View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 339 of 415 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Through attrition and superior coaching proxyMaths undead beat my helfs with a comfortable 2-0, very well played that man

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    So it seems as if Day 1 has ended yesterday. How is the situation with the extensions? I know that Graever and Patser would like a few days extra, what about the other divisions with unplayed games?.
    Bar Division M they are all scheduled for today with one possibly going into tomorrow so no worries there. As far as M is concerned Sollitus hasn't replied in the groups thread, but I just checked and it doesn't look like he has joined the group yet. Macavity have you guys been arranging elsewhere?

Solitus is around but just an idiot. I will poke him tonight

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    /Obligatory grumpy post about organising your games, and how having to play a game every week-and-a-bit shouldn't be a surprise when you sign up to a league that involves playing a game every week and a bit.
    Grumble mutter mutter.

Stop grumble mutter muttering to yourself old man
    Last edited by LowKey; 21-08-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: what is love, baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Stop grumble mutter muttering to yourself old man
    He's right, grumble directly at the people who deserve it.

Actually, I'm fine with an extended deadline every now and then but I agree that sometimes a little bit of planning goes a long way to prevent unnecessary delays.
    Forum janitor in training.

JayTee and I played out div1 match to a 1-1 draw between his Khemri and my Necro.

Things started off well for me and went progressively downhill throughout the match.

JayTee received and I got a blitz result and managed to get a wolf under the ball. There was a big scrum around the ball as JayTee cleared the ball, then failed to pick it up. Eventually I managed some lucky bounced and was able to scoop it up with a wolf and score. At this point a couple zombies had been KOd/injured and a ghoul got a -1agi.

Second Khemri drive they line up and JayTee continues to fail to pickup the ball while some punching ensues. More necros get broken and the half ends 1-0.

I line up to receive with 9 players to the full 11 Khemri. Things continue to go downhill and eventually I'm down to only 5 players on the pitch and JayTee walks it in without too much trouble on T15.

I set up to try a 1ttd with my MV9 wolf with 7 total players on the pitch for me. A pitch invasion makes things difficult, but I manage to arrange the 2 pushes on the wolf to get him in GFI range (thank you sidestep). The other wolf then goes to pick up the ball and fails, the end.

Like I said things started good with the blitz, were pretty ok trading some cas and KO for a TD, then went in the pooper as my mans got injured while failing all sorts of d6 rolls and not breaking any of the juicy av7 of the skeletons.

In sad news the ghoul Joan of Arc II will be retiring. In her distinguished career she played 6 games, got 5 stuns, 2 KOs , injured 3 times, and earned 0 spp. Joan of Arc III will have big shoes to fill.

In similar news I'd also like to note Baron Blitzkrieg ("recruited" from CH) has now gone 21 matches without a single SPP.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Clone High (Necro - Potatoedoughnut) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khemri - Me)

1 - 1

A fairly good reflection of the match in the scoreline, but not a reflection of the casualty line.

First half was Clone High's for sure, with a Blitz on their kickoff giving them the position to put extensive pressure on the Comics. In classic Khemri fashion the Comics spent most of their first drive failing to pick up the ball, not quite reaching their current record of 5 failures in a row but 3 turns of fumbling left the team (and coach!) utterly frustrated. Clone High get the breakthrough they need with some effective chain-blocks and a wolf runs in the TD with minimal faff.

Receiving again the Comics snaffle an extra RR and with 3 turns left to score can potentially level the score, but again the Thro-Ra fluffs the pickup and burns a useful turn. Clone High move to stop the push and despite the Thro-Ra finally finding the ball, the Comics fail to get enough forward momentum to get in range of scoring. A last-minute elfball moment fails when the only player in range to score fails his GFI and re-roll and hits the floor an agonising 1 square from the endzone.

The commiseration from the first half was the casualty line, with the comics battering the Zombies and handing out a -AG to the Ghoul taking a single BH (Which regen-ed) Skeleton in the process.

The second half opened up with a High Kick putting a Wight directly under the ball to a successful catch. Shoving and pushing around the LoS gives Clone High an opportunity but a failed dodge leading to a BH Wight spills the ball into a cluster of Khemri. Despite another fluffed pickup from the Comics, the casualties begin to mount up and the Khemri aided by some unlucky dodges and a crucial KO on a Wolf, break through the lines. A moment of analysis paralysis leaves the Thro-Ra dangling by the endzone with a single GFI with no possible RRs between him and levelling the line, and eventually he romps over to level the scores.

Clone High face up needing a 1TTD to win, and the kick goes to a pitch invasion which stuns 2 of their meagre line but crucially leaves a Wolf up. With some chain pushes Clone High get their Wolf in range, the second Wolf runs in to grab the ball and fails the pickup ending their hopes of a win. The last cast of the dice is a Tomb Guardian managing a Both Down/Skull which ends the match.

Fun match, with some really mixed luck for both teams. Clone High had some good luck with the Blitz and some decent Blocks, but only broke armour a handful of times and fluffed a number of 'simple' Dodges. The Comics had terrible luck with picking up the ball (9 failures in the match, a 1-in-512 result...) but really had the luck with armour rolls almost consistently injuring or KOing Zombies.

Nothing to write home about with the SPPs and MVPs, no player injured, so the Comics go into the next match with a full team.

Fun match, the bashing power of the Tomb Guardians gave me the numbers advantage I needed when the idiot Thro-Ras just couldn't pick up the ball. Man I'd give my left arm for +AG on a Thro-Ra.

Obscure Node
    Ive tried joining the group but i guess it has to be approved first and me and mac have been using steam to arrange our match....should be later today.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Through attrition and superior coaching proxyMaths undead beat my helfs with a comfortable 2-0, very well played that man
    Well, you're playing my gobbos next, so I hope he gave you a bit of a blooding in the process! ;)

Late match report

The Rakish Rodents (Skaven, INinja132) - Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git (Orc, Squirrelfanatic)

To be perfectly honest, I was really surprised to face a team that was ~500TV ahead of mine in this Division, given that

a) the match was played in the lowest tier and
    b) my own Orcs are already sitting at 1500TV!

So, 2000TV Skaven then. "Woopiedo", I thought to myself having exptected to see some undeveloped rats on the pitch. "What a pleasant surprise. Good thing that I've got... *going through the team roster* one Tackle player to stop the dodging hordes from rampaging through my defense." So I went into the match with a weird feeling in my guts, the memory of the last meetup with a Skaven team last season still fresh and vivid. Oh, and with a bunch of bribes and Ripper as hired muscles.

After some initial Cyanide-related troubles, INinja and me managed to get a game running, with the RPS crew receiving the kick-off in the first half. I have to say that I was quite lucky with both my Block and my Injury rolls throughout the entire game. The Black Orcs slowly worked through the first Linerats, the Blitzers marked and blitzed reliably, my Thrower managed to pick up the ball without much trouble (well, Sure Hands saved me some time), and even Redox, my Troll, behaved and managed to pin INinjas frightening lvl5 Rat Ogre down.

Throughout the half there were some situations that looked critical to me and several times, the Rodents managed to get one or even two players next to my ballcarrier and pulled off some nice attempts to blitz the ball loose. But in the end, the Orcs were able to maintain formation and grind through the enemies' side of the pitch for a late turn 8 touchdown.

At this point, two rats were already lying in the injury box, right next to a decently filled KO dugout that still housed two players after the halftime. The Orcs began to cheer.

The second half started off with a Blitz event in my favour, showing that Nuffle indeed likes to see people (like, say, Rat Ogres) suffer (like, say, getting pushed into the crowd). This of course didn't make the game any easier for the offense. Nevertheless, the rats' coach kept his cool and kept the ball in his team's possession up until the moment when a ballsy (pun intended) attempt at a 10-squares pass was intercepted by the (t)rusty Blitzer Lambchops who couldn't believe his silly luck.

What followed was a mad dash for the Rodents' TD zone which successfully resulted in a second touchdown for the Orcs in turn 14. Having only two turns left to score at least once, INinja's ratmen put heads together for a moment before setting up for what was to be the last kick-off of the game. An instant later the ball flew in a high arc over the Line of Scrimmage, right off the pitch - touchback. In a final assault, rats piled on the weakest link in the Orcish defense - a pair of loosely connected Blitzers. A quick Blitz and the way was clear for another mad passing play. This time, no Orc was in position for an intercept.

Like a furry Highelf, the Skaven player launched the ball straight across 9 squares into the claws of a fellow rodent - bullseye! One turn later, a quick sprint changed a potential no-score game into the final result of 2-1 for the RPS Allstars.

Thanks for the match INinja, well played. Had I been just a bit less lucky with removing your guys from the pitch, the game might have gone a very different direction.
    Forum janitor in training.

Also i only noticed in game that i spelt renaissance wrong :-(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Thro-Ras just couldn't pick up the ball. Man I'd give my left arm for +AG on a Thro-Ra.
    If you roll a double why not give him an extra left arm.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Khemri dont have mutation access thank the lord

Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    Having just lost to NieA7 (damn that final turn touchdown :-) ) with my Lizards, I found that ST4 zombie much harder to deal with than a guard one would have been. It tied up a guard block saurus for most of the game, whereas I'd have happily pushed around a guard one. As I was in the irritating position of having 90 less tv, him having guard instead wouldn't have changed anything there either.

(And as there were 0 KO's all game, the babe was even more useless than usual ...)
    I was meaning to write this game up but I never got round to it. A draw would've been a fair result but my Ag4 ghoul had been playing out of his skin all match so I thought a stupid elf-play TD was worth a try - dodge into two tackle zones, pick up in the same, dodge into tackle zone, dodge free and two GFIs. As it turned out I didn't even need a team re-roll: what a guy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Oops, mixed up.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Me and Dentharial just finished, so Div. D is ready to roll on.

I really like my skaven, they're probably the team I have had the most fun with. Also giving the rat ogre pro was a good decison (today at least).

Nothing to write home about with the SPPs and MVPs, no player injured, so the Comics go into the next match with a full team.
    I lied.

A Tomb Guardian handed out an injury so becomes my second level 4 Tomb Guardian. With Mighty Blow/Guard on him already and a miserable normal roll, it was a toss-up between Stand Firm or Grab. While I've quite liked Grab on my other Mighty Blow/Guard Tomb Guardian, I decide to mix it up a bit and play around with Stand Firm as I find it quite frustrating to play against, so figure it'll be even more annoying on an ST5 Roadblock.

I figure this gives me a Mighty Blow/Guard/Grab player on the LoS for Offence and a Mighty Blow/Guard/Stand Firm player for Defence which sounds quite nice.

I lied.

A Tomb Guardian handed out an injury so becomes my second level 4 Tomb Guardian. With Mighty Blow/Guard on him already and a miserable normal roll, it was a toss-up between Stand Firm or Grab. While I've quite liked Grab on my other Mighty Blow/Guard Tomb Guardian, I decide to mix it up a bit and play around with Stand Firm as I find it quite frustrating to play against, so figure it'll be even more annoying on an ST5 Roadblock.

I figure this gives me a Mighty Blow/Guard/Grab player on the LoS for Offence and a Mighty Blow/Guard/Stand Firm player for Defence which sounds quite nice.
    Nice?!!! That sounds horrendous!!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Stand Firm is the pro choice. Two players with Stand Firm and Guard make cage breaking vastly, vastly harder

Stnad Firm is the strength version of Side Step, any time your oponent doesn't roll a knock down you can guarantee they are swearing at the screen.