View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 353 of 415 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 8290
    We still have some unplayed matches:
    • ChainsawHands vs Grinn in the champs, which decides whether Grinn or Laneford gets to stay up there next season.
    • Sollitus vs Eard in div M, which affects most of the placement in that division. With dropouts above it, that probably won't matter much in the end though.

I'll be defaulting and validating matches, promoting Everblue to deputy comissioner and trying to sort everyone into tiers on Sunday. Unless there are any complaints before then. That should pave the way for Groovy to do another draw. In the meanwhile, please make sure that your Next Season column is updated with a Z if you're skipping next season or R# if you're rebooting with a new team.

I also ran into some oddity with the result calculations where the spreadsheet ended up calculating 1 + 0 = 0 but SUM(1,0)=1. (I think the sheet really is taking on Cthulhu-esque proportions.) I changed that in the only cell where I knew it was wrong (T65) and maybe it should be spread to the other similar ones as well. For now, please check that your results are correct on the Table sheet.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    We still have some unplayed matches:
    • ChainsawHands vs Grinn in the champs, which decides whether Grinn or Laneford gets to stay up there next season.
    That is a dead rubber too Jol. Laneford beat Grinn so he will stay up on the tie break even if Grinn went level with him by winning that final game.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Everblue is hungry for power! He will not be stopped, he will not be contained!
    Disturbingly, I read that and it triggered off memories of the weird water boss in Violet Hold on World of Warcraft. I will not be contained!!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ichoron? Or something?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'd be happy to help admin the Divisions, if you need another warm body.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yes! More admins! You will be adminn'ed in :-). And also, season has ended (6 days ago?!)! I'll wrap up the final few matches today/tomorrow morning and try to sort out the sheet for tomorrow, with the aim being a live draw tomorrow night. Apologies for being AWOL this week, just been one of those weeks, really.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Sorry, Grinn and I could only do Thursday night and then something kind of came up that meant I couldn't, so... eh, well, at least it doesn't affect the result.

Network Hub
    I'm returning (not rebooting) it's ok to have a lowercase "r"?

I've sorted out the Next Season Tier column now in a more or less sensible fashion. Get your complaints in if something looks unfair.

There is one category of "4,5" which I figure could be drawn for either the remaining slots in 4 or for division 5.

(I hope you don't mind, groovy.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Tier 2? Jeez, thank god most of the team have regeneration, think I'll be needing it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Awww first relegation :(

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    I'm actually kind of curious how that happened. Near as I can tell, everything was so even that it should have come down to CAS-TD difference to decide between us, but I can't find a way to look up full season stats for both of our teams, so I don't know what the results of that would be.

Not that I doubt it was tabulated properly or anything, I just wonder what the final determining factor was.

Network Hub
    Same for me.

Don't look at it as a demotion! Look at it as an opportunity to harvest SPPs from the limbs of weaker fodder in order to fuel your warmachine of death in its campaign to win the divisions by forcing everyone else to reboot because they don't have any players left to actually field a team.

Or, ya know, whatever works for you.

P.S. Hi Tier 3! I enjoy long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, and chatting with Helio on Steamchat for tactical advice.

I was expecting it in honesty. I think Skaven are always going to come out the wrong end of any TD-CAS decider at least until they're fully developed. Rats drop like flies without protection skills and it would be very difficult to keep up a scoring rate to help combat that.

I'd been over promoted anyway - got to Tier 2 without ever winning a division!!

Quote Originally Posted by smaug81 View Post
    I'm actually kind of curious how that happened. Near as I can tell, everything was so even that it should have come down to CAS-TD difference to decide between us, but I can't find a way to look up full season stats for both of our teams, so I don't know what the results of that would be.

Not that I doubt it was tabulated properly or anything, I just wonder what the final determining factor was.
    If I counted it right phoenix got 4 goals and 5 casualties - 6 goals and 7 casualties = -4 while Smaug got 2 goals and 5 injuries - 4 goals and 4 injuries = -1. You can see this by going to a division, select Teams -> the team you want to check -> View Team -> Match Record Chart -> Season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    and chatting with Helio on Steamchat for tactical advice.
    Tactical? Bro- its 'strategic'.
    "Gang foul the guy with +AG if he rage quits you win! '

I'd been over promoted anyway - got to Tier 2 without ever winning a division!!
    See if you can continue your rise of mediocrity to tier 1 next time.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 16-09-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

AV Injuries on Woodies

So i have a bunch of injured woodies, 4 of them with -av, what should i do with them. Previously i've thought that -av doesn't matter so much and just wait til they get killed, but thats not happened and on the back of a bad game ive now got more than i'm comfortable with. I've onyl 100K in the bank.

Players are from memory
    wardancer, lvl 1
    thrower lvl 2 (safehands)
    lineman lvl 2 (+1 agil)
    lineman lvl 2 (wrestle)

any thoughts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I think I would replace the wardancer as soon as I could afford it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    you want to keep the wardancers long term, so you don't want a level 1 one that's already carrying a stat minus. Get rid and get a new one, before you have to get rid of a developed one.
    Keep the +agi lineman as a kickoff return man not on the line of scrimmage?
    Get rid of the rest.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I was expecting it in honesty. I think Skaven are always going to come out the wrong end of any TD-CAS decider at least until they're fully developed.
    Well I just suffered my first ever relegation in a three way tie with two Skaven teams so you may want to reassess that ‘always’ boss :) Admittedly I’m playing ‘flings who really do always come on the wrong end but in general Rats are not that bad. Sure they suffer more on the CAS front but they are nearly always going to have a big edge in the TD stakes. Well providing you are not one of those weird Skaven coaches who think offensive drives begin with the ball being kicked to you :) Scoreboard and clock pressure are the best form of protection rats have.