View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 354 of 415 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    If I counted it right phoenix got 4 goals and 5 casualties - 6 goals and 7 casualties = -4 while Smaug got 2 goals and 5 injuries - 4 goals and 4 injuries = -1. You can see this by going to a division, select Teams -> the team you want to check -> View Team -> Match Record Chart -> Season.
    Thanks for that. Interesting to know what the difference came down to. I'll have to take a look again at the Season stats in game. . . I swear I've tried to look there before, and the Season stats are always blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Well I just suffered my first ever relegation in a three way tie with two Skaven teams so you may want to reassess that ‘always’ boss :) Admittedly I’m playing ‘flings who really do always come on the wrong end but in general Rats are not that bad. Sure they suffer more on the CAS front but they are nearly always going to have a big edge in the TD stakes. Well providing you are not one of those weird Skaven coaches who think offensive drives begin with the ball being kicked to you :) Scoreboard and clock pressure are the best form of protection rats have.
    Ok so stunty teams will have it tougher :) - I think the point I made is valid though. Until you have a rat ogre to help with the casualty toll and/or stormvermin with some combo of MB/claw you really don't rack up too many casualties as most of the game involves running away from fights. This means scoring about 3-4 TDs a game to keep up with the opposition unless you pinch a few lucky casualties. With developed side this is much easier but tough early in the teams development (I'm currently at 1480 and still been unable to get the ogre)

Sollitus and I going to try to get our (extremely late) last match in later today. After that I better bow out again for at least a season, who knew trying to get a house prepped for sale would take so much time :3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Btw, I think the sheet was broken due to a sort at some point. I haven't figured out what's wrong yet, but the results on the sheet aren't matching up with the results in game. I'm trying to work around it right now. Please don't use sorts on the sheet unless you're sorting all the hidden fields chaps?

/Edit, this means I'll heave to trust the tiering put in by Jolima, as I'm not prepared to enter all the results by hand this evening.... which I'm fine with, I might add (thanks Jolima for sorting the tiers out!) but if anyone spots something amiss, let me know! Given this situation I'm going to hold off doing the live draw until tomorrow night (to give people a chance to raise any objections), so it will be held at 8pm tomorrow.
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 16-09-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    "Use the sheet" , "don't use the sheet" , "rub my belly", "pat my head"... Gosh you are needy!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

That was a nice belly rub i got from you the other night helio, I meant to thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    That was a nice belly rub i got from you the other night helio, I meant to thank you for that.
    Just remember that when you do the draw. I want squishy opponent, now I have a few wrestlers you can include block heavy teams like norse and amazon. No undead though, can't recruit them. /footnote, I discovered in the stunty league that rotters are valid recruits despite the rules saying otherwise.

Btw, I think the sheet was broken due to a sort at some point. I haven't figured out what's wrong yet, but the results on the sheet aren't matching up with the results in game.
    Yeah, the results are definitely all kinds of messed up now. So far as I could see at the time, though, everything looked correct when Jolima did the tiering a day or two ago, and the tiers don't appear to have changed. At least for Div. B!

Gah, work strikes back again and I won't be around for the next 2 nights to do the draw. I can offer the draw can being done manually during the day today (ie Not Live) or will have to be postponed until weds night (or done by someone else in the meantime - it's pretty straightforward?)

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug81 View Post
    Yeah, the results are definitely all kinds of messed up now. So far as I could see at the time, though, everything looked correct when Jolima did the tiering a day or two ago, and the tiers don't appear to have changed. At least for Div. B!
    Why does someone not just use Docs' revision history to revert to the last working version?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Gah, work strikes back again and I won't be around for the next 2 nights to do the draw. I can offer the draw can being done manually during the day today (ie Not Live) or will have to be postponed until weds night (or done by someone else in the meantime - it's pretty straightforward?)
    Well I can offer my services... I am free tonight (from 8pm) and would be happy to host a live draw in the group chat.

In the interest of fairness if someone else could draw my tier (2) and I'll do the rest, that would be even better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I am pretty sure I am in tier 2 anyway, plus I'll be at the swimming. Let's just trust you, Screwie.

I'll trust you too, Screwie. I've sent some instructions as to how the magic happens ;-). Looks like the draw will be happening 8pm tonight after all! Good luck guys! I look forward to finding my place tomorrow! (please don't make a mess while I'm away!)

(please don't make a mess while I'm away!)
    *Cracks open crowbar, paint and blender*

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    *Cracks open crowbar, paint and blender*
    And hands all three to a three year old child. Whats the worst that can happen?

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Things we have learned from this evening's draw:

a) Screwie can't count.

b) Xenny and cybperpunkdreams have to play each other at some point. That will be interesting. CPD may find himself sleeping on the sofa if he so much as goes near one of Xenny's players.

c) Screwie really can't count.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    And hands all three to a three year old child. Whats the worst that can happen?
    I don't know what the worst is but the best thing is the 3 year old starts cos playing halflife in a painted clothes HEV suit... The blender is probably best ignored.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I played Jarvis the season just gone; any chance of him or me being swapped into a different division for variety's sake?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The blender is probably best ignored.
    I was trying to make think of a witty remark referencing both HalfLife and Balls2That, but I failed. The crowbar reference was deliberate and hard to spot though... I was just wondering who'd say something first ;).

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    b) Xenny and cybperpunkdreams have to play each other at some point. That will be interesting. CPD may find himself sleeping on the sofa if he so much as goes near one of Xenny's players.
    This is going to pose a problem. Apart from the aforementioned, Xenny always plays on my machine, as it's the only one she has access to that can handle the might of BB. If we can be moved into different divs that would be appreciated, otherwise it's a 1-1 default.