View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 348 of 415 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,960 of 8290
    Hi there admins,

I would like to request an extension for my match against Denthariel in Division D. Due to busy social calenders for the both of us, we have been unable to arrange a suitable time for our match until (hopefully) next monday. If this isn't possible it won't be too much of a problem, as our match will only be an orc-off for bottom position in the division.

Thanks for the write-up JayTee. I feel for you because I know the pain of the inconsistent Khemri team, they can crash pretty hard. You were talking about trying a different team even before the network sync failure so hopefully you'll come back to BB refreshed after your holiday!

In other news I'm thinking of rebooting to a different team. I think I've put it in the spreadsheet correctly (let me know if not). However, I've noticed an error on the team balance sheet - It only counts from row 4 downwards on the season information sheet, and my team is actually in row 3 so doesn't contribute to the total! I couldn't alter it myself because it's locked....

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The anticipation is killing me, could a kindly admin please validate my final match in division B? I desperately want to see what my level up are for my mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    The anticipation is killing me, could a kindly admin please validate my final match in division B? I desperately want to see what my level up are for my mans.
    Echoing this, I got at least one skill-up on a Nurgle Warrior in the other Week 3 match for Div. B, and he's moving up to a tasty level 4.

Quote Originally Posted by smaug81 View Post
    Echoing this, I got at least one skill-up on a Nurgle Warrior in the other Week 3 match for Div. B, and he's moving up to a tasty level 4.
    I went through and validated every match that was reported in the sheet. (There was one 2-0 result that wasn't.)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    @Jolima You are a scholar and a gentleman.

@Smaug81 Nurgle is never tasty.

Question for the crowd. My Wrestle, Guard, Tackle Lineman has just rolled a double. IF he had block rather than Wrestle I'd given him Mighty Blow in a heartbeat. But he doesn't and I think that would be rather a waste.

I just can't think of a decent skill to take. Dodge to increase his survivability? maybe side step to increase his annoyance factor?

No wait. Side step seems ideal, a Guard piece that the opponent can't reliably shift out of position? Anyone want to make a counter off to that?

Edit: And Arnulf Wulf my star blitzer is 1 SPP off of level 6. Nuffle knows that that means he's going to die in the next match..

So I went into the third match day in 3rd place and got a draw against the 4th placed team who was on the same points. I've now been dropped to 4th. What gives?

Cyanide just settles tie-breakers to the team with the most TV. I guess he got more value from the match than you did and passed you. Our official tie-breakers are a little more complicated than that of course. (Find them in the spreadsheet.)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Cyanide just settles tie-breakers to the team with the most TV. I guess he got more value from the match than you did and passed you. Our official tie-breakers are a little more complicated than that of course. (Find them in the spreadsheet.)
    20pheonix, do not be tricked into reading the tie break rules. They were not meant for mortal man to try and comprehend!

Div J messed up.

It seems that LowKey's removal from the division has messed up all of us in the spreadsheet.
    Not sure if that's important, but letting you know :)

Question for the crowd. My Wrestle, Guard, Tackle Lineman has just rolled a double. IF he had block rather than Wrestle I'd given him Mighty Blow in a heartbeat. But he doesn't and I think that would be rather a waste.

I just can't think of a decent skill to take. Dodge to increase his survivability? maybe side step to increase his annoyance factor?

No wait. Side step seems ideal, a Guard piece that the opponent can't reliably shift out of position? Anyone want to make a counter off to that?

Edit: And Arnulf Wulf my star blitzer is 1 SPP off of level 6. Nuffle knows that that means he's going to die in the next match..
    You're forgetting the BEST option: Thick Skull. It's a bold choice.

Wrestle and guard is an unfortunate combination. Dodge is good because it helps you reposition your guard and helps keep him on his feet. Sidestep can be quite annoying, and I'm always a fan of the annoying option (my necros are full of sidestep and stand firm).
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Side step works much better with dodge. Strip ball works really well with wrestle to make a ball carrier taker-outer, but then you have tackle already so it's half as useful. Stand firm works well with guard, but you have wrestle. Dauntless works well with tackle and wrestle, not so much with guard.

WHY DOES YOUR MAN HAVE THESE CONFUSING SKILLS?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    I went through and validated every match that was reported in the sheet. (There was one 2-0 result that wasn't.)
    My mighty blow - claw beast man thanks you from the bottom of his black heart.

The man speaks truth on both points.

Post-validation, I've come away with a startling 3(!) skill-ups from the last match. Nothing but standard rolls, but my star Warrior, who got Block and MB early and hasn't looked back since, has now picked up Claw as well, and will no doubt hog the casualties even more. I also have a second Block-MB Pestigor, and my first skilled Rotter since the team's first or second season (he gets Wrestle). The team is slowly coming together. . .

Also quite curious to see how the tie between myself and 20phoenix will work out. I have no idea which of us ought to be coming out on top.

Network Hub

Div D extension?

Hey admins!

desvergeh and I in Div D need an extension until Monday night to get our game of orcball in. As a potential sweetener, I'll also point out that since desvergeh and I are currently bottom on 0 points each, letting us get our game in should make demotions easier to sort out. Unless we decide to be dicks and score a draw.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    It seems that LowKey's removal from the division has messed up all of us in the spreadsheet.
    Not sure if that's important, but letting you know :)
    Who removed me?! You'll never stop the revoulution!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    You're forgetting the BEST option: Thick Skull. It's a bold choice.

Wrestle and guard is an unfortunate combination. Dodge is good because it helps you reposition your guard and helps keep him on his feet. Sidestep can be quite annoying, and I'm always a fan of the annoying option (my necros are full of sidestep and stand firm).
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Side step works much better with dodge. Strip ball works really well with wrestle to make a ball carrier taker-outer, but then you have tackle already so it's half as useful. Stand firm works well with guard, but you have wrestle. Dauntless works well with tackle and wrestle, not so much with guard.

WHY DOES YOUR MAN HAVE THESE CONFUSING SKILLS?
    Wrestle was the first skill up he got and I already had two other Linemen with Block, but then he got a double and on a Human team how can you refuse Guard on a lineman on a double (answer: you can't). Then he got a third skill up just as the level of the league I was in was flooded with agility teams so Tackle seemed like a good bet (and it was - completely destroyed an Amazon team).

If I knew he was going to get a double on his second skill roll I'd have given him Block as the first skill. BUT I'M NOT PSYCHIC SO I DIDN'T KNOW!

You're right, crunching the numbers makes Side Step only half as brilliantly useful without dodge - of course I still get to place my dude even when he is knocked over which means they have to factor in a Guard piece standing up on the next turn and it allows me to use him to guard the sidelines even if Frenzy is in the house.

I'm half tempted to go nuts and give him Block, play to the human strengths make him the most flexible piece in the game.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 06-09-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I don't hate the idea of a block wrestle player. On the other hand, since he already has tackle and wrestle and you might want to throw him at ball carriers, dodge ought to be helpful in making him harder to screen off?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If you're throwing this guy at catchers, Diving Tackle could be very annoying on top of Tackle and Wrestle - potentially force them to engage you (and suffer a wrestle result) instead of just dodging away.

Quote Originally Posted by Drawlien
    Thanks for the write-up JayTee. I feel for you because I know the pain of the inconsistent Khemri team, they can crash pretty hard. You were talking about trying a different team even before the network sync failure so hopefully you'll come back to BB refreshed after your holiday!
    Yep, I've been going back and forth for a season or two as to whether I've actually played the Comics too long and have forgotten how to play a non-bash team. Would probably do my coaching mojo some good to not only play a noob team again, but also take a totally different playstyle for a whirl for a while.

I'd feel somewhat dirty picking up an Elf team, but they are pretty much the polar opposite of the Khemri so would suit a chance of pace nicely. I'll figure it out once I've had enough of vineyards and sunshine :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton

I'd probably nab Dodge. It keeps him on his feet more and thus able to use Guard, and allows you to use him a bit more offensively to harass carriers with Wrestle/Tackle. But if you face a lot of teams with Tackle then it becomes relatively wasted, in which case you're probably better off with Stand Firm/Side Step to emphasise his Guard.

A slightly out-there option could be Grab if you use him to Blitz carriers as it removes the frustration of Side Step on a Carrier, and gives you some options for forming 1TTDs if you stuff him on the LoS.