View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 342 of 415 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I love the rat ogre and hate the minotaur: despite their similarities the teams they are on make them entirely different propositions. I think a rat ogre helps a skaven team while a mino hinders a chaos one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I love the rat ogre and hate the minotaur: despite their similarities the teams they are on make them entirely different propositions. I think a rat ogre helps a skaven team while a mino hinders a chaos one.
    Funny thing, a Mino is better than Nurgle beast, but again within the context of the team I find the the beast is flawless.I guess it is more reliable when it comes to "just standing up".
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Pinged Macavity on steam, but g/f family emergency has come up, no way I'll be able to get our game in before deadline. Fine with the forfeit to him

Skydancer and I played out Div G match tonight.

Skydancer Khemri vs Chadsexington Norse

----
    1st Half
    ----

Skydancer comes in minus one block TG while I come in with a full compliment. Each of us has strength-ups (thro-ra vs lineman/blitzer) and a spare.

Skydancer wins toss and elects to receive. I place my front line in the hopes that he'll mash through with his TGs and give me a few free hits. He doesn't take the bait and lines up just skele's to match my linemen.

Kick is off, short, right by the line and already marked by one of my LoS linemen. Bonus for skydancer gives him an extra reroll.

Skydancer makes short work of my front line, forms a cage, scoops the ball without a problem, and retreats into the cage.

The cage slowly grinds forwards but does not make a lot of progress. The norse are well positioned but not within easy striking distance.

The two teams spend a few turns trading hits but Skydancer is not making much progress. A series of hero-one die frenzy blocks leads to a double against one of the corner cage TGs, opening up a wide area. The norse mash in around the empty spaces as much as possible, but are unable to position their yeti, as he is kept busy by a single skeleton.

The norse score a temporary break and surf the +1ST throw-ra. Its very short lived as the wolf who pushed him out is pushed out himself and injured with a temporary case of being dead. An apoth fixes that, however.

The next turn the norse get a reprieve by knocking a blitz-ra into the ballcarrying throw-ra into the range of a yeti, who knocks him on his ass, and out. Skydancer's Khemri now have no real ball carriers to their name and have only two turns to get a TD. As a bonus they also manage to straight up kill Skydancer's Tackle blitz-ra. That felt good.

Skydancer gets a few lucky injury rolls and KO's half my team and injures my other wolf all within two turns. The match - previously looking like a lock after the first half, quickly turned into a dicey proposal if I did not get good recovery rolls.

My yeti finally gets a chance to redeem himself and use that claw+MB+frenzy to get some hits on a TG. He scores the first one as a push and the second as a both down. "Hey, I figure, I've got CLAW+MB, this could be good". Yes, it was good, for skydancer, as my yeti is KO'd. Useless POS.

Skydancer manages to pick up the ball with a blitz-ra, runs his full movement, and perfect passes it to a skeleton who blows the catch. Thankfully the ball lands just to his left and he doesn't have enough movement to pick it up AND run it in.

----
    2nd Half
    ----

Second half starts with 10 Khemri vs 8 Norse. Not too bad, I think, maybe do-able. Things quickly turn for the worse as I start losing more players to knockouts. I'm down a yeti, my +1ST blitzer, and two linemen at this point.

And I blow the pickup.

Next turn I lose another lineman and Skydancer starts putting pressure on my half-dozen team members, all smushed up around the right side.

I start turn 12 (13?) with all my players in contact with at least one of Skydancer's khemri, and all of them are double against blocks, thanks to two guarding skeletons and a guard TG.

I start pushing everyone away with dodges and lucky one die blocks. I manage to get an incredibly lucky series of rolls which allows my sidestepping blodger (who managed to pick up the ball) to run up the left sideline, including two GFI without rerolls. Thankfully he is now out of range of any unmarked khemri.

Skydancers agression is working against him now as he only has two players anywhere near my runner, a skele and a TG, and neither can get a hit this turn.

Skydancer takes out some anger by pounding the various markers i've left behind - at this point I remarked that it didn't really matter that all my players have block cause he seems to always get that POW. He laughs as his block skele gets a bothdown against my non-block wolf.

So my ballcarrying blodging sidestepping runner beelines straight up the sidelines, including two more GFIs to force the TG to make one to mark, two to hit.

Skydancer chooses only to mark with the TG and attack my blodging ballcarrier with an unskilled skele ... and gets a POW. And an injury. -1 AV. Crapitty crap crap crap.

The ball lands out of bounds and starts bouncing around wildly, eventually landing near the LoS. Skydancer has two turns to get a TD and it looks like he *might* pull it off. He's moved up a thro-ra to within 1 turn of a TD and only needs to make a pickup to handoff. He fails.

I promptly skull out, giving skydancer one last chance to run it in, provided he can make the pickup with his blitzra, hand off to a skeleton, run the full movement, and throw to the thro-ra.

Aaaaanad, no, he fails. I would have banged my head against the wall in frustration if he had actually made that with the khemri.

Skydancer's Khemri 0 - Chadsexington's Norse - 0.

GG Skydancer, t'was a fun game. I hope you name your next blitz-ra after me
    Last edited by chadsexington; 29-08-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Heh, that blitz-ra pass (accurate!) to the skeleton was on the 7th turn! On the second half I blew a handoff with the same blitz-ra.
    I admit I didn't know what I was doing trying to get a side cage against four frenzy players in the first half, I guess I got what I deserved (plus that effing blodge ss runner always around)!
    I had a lot of fun bashing and getting bashed around the pitch, we had some tense moments and I got two skillups (one of the guard skellies and the other blitz-ra - which will get tackle! Lol!). Cheers, mate.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Aggressive Negotiation (Liz, Karanraz) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)

With 2 deaths (including one of my disreputable guard bastards) and 1 MNG, I was going into this match outnumbered and as the underdog for the first time in a long time. Despite my misfortunes I was still 11-strong so I hired a lineman for a sub and still had enough inducements for an apoth and a babe.

Karandraz' team was full of level 4+ players, including a ton of Mighty Blow and a pair of skinks with MA boosts and sprint. I was expecting both the scoreline and the casualty race to get away from me quickly. However... he only had five skinks, and I immediately knew to take 1-2 of those out would be the key to my gameplan. As a bonus, a couple of his saurus were pretty banged up - one had ST3, another had a niggle - and he only had one Guard player on the whole team. If I could tie that guy up...

In the end it turned into a bit of a rout. Karandraz had some really bad luck on the block die and didn't get to land nearly as many Mighty Blows as he should have. He failed a couple of crucial Break Tackle rolls. Meanwhile I kept his sole Guard occupied most of the match with a lineman punching bag, and deprived his half-cages of that much needed support that would have prevented me from getting all those 2D blocks on the skink ball carriers.

I never broke the armour to good effect on the saurus, and the only gang foul opportunity I had on his MA 9 player was on turn 8, when I also had the option to get 2-0 ahead. I took the TD, and then scored again in the second half anyway.

Final Score: 3-0 to the Pool.

Injuries:
    • The Pool - just one BH on one of my guard bastards. I never used either of my apothecaries.
    • Negotiation - one rookie skink dead, one not-so-rookie skink took a -1 AV (which the apoth helpfully rerolled to dead). The really speedy ones escapes unharmed, though.
    Last edited by Screwie; 29-08-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quick reminder chaps, week 2 ends tomorrow! (Also, I'm back from hols. Was nice!)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Welcome back!
    And that's good timing, since I am scheduled to play Janek this evening.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What would people suggest for a stormvermin who has +1 st, block, tackle, mighty blow? On a normal roll. They get general and strength access.

Or for a gutterrunner with block, dodge, sidestep? On a normal roll. They get general and agi.

Personally I'd get guard on that vermin - the extra strength will make him hard to shift. Another alternative would be stand firm for the same reason. Stand firm plus tackle would make him extra annoying at marking a small, dodgy thing.

For the gutter runner you could consider diving tackle, or fend, depending on whether you want him to defend or be safe. Fend plus sidestep is super annoying to blitz.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Guard is always nice, for a more offensive punch give him frenzy and make the sidelines unsafe, less appealing maybe if you already got a rat ogre.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    GC - Welcome back from hols. You will be delighted to hear that matters are hotting up in Group K, where three of the four teams could still clinch promotion - Wink vs Dissident will be the headline event, where I am hoping for Dissident's battered birds to grab an unlikely win, which will grant me promotion if I can somehow beat Joose's dwarves by about 3 points.

Or you could make the 'vermin a murderer with Piling On and hope for a double to get Claw?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Guard is always nice, for a more offensive punch give him frenzy and make the sidelines unsafe, less appealing maybe if you already got a rat ogre.
    I'm with Pier. Stand Firm is great too, but as a second skill to frenzy. Frenzy gives you twice the chances to hurt the enemy, and makes the opponent fear the sidelines.

Guard is always a good choice, especially as one of the only three players on the team with normal roll access to it.

Take the guard on the stormvermin. Your linerats rarely stay alive long enough to hang onto it should they roll doubles so stormvermin are the most likely ones to have it.

I'd go with Jiiiiiiim on the gutter choices too. In fact I could have shortened this post into " I agree with Jiiiim"

May or may not need an extension for my game against Alistair. I've got another private league game at 7pm tonight but free from 9pm. Not available at all tomorrow so it depends on Mr Huttons schedule

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    May or may not need an extension for my game against Alistair. I've got another private league game at 7pm tonight but free from 9pm. Not available at all tomorrow so it depends on Mr Huttons schedule
    That's too late a start for me tonight on short notice. Given that you aren't free tomorrow we should default the game to not hold up the league.

EDIT: BTW 20pheonix do you know there is a community group with sub forums for organising the games? I haven't seen you posting in the Division B board.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 29-08-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Yup - Guard on the stormvermin (SF is a good followup) and DT on the gutter (shadowing is a good followup).
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Obscure Node
    Hey... DeekyFun and I are going to need an extension of a day or two I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    EDIT: BTW 20pheonix do you know there is a community group with sub forums for organising the games? I haven't seen you posting in the Division B board.
    Don't worry, we won't get the bricks out for that.

For a first offence.