View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 326 of 415 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Macavity is gonna have fun this season - in Tier 5 with only three other teams, all of which are non-bashy, and he went with Chaos. Splattered elf, anyone?

@GC - I'd ditch the ogre and I think that the catchers are the best players on the human team. MV8 is fantastic and you can build them to be super annoying/useful. Agi has all the annoying skills like side step, DT, shadowing (good with MV8). Get a couple with DT and your elf problems will get a lot more manageable.

You also don't have to Pass to them, catch works on handoffs too and with AG 3 on the throwers is a bit more reliable.

@Everblue - All my replays from the DoD are up on BBmanager. Also this thread has tons of match reports, but sorting through 300+ pages is a bit daunting. Also as you've noticed pretty much everyone is more than happy to talk (at length) about their team or their view on how to develop X team or Y player.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I've got a good thrower already (accurate + strong arm), which helps - and there's not much you can do to a human catcher to make them better at catching, really, unless you go for NoS or diving catch (or roll +ag!). Diving tackle/tackle would be lovely for some anti-elf abilities, as would shadowing (although DT + shadowing aren't a good combination as you have to choose one?). I've also got some good pass block/diving tackle plans to mark up receivers in the backfield which would be annoying. I've basically been waiting for some SPPs on my catchers for 2 seasons now, but to no avail, so I'm refocussing the team on the catchers to try and get some development going again.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Agi has all the annoying skills like side step, DT, shadowing (good with MV8). Get a couple with DT and your elf problems will get a lot more manageable.
    Shadowing is General though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    ... but sorting through 300+ pages is a bit daunting. Also as you've noticed pretty much everyone is more than happy to talk (at length) about their team or their view on how to develop X team or Y player.
    Now we’ve got our own section in the forum we really should start race specific threads for these discussions. There is a lot of good advice buried in this thread with no hope of ever being found by a coach in need. Race specific tactics/build threads wouldn’t be all that busy so wouldn’t swamp the active threads page but neither would they be lost with the limited number of active threads in the BB section.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You do have to choose one but i'm pretty sure you get to choose every time you do the shadowing. So you could follow for a square or two then do diving tackle. But yea they are good together really.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Macavity is gonna have fun this season - in Tier 5 with only three other teams, all of which are non-bashy, and he went with Chaos. Splattered elf, anyone?
    I'll have to rename them as 'Khornes Killers' is taken... but the team motto is 'Blood for the Blood God!'

*evil laugh*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I though people might like to know - Cyanide are looking for testers of a new beta patch which hopes to fix the synch errors. Instructions on how to get the beta build are given beyond the link.

Note that only players with the Steam version of the game can participate, and updating will mean you can only play against players who are also in the beta.

However... progress! Maybe!
    Last edited by Screwie; 06-08-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Derp, yes, shadowing is general. But still players with GA access are the most annoying (blodge, SS, shadowing, DT, tackle = horrible).

Anyway, as Gorm mentioned shadowing and DT go well together. You get to choose what to use so you can see if DT make them fall over. If it won't then do shadowing and you might get another chance to apply DT.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
    I'll have to rename them as 'Khornes Killers' is taken... but the team motto is 'Blood for the Blood God!'

*evil laugh*
    Khorne's Kittens?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    That's already the motto of my challenge league Lizard team, Sporting Lizbon:
    Blood for the Blood God! (By which we mean Kukulcan the Serpent God)

On the plus side, I deleted "Just one Khornetto" a while ago, so that name might be available.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 06-08-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Network Hub
    I will also note that strategic use of spaces can steal you a name that is otherwise taken. Just obviously be sure that the original holder of the name isn't also in the Divisions, or that could get confusing.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Khorne's Kittens?
    Ended up as Khorne's Killers!

In my first trial online game with my *other* chaos team my minotaur died on turn *one* tripping over on a GFI roll, and the apothecary roll came up as dead... I started the match with a team value of 1000 and finished it with a team value of 720. Nuffle loves me.

Ended up as Khorne's Killers!

In my first trial online game with my *other* chaos team my minotaur died on turn *one* tripping over on a GFI roll, and the apothecary roll came up as dead... I started the match with a team value of 1000 and finished it with a team value of 720. Nuffle loves me.
    Considering the complete absence of starting skills on chaos I wouldnt start with the mino - your team will be unreliable enough as it is. 4 warriors is plenty of meat plus a st4 blitz anywhere on the pitch with the beasties. Squeeze in as many rerolls as possible to help lessen the turnover pain.

Hey is that Macavity from fumbbl?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Considering the complete absence of starting skills on chaos I wouldnt start with the mino - your team will be unreliable enough as it is. 4 warriors is plenty of meat plus a st4 blitz anywhere on the pitch with the beasties. Squeeze in as many rerolls as possible to help lessen the turnover pain.
    1m, 2cw, 8 beasties, 1 apo 2 rerolls. reliability is for wimps :p

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Hey is that Macavity from fumbbl?
    Fraid not. When I GM'd a nwn server for 18 months it was my GM tag. Forum names are a pain in the arse >.<

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    1m, 2cw, 8 beasties, 1 apo 2 rerolls. reliability is for wimps :p
    That is exactly the line-up I always use. Coincidentally you are my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Im predicting an all khemri division with a bonus fodder team
    goddamnit im the fodder team.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    That is exactly the line-up I always use. Coincidentally you are my hero.
    Minotaurs are a way to spend your own gold to cause turnovers on your own team; why not just save the money and roll a dice every turn, and throw the ball out of bounds if it comes up 1?