View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 322 of 415 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I don't understand much of what was said, but it looks like someone edited the sheet for me - as I'm in Tier 4 I don't think rebooting should be much of an issue. I have a new team set-up and ready to go in BBLE.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    He'll be scary as hell with claw. No-one will want to go near him.

Clearly he'll die in the next game though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    He'll be scary as hell with claw. No-one will want to go near him.
    Norse literally wont care though
    ^_^
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Claw or tentacles. If you dont blitz with him often then tentacles and park him next to whoever you want to tie down. Follow it up with block/stand firm. If you go claw then any of block/MB/pro should be next up.

Tentacles and juggs sounds like a pretty good combination to me - should make him excellent for disrupting cages, frenzy will get him next to the carrier (with even BD letting you move him in) and tentacles/prehensile tail should make sure they can't escape, especially if you get stand firm next. Guard would be nice later down the line to get you assists even if the cage corners are still standing.

Network Hub
    Ahead of the season closing match against DeekyFun this evening, I figured I'd better hammer out my report for last week's match against Cacamas, so...

Div G: Da Blu Moonz (Dentharial, Orcs) VS The Top Brass (Cacamas, High Elves)

The team’s made up of elves who are rich
    And take part in world politics,
    They ran forward quite fast,
    The ball’s accurately passed,
    And the orcs look like dumb, country hicks.

For twelve turns, each orc pounds their fist,
    But every injury's missed,
    One turn’s on the board,
    A draw barely scored,
    Another non-loss on the list!

Final Score: Da Blu Moonz 1-1 The Top Brass

This makes 2 games in a row where my orcs have consistently failed to score any injuries at all (there was a crowd-surf death against the Skaven which was apo'd, and there may have been a single apo'd injury against the high elves). Hopefully tonight's game against Deeky's High Elves will have some more red blood in it.

Nevertheless, I was pretty pleased with my team's performance in this match. I realised too late that The Top Brass have a lot of skills, and I was sorely lacking in Tackle for all the Dodge that was liberally sprinkled over the elves. Fortunately their dodging luck was pretty poor in the second half, but Cacamas still did a good job of slowing the orc cage to a crawl, and forced me to make a few riskier plays to secure the equalizer in the final turn.
    Last edited by Dentharial; 01-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I gave the bastard pro in the end.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hi. No sign of DWZippy/Darkwingstalker - he's not been online for 5 days, hope everything's ok. Regardless I will not now be able to play him before the end of the season, so could you please admin us an appropriate result.

Thanks

Due to life getting in the way, I'm not able to play my match with Dentharial. Can an admin please give him the win for our match. I'm also going to be away for the next two weeks, and busy for the following couple as well, so I'm thinking it might be a good idea if I'm not in the next season. May I jump back in after that, though?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I think I have amended my reboot correctly but am already pre-emptively flinching just in case, Pro was a good choice as shown by Billy 'the bastard' Big Balls

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I've amended my reboot to match LowKey's version. So if there's any problems, I'll make sure he gets the punishment.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DeekyFun View Post
    Due to life getting in the way, I'm not able to play my match with Dentharial. Can an admin please give him the win for our match. I'm also going to be away for the next two weeks, and busy for the following couple as well, so I'm thinking it might be a good idea if I'm not in the next season. May I jump back in after that, though?
    I realised something! Me being given the win guarantees my promotion, and screws Cacamas out of an opportunity to be promoted. If me and Deeky had drawn, and Cacamas wins his match, then that'll throw the three of us into a 3-way tie.

As such, and since we could have had a match scheduled on Sunday but I couldn't make it, I'm more than happy with taking a draw rather than being gifted a win.

TL;DR
    Draw is probably fairer than conceded win.

Edit: Whoops! Both Deeky and I forgot to mention our division. It's Div G!
    Last edited by Dentharial; 02-08-2012 at 07:34 AM.

The London Silly Nannies (Cha) vs The Tuftybushe Fruitcakes (Hal)

1 - 0

Well played jaysond.

Here are a few noteworthy items, from the HL coach's perspective:

• received ball, suffered yet again another blitz. I seem to be doomed to this event when first receiving.
    • things turned quickly hairy (no wonder, with that many beastmen and minotaurs) as halfling's defensive space was getting quickly invaded.
    • decided I liked the odds of 72% throw-team-mate-scoring as opposed to suffering more turns of beastmen pressure. Halfling crashed in the middle of enemy space.
    • Beastmen picked up ball on second attempt (after losing reroll) and tortoised their way to Halfling defensive space.
    • treeman took root despite of reroll.
    • Heroic double bash from desperate halfling : beastman loses ball!
    • after struggle ball finds itself in hands of chaos warrior 1 turn before end of half time.
    • Chaos warrior passes to beastman, interception fails, beastman scores.
    • Second half time starts with easy ball pickup from beastman. Tortoise behind line of chaos warriors and minotaur.
    • Treeman spots hole embeds himself in tortoise
    • Chaos coach receives unexpected visit, starts to disengage from match.
    • beastman attempts dodge, fails.
    • Halflings pick up ball, organise offense.
    • As halflings prepare to dodge their way to score, receive fireball, lose ball.
    • Unable to retreive ball as much of the team is out and one treeman have been on the floor from most of the second half time.
    • Game ends.

Yet another frustrating game. No SPP was awarded to the Hal team due to total lack of .... Anything.
    Bit frustrated of course that despite the fact that the opposing coach was a bit on and off on the second half, we gloriously failed to do anything worthwhile.
    Last edited by Kapouille; 02-08-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Cheese It!!! 3 - 1 The Top Brass

* First injury (BH) came in the first turn to my only tackler. Not a good start.
    * Two crucial plays that created the 2 TD gap:
    * On first play of game, a poor attempt at a passing move leaves catcher exposed to blitz with ball in hand.
    * Rats exploit the opportunity and counter for the first TD
    * Second half with score at 2-1, elves try to switch to right hand side of pitch but spend the vital re-roll on an unnecessary 2d block.
    * Next dice is a dodge for the thrower who falls over and the ball bounces into rat hands, TD following shortly thereafter.
    * Interesting stat from BB Manager: the rats had +24 chance for 1d6 dice, which I've never seen before.
    * Combined with the poor dodging dice for the Elves (-11), it was always going to be difficult.
    * Overall, I felt I played poorly, not managing my risk to the maximum and Gorm took full advantage.

Before the gate closes... And asuming xenny doesnt show up I'm petitioning for a default victory, I have been about a lot and have eagerly awaiting fouling</why did they get rid of strike> playing against the glass cannon norse.

So, yes, free win please.

edit: scrap this got a PM, xenny means to play at 11:30 PM? So be it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Beasts of Bembridge (Janek, Nurgle) 2 - 0 Agathis Avengers (AgP, Wood Elves)

Fresh from the demoralising death of the eponymous Beast of Bembridge, the Beasts immediately set upon their woodsy nemeses, Internal Ears causing a lineelf casualty with the first block. Opting to merely cover the awkward sideline ball until the end of the turn, their plan was foiled when the replacement Beast badly hurt himself rolling both down against the treeman. A wardancer advanced to menace the ball, but left himself in a position to be crowdsurfed. The beasts obliged, only to roll quadruple skulls for the key block, leaving the ball completely open and the wardancer marked by just one player and within scoring range.

"Oh no," said coach Janek. "Not again."

Nuffle took pity on the Beasts, however, as the wardancer fell flat on his face while trying to leap towards the uncovered ball. While the Beasts were unable to immediately pick up, due to the number of covering elves, they made swift progress in clearing the area as one elf after another was consigned to the injury box. The charge was led by Internal Ears, who completed his cas-trick in just three turns. The ball was eventually retrieved and trundled upfield, as the ever-diminishing elf team scrambled backwards, ending up with just four players as the touchdown was scored.

The elves didn't have much better luck in the second half, lining up with seven or eight versus the full Nurgle team, as the skies opened and made a mess of any attempt at a quick passing game. It turned (as it so often does for the Beasts) into an ugly scrum in the middle of the park, and the ball eventually fell into the hands of a grateful rotter. There was little the surviving elves could do as the ball rumbled towards their touchline, and they could merely watch as a crowd of rotters shielded a handoff to an unskilled nurgle warrior to run in the second touchdown and claim his first skill.

---

Some miserable block dice early on (so many skulls) but they were more than compensated for by some excellent armour rolls, and AgP rolling ones at key moments. No less than five players picked up skills for me, and I believe AgP's treeman levelled as well. Could a lovely admin validate please? I'm most eager to see what's what.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just posting my side of my Skaven vs Cacamas' HElves, i had a game that was so lucky i will never see its like again. Coupled with terrible dodge dice on Cacamas' part the game just seemed to go my way most of the time without Cacamas being able to do much about it with the dice he got.
    Last edited by Gorm; 03-08-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Heliocentric's Int'He Night Guardians - Xenny's "Xenny's Berserkers"
    It was a game of 2 halves in the classic sense, half one saw only a haldful of norse left on the pitch and 4 of the removed injured.

Half 2 saw a dead necromantic werewolf, the same not yet dead werewolf fail a gfi that would have otherwise been a second touchdown for the lead turn into a LoS throw in, which would turn into a secured norse pickup, and then turn into a risk free touchdown. I was in complete control for 11 turns and then It went to hat.

Most importantly I recruited my first player from another team, but the match was a harsh lesson is moderation, take the safe bet when you have one.

Heliocentric's Int'He Night Guardians 1 - 2 Xenny's "Xenny's Berserkers"

I seem to be scooped for league promotion by Xenny on account of points. That said, it was a great first season, cant wait to get a few skills on these beasts.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 03-08-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    the match was a harsh lesson is moderation, take the safe bet when you have one.
    Oh god the "Nuffle doesn't like greedy coaches" lesson. I have been taught that lesson over and over again but I rarely learn.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I saw the Xenny Vs Helio match, leaning over Xenny's shoulder and alternatively pulling my hair out or laughing maniacally. It was really one of those matches.

The highlight was this, and I quote from last week:

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Whats that you say, an AV9 Yheetee? Meet my mighty blow+claws+frenzy werewolf... Good times.
    That blow+claws+frenzy werewolf? Well, he mighty blowed, clawed and frenzied Xenny's yheti... and died. In the process. On the last turn. Seriously, if Helio did anything wrong, it was being totally obsessed with that yheti.