View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

    12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

    9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

    20 48.78%
Page 343 of 415 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 8290
  1. #6841
    Lesser Hivemind Node 20phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    That's too late a start for me tonight on short notice. Given that you aren't free tomorrow we should default the game to not hold up the league.

    EDIT: BTW 20pheonix do you know there is a community group with sub forums for organising the games? I haven't seen you posting in the Division B board.
    First time I havent used the boards really! Stands to reason its the first game i've failed to organise. If the rest are happy for an extension i'd prefer to play. I want to earn my relegation!!

  2. #6842
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,615
    Janek's Nurgle Mans and my Chaos Mans played some blood bowl today.
    It wasn't a game for fans of passing. Or scoring. Or, y'know, competence.
    His Beast had the ball for nearly half the game. (It spilled into the beast's tentacles twice, and it rolled 6 both times).
    Twice Janek got a two dicer on my ball carrier in my back field, and twice he got two skulls. My Ag4 mans tried twice to pass to each other, safely away from the Zones Of Nurgle Nerf, and both times the recipient spilled it.

    The game finished 0-0. One of my mans had a MNG but otherwise it was all KOs and BHs.

    Surprisingly enjoyable for a game in which nothing really happened.

  3. #6843
    Network Hub The Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    His Beast had the ball for nearly half the game. (It spilled into the beast's tentacles twice, and it rolled 6 both times).
    That very same beast actually scored a game winning touchdown against me a couple of seasons ago. It must have eaten an elf catcher at some point.

  4. #6844
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    558
    Actually it's a different beast - the first one was murdered last season, much to my sorrow.

  5. #6845
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    87
    The Rakish Rodents (INinja132) 2-2 The Codsbottom Brawlers (Graever)

    A pretty good match all told, with plenty of good plays from both teams. Could possibly have been a Skaven victory for me, other than a questionable decision to make the match more exciting by pushing the ball out of bounds on the 14th turn. Still, Graever would likely have been able to score anyways I reckon, as my line was pretty weak already.

    Lots of KOs on the humans, but to make up for it they killed two Skaven, fortunately the backup thrower was revived to a miss next game, with only the new linerat ending his career early.

    Good game, thanks a lot Graever!

  6. #6846
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    First time I havent used the boards really! Stands to reason its the first game i've failed to organise. If the rest are happy for an extension i'd prefer to play. I want to earn my relegation!!
    If an extension is given then I could possibly play on Friday evening from 6:30 pm onwards.

  7. #6847
    Network Hub JayTee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australialand
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Actually it's a different beast - the first one was murdered last season, much to my sorrow.
    Which utter bastard did that?

    Ahem.

  8. #6848
    Network Hub DeekyFun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    232
    Xenny and I are going to try and play our game late tonight. Depends on how late/intoxicated I am, I suspect. If not, then it'll be Friday evening, if the league admins would be so kind as to permit it?

  9. #6849
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    44
    John Prester was having trouble with his PC before he left on holiday. Could we please have an extension until this weekend to give him a chance to come back and say where he's at?

    Many thanks.

  10. #6850
    Network Hub JayTee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australialand
    Posts
    240
    One of my Tomb Guardians who already has Block managed to roll another Double. A Double 6.

    I'm definitely leaning heavily towards taking the +ST and ignoring the Double as the key Double skill (Block) I've already picked up. ST6 puts him only a single assist away from throwing out 3-Dice Blocks against ST3 players which sounds rather nifty. Tackle on him would be nice, but I think +ST will give me more chances to roll useful dice and will make him a horrible roadblock. Also means if I ever pick up Break Tackle for him for one Dodge-roll he'll be an utter utter bastard to tie down.

  11. #6851
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,394
    Nice, yeah take the strength. I just hope I don't meet you next season.

  12. #6852
    a MV 4 block tree with no root? That's what I'd like. Next: multiple block (make use of my guard skellies).
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

  13. #6853
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,564
    Choices, choices.

    Tempted to take Frenzy as first skill on my second Wardancer (first one has strip ball).
    Also unsure what to do with the two crippled linos (AV6/ST2). I'd def. sack the latter but the first can still serve as a punching back. I've got 80.000 to spare so I'm basically one game short of either a second catcher or a second RR. Choices, choices.

  14. #6854
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,111
    Sack the ST2 linemen (both of them if you're feeling brave, but AV6 is less of a problem) and save up for the second reroll. 1 reroll is madness.

  15. #6855
    Lesser Hivemind Node 20phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    If an extension is given then I could possibly play on Friday evening from 6:30 pm onwards.
    This is fine for me. I'm not in work tomorrow so easy for me to schedule

  16. #6856
    Lesser Hivemind Node NieA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    928
    Div A: Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. The 4 Colour Villains (Human, GroovyChainsaw)
    In which we discover that once you're a ChainsawHands elf, you're always a ChainsawHands elf

    With the two teams level on TV it was a straight fight. The Villains won the toss and elected to kick, then spectacularly pulled the rug out from Claw by executing a flawless two turn Elf touchdown: 1-0 to the Villains and the game had hardly begun.

    The Villains rolled a blitz on the subsequent kickoff and managed to get a couple of tackle zones on the ball. This lead to several turns of undignified scrabbling as the sure hands ghoul repeatedly failed to grab the ball in a single tackle zone, while the humans gathered around but couldn't quite get pressure on the right place. The impasse was resolved when the ghoul failed the pickup again only for the ball to be grabbed on the bounce by a nearby wight.

    Riding this luck Claw switched the ball to the other side of the pitch, but the humans were quick to follow and efficiently shut the breakout down. A swift blitz through the loose screen saw the ball spilled into the crowd, only for it to be thrown back into Claw's half between a golem and a wight. Despite this fortune Claw flubbed the pickup again (with a re-roll), leaving the ball in the hands of a Villain lineman.

    With one turn in the half remaining something stirred in the remains of Thantoldas Undotaure's heart. Once a noble line elf in Elf Harm he was now little more than a walking tackle zone, but sometimes he could remember being so much more. The Villain was finally knocked down on the third two dice block thrown at him, and Thantoldas seized the moment. With scant regard for his own safety he swooped in, picked up the ball from under the nose of a Villain, dodged away and made an accurate short pass to the only wolf that could score. Inspired by this heroic display the wolf made the catch despite his marker, before dodging away and scoring an entirely undeserved equaliser (a 16% chance overall apparently) - 1-1 at half time.

    Setting up asymmetrically for the second half Claw were quickly punished by the Villains kicker who dropped the ball short on the open side. Caging up Claw tried to grind down the pitch but the Villains were tough to move. Then, a slightly mad opportunity arose: a golem had ended up unmarked deep in the villains territory. Throwing caution to the wind the ghoul with the ball sprinted through and made the hand-off, allowing the golem to shamble away into the corner, out of reach of nearly all the humans.

    It's fair to say this move came as a bit of a surprise to the Villains. It was General Zod who expressed this surprise most eloquently by promptly killing one of the wolves stone dead.

    A catcher and a blitzer made it back to mark the golem, but the catcher was dropped by a ghoul and the blitzer KO'd by the golem himself. It wasn't enough though - the following turn the catcher hauled himself up, dodged into the golem's tackle zone, felled him on a two against block then grabbed the ball from in front of a ghoul (a 10% chance overall). It was a bit late in the day though: by now several of the Villains had been KO'd or injured, and the remaining few turns saw Claw reclaim the ball and run it in on their last turn. Any hope of a one turn touchdown was foiled when a riot dropped their entire line of scrimmage, leaving it 2-1 to Claw at full time.

    Both of us rode our luck throughout the game, but while Groovy was generally getting away with one dice blocks and GFIs on most turns my luck came in outrageous bursts (the zombie touchdown was unbelievable). Losing a level 4 wolf is always sad but it was the one with -AV that I'd seriously considered firing anyway (as is traditional the dead wolf won the MVP). As a salve the other wolf reached level 5 and finally got tackle. Thanks to the other game in the div ending in a draw this win earned Claw their first ever proper promotion, and that's got to be worth celebrating even at a wake.

  17. #6857
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Eard View Post
    Pinged Macavity on steam, but g/f family emergency has come up, no way I'll be able to get our game in before deadline. Fine with the forfeit to him
    If it won't hold things up unduly I can wait for Eard; if it will delay the league I'll take the win (rather have SPPs than game wins ^^)

  18. #6858
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    With one turn in the half remaining something stirred in the remains of Thantoldas Undotaure's heart. Once a noble line elf in Elf Harm he was now little more than a walking tackle zone, but sometimes he could remember being so much more. The Villain was finally knocked down on the third two dice block thrown at him, and Thantoldas seized the moment. With scant regard for his own safety he swooped in, picked up the ball from under the nose of a Villain, dodged away and made an accurate short pass to the only wolf that could score. Inspired by this heroic display the wolf made the catch despite his marker, before dodging away and scoring an entirely undeserved equaliser (a 16% chance overall apparently) - 1-1 at half time.
    Hah, excellent. I remember that guy: he was a journeyman that I hired because he got the... MVP I think, or possibly actually got enough SPP to level up. I think he was my last elf to have guard, too...

  19. #6859
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Herts., UK
    Posts
    1,156
    Good write up nie, neatly sums it up i think. I slightly rode my luck all game on one-dice moves (although ended up with average dice overall - i ended a fair few turns with skulls). I went for the quick score as i didn't fancy a drawn out cage game, and in some respects i think i was right, I spent all game messing with nie's cage, and if I hadn't been down to 6 players in the second half I'm not so sure he'd have got that second touchdown. it was surprising to see the golem running away wit hthe ball, I must admit, but not as surprising as seeing that zombie elf (Chainsawhands continues to punish me, even from a different division ;-D).

    It was a fun, if erratic, game for both of us and netted me 3 levels. So my thrower finally gets dumpoff (experimental ploy - we shall see...), my broken catcher (-1AV) gets doubles, so guard to go with wrestle (hobgoblin's becoming a bit handy now, but at av6 its not going to last long...) and General Zod's murderlising of yet another player (who shouldn't have been left parked next to a str5 mighty blow player really) means he got a level again, my first (ever?) level 6 player. And he got... doubles! Flipping 'eck - it's decision time. What would people give a str5 block tackle mighty blow blitzer on doubles? Dodge seems obvious, jump up maybe, or should I be boring and just ignore the doubles and get more guard? Or frenzy? What to do?

  20. #6860
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Good write up nie, neatly sums it up i think. I slightly rode my luck all game on one-dice moves (although ended up with average dice overall - i ended a fair few turns with skulls). I went for the quick score as i didn't fancy a drawn out cage game, and in some respects i think i was right, I spent all game messing with nie's cage, and if I hadn't been down to 6 players in the second half I'm not so sure he'd have got that second touchdown. it was surprising to see the golem running away wit hthe ball, I must admit, but not as surprising as seeing that zombie elf (Chainsawhands continues to punish me, even from a different division ;-D).

    It was a fun, if erratic, game for both of us and netted me 3 levels. So my thrower finally gets dumpoff (experimental ploy - we shall see...), my broken catcher (-1AV) gets doubles, so guard to go with wrestle (hobgoblin's becoming a bit handy now, but at av6 its not going to last long...) and General Zod's murderlising of yet another player (who shouldn't have been left parked next to a str5 mighty blow player really) means he got a level again, my first (ever?) level 6 player. And he got... doubles! Flipping 'eck - it's decision time. What would people give a str5 block tackle mighty blow blitzer on doubles? Dodge seems obvious, jump up maybe, or should I be boring and just ignore the doubles and get more guard? Or frenzy? What to do?
    Sidestep, innit.
    Or jump up, or dodge.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •