hard it is for him to stand up again probably not an idea. Jump up might be a good one as he can then block while prone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Small conumdrum here, my Rat Ogre Idefix rolled a double (5-5) for his second skillup which enables him to take +1 MV, or +1 AV or any skill category. He already has Juggernaut otherwise I would have already have given him block and that's that, now i'm thinking maybe he should get claw instead. What do you guys think? Or is there another option I should consider?
    Claw is good.

Pro is good for not eating up loner'd rerolls.

You could also do dodge (harder to knock down and can be followed with break tackle, good for blitzing/not getting marked up).

Or you could make a roadblock with tentacles (rat ogres already have prehensile tail right?) followed with stand firm (doesn't mesh well with juggernaut though).

I'd probably take Pro or claw.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Pro is tempting, it will help with the wild animal rolls and will work well with break tackle (or any other reroll of course) which is what I would have given him on a normal skill-up. I have pro on a mino, and it has helped with his reliablility. Idefixes biggest problem to date though is being singled out and knocked down, in which case he usually stays down for at least a couple of turns, so block is still in contention.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Cccllllaaaawwwww

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    What do you guys think? Or is there another option I should consider?
    jugga and claw is bad synergy.

What about Dodge?

Network Hub
    I'd take pro. Having juggernaut suggests building him into a ram. So then you'll be blitzing with him a lot, and pro makes that more reliable. Besides, re-positioning wild animals without blitzing them is a pain, and pro helps with that as well.

best thing about pro? random ass interceptions are 50% more likely.