View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 359 of 415 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've just sorted out the fixtures for Divs J and K so all divisions should be up and running folks.

Recoil I'm going to be your first opponent so I'll hold off welcoming you until you do the honourable thing and roll lots of double skulls and snakes :) If you haven't got accepted into the group yet feel free to PM me to arrange a date. I'm pretty flexible with a couple of days warning.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Recoil I'm going to be your first opponent...
    Recoil, you lucky, lucky man...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Anupshi Rises (Khe, Dog Pants) 1 - 2 Doomdark's Revenge (Cha, me)

Division G, match 1. Full report to come.

I'll fire mine up anyway, it'll be interesting to see our different perspectives.

Div G: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 1 - 2 Doomdark's Revenge (CHA, Everblue)

The fightiest game in Div G starts off in fine weather with the home team defending. The crowd, wanting a bit of the action, riot before the game even starts and set a violent precedent both teams try to retain for the duration of the match. The lines crunch together as Doomdark's Revenge immediately go on the attack, demolishing the Anupshi Rises line of scrimmage with a heavily centre focused formation. As they push forwards they form a cage around the quad-limbed ball carrying Beastman. As the Chaos players assault the defensive line and push forwards a mobile Tomb Guardian manages to mark the ball carrier, but is brought down and fouled. The only effect of the action, however, is one less Beastman in the game. More Anupshi players start to hustle the ball carrier, but the strong cage prevents any attempts at a blitz. The crown roar as the Minotaur grinds an unfortunate skeleton into the turf, saved from death only by the fact that he was already dead, and the ball carrier escapes his assailants to the safety of left field. Both teams follow and start to bunch up around the ball but the Beastman again escapes the knot of fighting players. With most of the defending players now tied up in the brawl it is down to a lingering Khemri back-marker to finally blitz the ball away from the running Beastman, only for it to land in the hands of a nearby Chaos Warrior. Elsewhere another Chaos Warrior sends another Khemri off the pitch, this time a rookie Tomb Guardian, and this time his Regeneration is of no help leaving the player a corpse of a distinctly less animated type. The ball carrying Chaos Warrior charges for the line, hammering a defender out of his way. A couple more try to slow his run in vain, and the ball is run in for a touchdown shortly before the end of the half.

Doomdark's Revenge begin the second half with ten men, and as they kick lose another as a Beastman is injured by the first block. Nontheless, two failed pick-ups in a row by the Anupshi Thro-Ra leave the attackers vulnerable after a premature push, and the multi-limbed Beastman who carried the ball for most of the last half breaks through the lines to injure the cack-handed Khemri and collect the ball. The few Anupshi players close enough to respond can't hold the slippery runner back, and the Chaos team score an early second touchdown.
    More determined this time, Anupshi Rises make a feint right manoeuvre to try to tie up some of the dwindling number of Chaos players on the wrong side of the pitch. The drive left works, but is cut short by a fireball which takes another Tomb Guardian back to the dugout. The omnipresent four-armed Doomdark ball handler makes good on the loose ball, but doesn't have the support to keep it. He is overrun by Khemri players and knocked out. Now there are a lot of Anupshi players around the ball with no immediate threats, and the Anupshi veteran Thro-Ra recovers it to start driving up the left flank. The charge almost falters when a Chaos Warrior manages to get behind the ball, but surprisingly the running Thro-Ra manages to smash his way through and injure the defender in the process. As the half comes to a close and the Khemri take the ball close to the line an effective last attempt at keeping the score 2-0 comes in the form of a pair of Chaos Warriors, but a Blitz Ra manages to nudge clear a route and Anushi Rises manage to run in a token touchdown. The game ends with a token beating of the Skeleton subs to please the crowds on both sides.

Also, I have a Thro-Ra with a double. He already has Dodge as a result of a previous double, so I'm dazzled by the possibilities. I'm interested to hear what the hive mind thinks.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What does he normally get access to?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Wall of text
    I have little to add to such a comprehensive report!

I will say that I was pretty lucky with both my TDs - in the first half I thought you'd made a mistake by letting your TGs get behind the ball, but in the end it nearly worked out for you. My second TD was the result of a bit of a nuffling with your pickups, although for what it's worth I wouldn't ever try to pick up the ball with an AG2 thrower if there was the possibility of AG3 on the pitch!

With a few different dice rolls at key points the result would have been very different.

Bit disappointed with killer beastman only getting a single TG ko, despite all my efforts. The five limbed beastman did indeed have an excellent game, spoiled only with the fumbled pass when I was trying to get a third TD at the end.

I thought diving tackle for your thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    What does he normally get access to?
    General and Passing. Also, as it was a double 6, I have the option of +ST. Could make for a tricky player to get the ball from and a decent back marker when defending.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Double 6? Then definitely strength!

General and Passing. Also, as it was a double 6, I have the option of +ST. Could make for a tricky player to get the ball from and a decent back marker when defending.
    I would consider sidestep as well for the ball carrier. Blodgestep is utterly annoying.

+Str is hard to pass up though.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Take the st boost.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Also, as it was a double 6, I have the option of +ST.
    That's not an option, you should always take the +ST.

(Well, except when you shouldn't, but this isn't one of those times.)

Get that +st. I also have a thro-ra with ST 4 and his nickname is 'The Bastard' (capital B). It's really useful cause it's unexpected and people like to mark him with a couple linos. Also useful for blitzes since he's MV6 and really, how can you pass on a ST 4 ball handler?! Give him block and he'll be unstoppable.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    That's not an option, you should always take the +ST.

(Well, except when you shouldn't, but this isn't one of those times.)
    In my opinion you should take the +ST even when you shouldn't.
    And I was in the Champions Division for a whole season, so I must be right.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    +ST and Sure Hands means he's extremely annoying to get the ball from, especially for evil elfy types who dodge through the LoS into the backfield for a quick steal. And he already has Dodge too, even better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    In my opinion you should take the +ST even when you shouldn't.
    Bit of a waste on a fanatic or a deathroller, but I couldn't really fault you even there.

I had a Blodging, Side-step Thro-Ra. He was glorious. Then he got +AG, and the birth of a new god was proclaimed in the land of the Khemri.
    Needless to say, he was killed the game after he got +AG.
    +STR is absolutely the choice. With Armour 7, they are terribly fragile, and with armour constantly being broken, regen will fail at some point. Better to up the strength and give opponents less opportunities to break the armour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Bit of a waste on a fanatic or a deathroller, but I couldn't really fault you even there.
    A big guys would be better with various doubles. Block, dodge pro on loners, jump up on tree men.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    A big guys would be better with various doubles. Block, dodge pro on loners, jump up on tree men.
    I got Pro on my treeman in the Open. It's worked out well so far. I know it makes him a slightly higher TO risk than having block, but it also handles take root and standing up.

Haha, okay pretty unanimous there. For some reason I was stat-blind when I asked the question. Excited by the wealth of skill possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    Get that +st. I also have a thro-ra with ST 4 and his nickname is 'The Bastard' (capital B). It's really useful cause it's unexpected and people like to mark him with a couple linos. Also useful for blitzes since he's MV6 and really, how can you pass on a ST 4 ball handler?! Give him block and he'll be unstoppable.
    I remember that guy! You're right, he is ​a Bastard.