View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 371 of 415 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Me and Karandraz arent going to be able to play until Saturday. I hope that isnt over the deadline.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Hi Corkir - something we've done in the past (and it IS in the rules somewhere i think) was mark the game as R-R for the result if it was awaiting a replay.
    Yeah I think the R-R would certainly have resulted in a reset. Not sure how it was put in the rules but wasn’t it originally suggested for that specific purpose? The game took place a week ago so methinks we would need a different ‘do not touch’ marking on the sheet if all the admins were to have any chance of remaining informed. Maybe an X-X with R-R for reset request? It is an extremely rare situation though.

Looks like BBCE is $10 on steam sale this weekend. That's no different than the "conversion" price, but if anyone new to BB is looking to pick it up this is probably a good opportunity.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Looks like BBCE is $10 on steam sale this weekend. That's no different than the "conversion" price, but if anyone new to BB is looking to pick it up this is probably a good opportunity.
    This doesn't seem to be the case. LE is 7.49, but CE's still showing as 19.99. Are you logged in with LE registered on Steam? That will show the "old player" price.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    I had a great game with my dwarves against Cyberpunkdreams' gobbos last night. He not only devastated my team (with his normal gobbs, not the secret weapons!) but managed to score 2 TDs on passing plays! One was a gobbo to another gobbo in the end-zone to get the first score of the game, the other a turn 15 desperation TTM to get the draw.
    Aye, I thought it was a great game as well, thanks. The dice went with the gobbos a little, for once, but no serious Nuffling either way. For the record, that was my third successful goblin-throw touchdown in two games.

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    ... a friendly boot or two in one of the Trolls nadgers after knocking him down in T16...
    I think it was a grand total of about eight boots in fact! :p

Anyone have any idea if they changed anything in the chaos release or is it more of an (standalone) expansion pack?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ok, welcome everyone to Everblue's Patented Arse Kicking Post. Herewith a review of remaining matches.

Division 1 - Hutton/Mrpier have thrown themselves on the mercy of the Admins, and request an extension until Sunday. Bwahahaha! A laughable claim! But yes, fine. You can have an extension until Sunday.

Division 2 - For some reason the result from the Grinn vs Snoozer match from week 1 has not been updated to the spreadsheet. Can this be rectified please? After incurring the Wrath of Corkir I am now frightened of the spreadsheet.

Division C - MadDave v Walrus. Can't see anything in the thread for the division. I propose adminning a draw unless we hear back by the end of tomorrow.

Division D - Yet again the red-headed stepchild of the league. A grand total of zero games - seriously, I weep for humanity. I understand both games are to be played tomorrow. Let's look again tomorrow night.

Division E - Another one! Zero games played. Rubbish, the lot of you. Dentharial v Ininja was supposed to be last night, not sure what happened there. Gorm and Karandraz are cheerfully talking in the thread about Monday or Tuesday. Could you try tomorrow lads?

Division H - Graever v Wolfenswan still outstanding, I think they've agreed to adminning a draw, so if we haven't heard back on that by tomorrow I propose doing just that.

Division L - Dissident v Sollitus missing. They are talking about Sunday in the thread. NO! NOT SUNDAY! THE DEADLINE IS TODAY. YOU HAVE UNTIL TOMORROW YOU MISERABLE WORMS! Oh, ok. But I'll admin your ass at midnight on Sunday.

All other leagues can be moved on - can someone please do that?

Ta

The Div 2 results haven't been updated for week 1 because the in game calendar is different than the spreadsheet schedule - we're following the game calendar and filling in the spreadsheet results as and when those matches are played (so Grinn and Snoozer's game was actually in week 2 and DC'd, as per a couple of pages back).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I knew I was right to be scared! What should I do?

Last post was Snoozer offering Grinn the win after a DC, so 1-0 to Grinn on the sheet I guess (the last days fixtures match up).

Haven't heard anything from Maddave. Tried adding him on steam but he hasn't been online I guess...

Network Hub
    Div E Week 2

Da Blu Moonz
    (Dentharial, Orcs) VS The Rakish Rodents (iNinja132, Skaven)

This is the inspirational story of how people can stand up and make a difference.

Da Blu Moonz had been having a tough time lately, culminating in last week's defeat where they got out-injured by skaven. With 2 of their Blitzers down for the count, they tromped sadly onto the pitch with their mere 1350TV to face a full 16 players of 2140 TV skaven.

When the opening block of the Rat Ogre managed to kill a poor orc lineman, whose nickname was simply 'Cudant Fink Uf One', all the green shoulders on the pitch seemed to slump a little lower.

"No."
    said the halfling chef. "Have 2 rerolls from them. Hell, have them at the start of the second half too."

The orcs rallied with the support of the little halfling, securing the ball in a cage and slowly rumbling forward to score in their turn 8. But most of the skaven that had been removed from the pitch were only KOs, and they shook themselves awake to return to the field. With the entire skaven team lining up to try and punch some orcs and deal some damage before the whistle, the greenskins braced themselves to lose more players from their skimpy, substitute-less roster.

"No." said the fans. They charged onto the pitch in what appeared to be total chaos, but was actually a careful, surgical strike to take out most of the skaven LoS, and prevented many of the blocks that should have happened.

Still, as the second half began, the skaven were easily able to secure the ball, and start advancing forward. Despite leaving a hole open for the orcs to put some pressure on the ball carrier, the thrower was able to hurl it forward where it should easily be retrieved and passed to a Gutter Runner to score.

"No." said an errant wizard apprentice from the crowd. "Lightning bolt!" he shouted, apparently hurling a crayon at the aggressive gutter runner and successfully knocking him down with no other effect.

Nonetheless, it was enough to throw a wrench into the skaven plans, who were forced to bring rats up from further back and take a couple of extra turns to score. Turns that the orcs used to try and even the scales by stomping rats into the ground, while waving bribe money at the referee.

"No." said the referee. "Keep your money. Just get your mojo back, and win this one for me."

But how could they? With the score at 1-1, a mere 3 turns on the clock, and a full 11 ratmen lined up against only 9 of them... Wasn't it better to avoid risks? Wasn't it better to just play for the draw?

"NO!"
    roared the crowd. And as the ball sailed down from the kick into the orcs thrower's waiting hands, the crowd returned to the field, knocking over an orc and the troll in their zealousness to stun a full 7 of the Skaven players.

And so did the hand of Nuffle himself descend onto the shoulder of the orc thrower, and lo, a voice boomed out. "LONG HAVE YOU TAUNTED ME, ORC THAT IS NAMED BLACK KAT UNNA A LADDA. KNOW TODAY THAT I AM EQUALLY AS BITCHY TO THINE FOES AS I AM TO YOU. GO NOW, THE WAY IS CLEAR."

And so it was.

So it was.

Da Blu Moonz 2 - 1 The Rakish Rodents
    Last edited by Dentharial; 12-10-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Yes Wolfenswan has dropped out so the current and next games are forfeit, not sure if they should be draws or wins even if I lost a thrower to secure my win :)

Dentharial, that is an inspired match report.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just wanted to say that one of my players out injured a whole orc team last week and he should be stopped because he is a horrible player.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Great match report ;)

I know i've dropped out, but I'm trying to be sporting about it and offering a match to my opponent in Week 3. If he doesn't get back to me, it can be admin'd to a 2-0 default to him.

I plan on coming back after a 1 season break - unless there is a tight spot and you need a new team.

Has any decision been made yet about any of the three new races?

Cdorfs and underworld are ok. Khorne is not, at least for the time being.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Division D - Yet again the red-headed stepchild of the league. A grand total of zero games - seriously, I weep for humanity. I understand both games are to be played tomorrow. Let's look again tomorrow night.
    Actually Div D had a game, but it was defaulted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Division H - Graever v Wolfenswan still outstanding, I think they've agreed to adminning a draw, so if we haven't heard back on that by tomorrow I propose doing just that.
    Wolfenswan seems to have given up on the leagues judging from his post. Not really had time to try and get a confirmation on it from him but since I haven't heard from him either I'd say a draw would be the fairest decision