View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 370 of 415 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The four-team division system basically means that you need to win three games to get promoted. It's very tough indeed!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    The four-team division system basically means that you need to win three games to get promoted. It's very tough indeed!
    Actually you only need to win the right game, and have the other results go your way. A win and two draws is enough to get you through if everyone else draws, or if the only other win in the division is by the person you beat.
    Two wins will almost certainly get you through.

Quick off topic note for anyone who doesn't realise: With the release of Blood Bowl Chaos Edition you can now register any copy of BBLE on Steam. Handy if, like me, you bought it on disk.

Dog Pants, does that mean that I can still use my CD version as a standalone if I decide that I don't want to use it on Steam lateron? I don't see why I shouldn't be able to, just wondering.
    Forum janitor in training.

I tried my still-installed CD version, but there's been a patch so it wouldn't let me in. It's possible that it won't like two different versions using one player key. I'll try to update it (always a huge pain) and let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Actually you only need to win the right game, and have the other results go your way. A win and two draws is enough to get you through if everyone else draws, or if the only other win in the division is by the person you beat.
    Two wins will almost certainly get you through.
    I've had 4 seasons with 2 wins and a draw/loss but I've never won a promotion from any of them, only been honestly promoted when I got all 3. It cuts both ways with such short seasons, they're very unpredictable which is part of the attraction. Only downside is the time it takes to get all the apps in for the new seasons in the first place.

Network Hub
    I see someone has validated my game in div c. We were hoping to leave it open for a possible replay if the other game in our division lasted beyond screwies holiday after screwie lost connection half way through the first attempt. While the 2-0 isnt going to cause any issue as we agreed it was the fair outcome anyway it will be a shame if we would have had a chance to replay it.

For future reference what is the best way of dealing with this in future? We left it off the spreadsheet but hadnt asked for a reset as we didnt want one yet.

Activated Node
    Tried to play my game with Helio tonight, but unfortunately after 5 turns my pc imploded and reset. Could a kindly admin please reset the game so that we can try again?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    that's my fault Corkir - you did the right think leaving it off the spreadsheet. it was my mistake - I'm really sorry

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    just a reminder that week 2 ends tomorrow

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    (I want to reroll Khorne in the divisions)

(I know it's not allowed)

(:()

(the sadface doesn't work too well in brackets does it?)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgP View Post
    Tried to play my game with Helio tonight, but unfortunately after 5 turns my pc imploded and reset. Could a kindly admin please reset the game so that we can try again?
    I've reset it this time - next time try to mention what division you're in though, there are rather a lot of them to look through. ;-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I've reset it this time - next time try to mention what division you're in though, there are rather a lot of them to look through. ;-)
    Next time just let me keep my uncalled for victory ^_^
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    I see someone has validated my game in div c. We were hoping to leave it open for a possible replay if the other game in our division lasted beyond screwies holiday after screwie lost connection half way through the first attempt. While the 2-0 isnt going to cause any issue as we agreed it was the fair outcome anyway it will be a shame if we would have had a chance to replay it.

For future reference what is the best way of dealing with this in future? We left it off the spreadsheet but hadnt asked for a reset as we didnt want one yet.
    A post with DIV (whatever) PLEASE DON'T VALIDATE THIS GAME YET in big letters would be a good start, followed by an explanation. I tend to wait until I see a result mentioned here, or a "please validate our match", before I go and start looking for games to validate, but once I'm in there I'll check the divisions for other matches I can validate too. I try not to validate ones that are not mentioned in the thread and/or noted in the spreadsheet, but there are a lot of matches and sometimes the admins are under time pressure to end a week or whatever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Alistair Hutton can't play me until Sunday (maybe Saturday evening) so Div. 1 could use an extension until then.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Dog Pants, does that mean that I can still use my CD version as a standalone if I decide that I don't want to use it on Steam lateron? I don't see why I shouldn't be able to, just wondering.
    Now that the Steam version has eventually downloaded and I have the retail version patched, I logged onto both separately without any issues. The only concern I have is that the Steam version already knew my account details, it must be sharing some of the local content somewhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Me and agp will play in Saturday. Much apologies for delay.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Now that the Steam version has eventually downloaded and I have the retail version patched, I logged onto both separately without any issues. The only concern I have is that the Steam version already knew my account details, it must be sharing some of the local content somewhere.
    Oh, that sounds good to me, will register my game lateron. I mean, I have it on my Steam Library anyways, but that should come in handy.
    Forum janitor in training.

I had a great game with my dwarves against Cyberpunkdreams' gobbos last night. He not only devastated my team (with his normal gobbs, not the secret weapons!) but managed to score 2 TDs on passing plays! One was a gobbo to another gobbo in the end-zone to get the first score of the game, the other a turn 15 desperation TTM to get the draw.

So it ended 2-2 in the end. As a mark of respect for a good BB opponent my dwarves put a friendly boot or two in one of the Trolls nadgers after knocking him down in T16 (no damage done of course). Thanks for the game Cyber!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post

Hi Corkir - something we've done in the past (and it IS in the rules somewhere i think) was mark the game as R-R for the result if it was awaiting a replay. Usually I check scores, particularly 2-0 scores against the sheet first, so an R-R would hold me up and at least get me asking a question. Of course, you might have risked it getting reset (as someone would have presumed you wanted the reset to occur to enable the rematch?), but we could still default it 2-0 later if necessary. For results stuff, the sheet is king, as any post in here can get quickly lost, and even a PM could get missed if someone else admins the result.