View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 337 of 415 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 8290
    Tackle maybe? Frenzy seems alright as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Jarvis/Janek; have you guys agreed on an admin result for your game eaten by Cyanide?

Bunch of games validated and divisions rolled where possible.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    My norse leveled a lino who already has +1 ST. Haven't rolled yet, but assuming that he doesn't get a stat-up, what general skill should I take? I was thinking frenzy to make him fit with the rest of the frenzy'ing team.

Thoughts?
    No (other) lino doubles yet so avoid frenzy like the plague. Until you've got enough guard and/or fend linos to allow you to properly support your ST access frenzy players it is suicidal to add more. You need to be able to defuse frenzy traps first. For the record I wouldn't have considered taking the strength on that lineman. You'd have got far more value out of guard letting your ST access players do their thing.

Not sure what your best option is at this point. 110k is a hell of a lot of TV for what will be a pretty lightweight player no matter what option you take. You badly need fend on your lineman but with that huge TV bloat invested in the strength it will be a bit of a waste reducing him to support player... maybe give him frenzy and use him as a proxy Ulf for the next few games while you are getting the TDs to get Block on them then sack him. Unless he rolls further doubles or stats he has no prospect of pulling his weight in TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Oi!

There's a bug in the DoD Spreadsheet for Fixtures & Results, Division I: Sketchseven appears two times where it should be Cacamas instead. This results in some funny stuff on the Table page as well.
    Looks like someone fixed it...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Looks like someone fixed it...
    Didn't you fix it a week ago? If it has managed to both break and fix again in the interim it adds further weight to my Sketch is a Gremlin theory.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Thanks very much.

(I have a third player with block! Praise be!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Myself and Grinn are hoping to play our champs match ASAP. (he's currently moving house) we may need a day or two extension if possible. (but we may not)

Quote Originally Posted by somanyrobots View Post
    An excellent game! One which I really did not deserve to win, to be honest. Des had poor luck with his blocks all game long, and the second half was just an endless series of calamities for Des, and madcap stunts from me that all found favor in Nuffle's eyes. He was an extremely pleasant opponent, and very gracious.
    Congrats on the win.

Truth of the matter is that I got overconfident. In the 2nd half with more players on the pitch (with both your WWs and a FG off) I became confident in my ability to score, hence going for the hand-off to get SPPs where I needed them. Obviously Nuffle laughs at confidence!

My wife used to refer to Blood Bowl as "that game where I swear a lot!" But I've been playing some friendlies with a vamp team, which is certainly helping me more graciously accept Nuffle's fickle nature.

Good game... will get you next time...

Didn't you fix it a week ago? If it has managed to both break and fix again in the interim it adds further weight to my Sketch is a Gremlin theory.
    I thought I had, but Wolf's post was only from late last week, leading me to believe that it may be SketchGremlin up to his tricks again...

;)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Not sure if I like the reputation I'm getting here.

Network Hub
    Jarvis/Janek; have you guys agreed on an admin result for your game eaten by Cyanide?

0-2 to Janek please, we did finish the game with that score I just had my blokes resurected by cyanide.

For the record I wouldn't have considered taking the strength on that lineman. You'd have got far more value out of guard letting your ST access players do their thing.
    Really, you'd pass up a strength increase?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Really, you'd pass up a strength increase?
    Yeah, this isn't the artificial MM environment where every point of TV is critical, a Strength 4 piece with block and Agility 3 is pretty sweet no matter how you look at it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If you don't get a double, I'd grab take Tackle or Strip Ball and use him as a defensive blitzer ST4 is gives you a solid advantage against almost any runner.

If you do get that double, Guard and a place in the LoS for sure. Then grab Fend next.

Norse don't really suffer from a lot of TV bloat as their players are pretty inexpensive to begin with.

I'd go with tackle on a regular skill or guard on doubles.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

It seems Nuffle has decided to be gracious in recompense for my loss against Hutton. Not only did my Beast get MVP and finally get his first skill, he also rolled doubles (snake eyes, to be precise)! So he now has Block. Wooooo. :D

Of course, this means I still have no Guard at all. . .

Quote Originally Posted by smaug81 View Post
    It seems Nuffle has decided to be gracious in recompense for my loss against Hutton. Not only did my Beast get MVP and finally get his first skill, he also rolled doubles (snake eyes, to be precise)! So he now has Block. Wooooo. :D

Of course, this means I still have no Guard at all. . .
    My poor rats :(

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug81 View Post
    So he now has Block. Wooooo. :D
    I think pro's better than block for big guys. It's only a slightly worse chance of a turnover on a block (~18% without anything, ~10% with pro, ~6% with block), and you get to reroll really stupid without wasting a TRR. Of course, it doesn't help if he gets blocked himself...
    Last edited by cyberpunkdreams; 20-08-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    I thought I had, but Wolf's post was only from late last week, leading me to believe that it may be SketchGremlin up to his tricks again...

;)
    I'm the gremlin this time. I fixed it this morning (by adding a missing NOEXPAND), but forgot to say so here.

Network Hub
    I've got three players injured with mng, and my TV dropped by 450k. The Gladiators' total value is already 1800! When did they get so big? My boys are all grown up...