View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 327 of 415 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,540 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    goddamnit im the fodder team.
    Oof, that is a crunchy division you're in.

Meanwhile I have Dwarfs to contend with, which I don't think my team has faced before and will make a mockery of all my blodgers. But at least the rest of Division F is soft enough, Lizards and Woodies.

I am a little worried about the amount of inducements I'll be giving away though...

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Minotaurs are a way to spend your own gold to cause turnovers on your own team; why not just save the money and roll a dice every turn, and throw the ball out of bounds if it comes up 1?
    I think I see the problem. Why are you giving your minotaur the ball?

:P

Obscure Node
    My minotaur progression plan goes something like Tentacles, Claw, Juggernaught, Piling On, with Block in there if I ever get the chance. He's just there to break people...

I'm currently squeaking in the corner at the thought of playing Alistairs humies. Rematch against Brain and a developing nurgle side should be fun though

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    High Elves, Goblins and a fresh Human team with an ogre - I think my Kazahk Chairmen can live with that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Christ, look at division 2...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    So, yes, for those of you wondering, the draw has been completed! Much fun and merriment was had in the steam chat as usual. Everyone has been assigned a division - Go see who you've got, and get an application in in-game. Remember to take your team out of the old division first before you apply!

ADMINS: Need a Division M creating from one of you, can I have a volunteer?

NEW GUYS: Division M is hopefully on its way

EVERYONE: We might need a filler team in div M, bribes to the usual location, or any other lurking new players, we've got a free slot!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Applied to division K. Thanks

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    I'm going to be contrary and say that I love having a developed ogre, partly for fluff reasons and partly for play. Humans don't get anybody else quite that strong or tough and I like having the option of tieing up a big guy, or rolling three dice blocks, and especially grab. Grab is awesome with a fleet of catchers as it keeps the eternal dream of one-turning alive.
    Put Grab on a Blitzer not the Ogre. A one turn touch down is low percentage enough as it is without adding both a Bonehead and unreliable Block re-roll to the mix.

I'vbe just switched to a 4 Catcher setup (but keeping my Guard, Stand Firm, Break Tackle Ogre). The end result was a 4 - 4 match with Screwie.

I desperately need to skillup 2 of the catchers with Diving Tackle and shit like that to. Running 4 catchers makes you clsoe to crazy unstoppable on offence - a 2 turn touchdown is nearly a guarantee unless your opponent wants to run so many players back to cover the catchers you blitz through that you can win the bash battle up front or deploy so deep you can bash effectively anyways.

But my defensive game is now weak.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 06-08-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Oh god, champions division, we meet again. Invincible wonder lizards, freakish stat-up elves, and grinn's death orcs.

Hrmmm.

Applied to B. Looking forward to the rematch with 20phoenix. Our last game saw me have both the worst and best luck I've had in a single match.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post

EVERYONE: We might need a filler team in div M, bribes to the usual location, or any other lurking new players, we've got a free slot!
    I will gladly put a skaven team into division M. However, I would be playing to win, and the team would contain a Rat Ogre. Oh yes indeedy it would.
    If you do let me enter such a team, I will use a pun I have been saving up: "Rats Entertainment".

Also: Jesus tap-dancing Christ on a tandem, what did I do to deserve Division 2? Dwarfs, Chaos, and Nurgle? Gads.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 06-08-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
    My minotaur progression plan goes something like Tentacles, Claw, Juggernaught, Piling On, with Block in there if I ever get the chance. He's just there to break people...
    You'd probably be better off skipping Tentacles with that build. Tentacles will help keep guys next to him, but with jugg you'll be blitzing anyway and claw/jugg will give faster SPP from cas.

If you want to build a road block with tentacles, stand firm, guard, grab that is the other popular option, but doesn't seem to be what you're looking for.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Also: Jesus tap-dancing Christ on a tandem, what did I do to deserve Division 2? Dwarfs, Chaos, and Nurgle? Gads.
    Whoever has the most claw will have the most fun opening all the tin cans. I don't feel sorry for the dwarfs at all though.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Applied to Div I with the rebooted team - looks like a decent division for a starting human team - Wood Elves, High Elves and some Goblins to hurt.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    I'm currently squeaking in the corner at the thought of playing Alistairs humies. Rematch against Brain and a developing nurgle side should be fun though
    My Humans are no where near as scary as their TV suggests. They are bloatey in the extreme because I love my mans too much to cut them loose.

Applied to Div 1.

Not sure if I dodged a bullet by avoiding the other bashy teams (Div 2 is frankly horrible looking) so I get to be the bashy team, or if I've rolled up skulls and face ball-handling (ish) teams who will likely not play nice and stand still to get punched.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Skaven, Skaven, Halflings, and Dark Elves. Is it strange that i am most concerned about the bashing i will get from the halfling treemen?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Skaven, Skaven, Halflings, and Dark Elves. Is it strange that i am most concerned about the bashing i will get from the halfling treemen?
    Not at all. Perhaps bad memories from our match? ;)

(beware, Zoraster is a much better player than I am)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea i was afraid of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Yea i was afraid of that.
    What's your TV?