View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 360 of 415 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,200 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Yeah my blodge sidestep +str skink in the open has frequently been a lifesaver

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    A big guys would be better with various doubles. Block, dodge pro on loners, jump up on tree men.
    i have a pub khemri team that recently faced that problem. I went with the +ST anyway. Figured its ok as I already have two TGs with block ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Yeah my blodge sidestep +str skink in the open has frequently been a lifesaver
    Yeah, +st on primary ball carriers is wonderful.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Yeah, +st on primary ball carriers is wonderful.
    My ghoul will show you his ball handling skills.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    My ghoul will show you his ball handling skills.
    It's going to die, just an FYI.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

He meant "balls handling skills".
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Network Hub
    It's going to die, just an FYI.
    He already knows his destiny from the day he entered the blood bowl pitch. Plus, he already played with your team, so he doesn't fear death.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Torg'n'Thorg is dead.

One hundred yards of rushing.
    Forty four matches played.
    Twelve yards of passing
    Nine players injured
    Four touchdowns
    Three MVPs
    Two Catches
    Two opponents killed
    And an Ogre racial equalling record of one Completed pass.

Torg'n'Thorg is dead. We will not see his likes again.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 28-09-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    This saddens me. Something strange and wonderful has gone from this world, and the world has been lessened by its passing.
    Also, I did not get to kill it.

Network Hub
    Aye, Torg died like an emperor: In the tender (and sharp) clutches of Brutus.

Wayward Gladiators vs. Altdorf Army IX

Altdorf Army graciously let the Gladiators receive first. A bloody match ensued with most of the blood being Altdorfian. The start of the game saw several human players getting hurt, including Torg'nThorg's fatal injury. With so many soldiers deserting, the attack went smoothly and a touchdown was scored on turn 4. Nine human players made it to the next kick-off. I'm not sure I remember what happened next, but I kicked short and was able to blitz the ball carrier after the ball was covered. The Altdorfians decided to play elf ball. Darius the berserker, however, played the spoilsport and intercepted the pass. Off he went, but couldn't get very far before being swarmed by the redshirts. Bad positioning, inconsiderate blocking and a sidestepping human lineman made the getaway too hard. The humans couldn't capitalize on the dropped ball despite the good effort given and so the half ended.

Still nine Altdorfians tested the Norse defense. The attack started badly and ended in a single die skull before the ball. Most of the Army was formed up in a tight ball, so the gladiators were glad to join in the fray. The ball carrier was blitzed down but the norsemen's overzealous attempt to maximize the points by passing the ball to ulfwerener led to a stolen ball. An impressive and unintercepted pass was thrown to a waiting human blitzer, who took one step too far and stumbled. Lucky for him, Brutus triple skulled himself before any of the Gladiators could get after him so the touchdown was scored a couple of turns later on turn 14.

The aforementioned ulfwerener got the ball thanks due to an out of bounds kick (or rather, a fumbled catch leading to the ball going out of bounds). 7 players didn't form much of an obstacle but I had to rely on the werewolf's st5 to protect him as I couldn't get a tight cage around him. Well, it didn't protect him against the impressive moves of the humans. Two players, a blitzer and a catcher Galahad made in total five 3+ and 4+ dodges and three gfi's to get to the wolf, threw a two dice against blitz that resulted in two pows and a stunned brute, and finally the catcher even caught the bouncing ball*. Fortunately he dropped the ball as he himself was dropped. Failure at pick up caused some gray hairs, but ultimately Lucius Vorenus scored the touchdown on turn 16.

2-1 for the Gladiators. Successful blocking (162 dice vs 46) won the day but my overconfidence almost cost the victory.

(*) I'm not sure if Alistair realized that he had a perfectly viable st3 player just one 4+ dodge away from blitzing the ulf. I'm not sure if he had block though.
    Last edited by El Cubo; 28-09-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post

(*) I'm not sure if Alistair realized that he had a perfectly viable st3 player just one 4+ dodge away from blitzing the ulf. I'm not sure if he had block though.
    No block (as opposed to Wrestle) or dodge and also the Catcher that made the crazy Dodge sequence had Dauntless - the psych up roll failed but double POW was a just reward for a defensive play a Wardancer would have been proud of.

Also that pass I pulled off was nuts, Thrower picked themselevs up off ground, dodged, picked up ball in TZ and long bombed to Lineman. Glorious.

If I'd escaped with the draw though there would have been no justice in the world.

Speaking of no justice my rats just swarmed to a 3-1 victory over Graever's humies.

A highly effective wizard gave me a 2d shot at the ball carrier in turn 2 which resulted in a turnover of possession and a rat score. Next kick off came a blitz which I couldn't reach but got gutters in the back field. An early failure in Graevers turn gave me a shot at scoring but the big hand rodent snake eyed. However Graever couldn't retrieve the ball and one of the gutters made a 5+ pickup in rain and a TZ to make it 2. The defence held firm till half time and 2 turns into the second half it was 3 despite Graever managing to get the carrier double marked in his turn. Graevers next drive was halted after a frenzy block by the ball carrier came up with a skull. It looked like a 4th for the rats might be on the cards but I couldnt get it safe and the ball was turned over for Graever to pull one back. My attempt at a 4th failed when a thrower failed to catch an accurate pass with RR but Graever was too far away to pull another back.

I lost an unskilled linerat to a severe case of death which I was expecting to be a lot worse as I had to use the apo in turn 1 to save a guard lino from death. Levels for my +MV gutter and guard lino from the game too although only 20k in winnings. The teams 13 games old and still cant afford an ogre :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I went through and validated a bunch of games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    This round ends on 02/10/2012
    I'm not sure I really need the 2012 part there, but there might be some Americans reading who read the date and think they have until the 10th of February. Well you don't have that long, hypothetical Americans!
    It's time to get your games in, or at least make some sincere efforts to schedule them so we don't give the win to your opponents. Put a message in the group for your division, and if that doesn't work consider sending your scheduled opponent a pm or contacting them on Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Unless Graever and 20Phoenix don't insist on playing the games against me I'd like to opt out the reason of the season and take a BB break afterwards. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I used to and having shit injury dice with WElf teams didn't help.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 29-09-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Activated Node
    Pitch invasion = 10 of my mans down.

TEN!

That pitch-wide bribe clearly worked. >_>
    Well played, Corkir, well played.

That is all

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDave123 View Post
    Pitch invasion = 10 of my mans down.

That pitch-wide bribe clearly worked. >_>
    Well played, Corkir, well played.
    Apparently Corkir's fan base is much more solid.

I like to imagine the expression on that one guy

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    I like to imagine the expression on that one guy
    there+can+be+only+one.jpg

This?

Network Hub
    That suggests a bit too much resilience. He got knocked out as soon as my turn began :)

It was a classic moment from Nuffle even allowing for the double FAME. Fortunately the game was almost decided before it happened or it could have spoilt the contest. Instead it just meant I scored a quick third, got an easy skill on my new witch and could go into hide mode for the last quarter.