View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 374 of 415 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    And what happened the first game you came back after that week? Pray tell.

In case you can't recall, I've managed to capture the moment
    Why didn't you use that Apoth?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    The Apoth might have been spent already on that other injured guy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    However ST6 can break tackle into 3 tacklezones(a typical 4 man cage) on a 3+ and get 2D on a st3 player even if the entire 4 man cage is guard players.
    Yeah, that is pretty awesome. Not exactly low-risk on a bonehead loner, but still pretty awesome when it works.

If it was one of the ST6 or 7 players it'd be block no question, but with ST5 the +ST is really tempting; I doubt I'd be able to turn down a gift from Nuffle like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Yeah, that is pretty awesome. Not exactly low-risk on a bonehead loner, but still pretty awesome when it works. If it was one of the ST6 or 7 players it'd be block no question, but with ST5 the +ST is really tempting; I doubt I'd be able to turn down a gift from Nuffle like that.
    The problem is you'll be finding yourself relying on that player way too much. Depending on the rest of the team I'd rather go with Tackle, Dodge, or Sidestep (although Stand Firm might be an easier option here) for maximum annoyance in a passive role.

Edit: Also, it's not as if your opponent can't tie up that one player or stand someone in its way. Low movement means little maneuvrability, so it is really easy to block a viable path to the cage. Ogres et al. are way better at being a pesky roadblock for the cage than charging into it and falling over.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    The Apoth might have been spent already on that other injured guy.
    You are probably right. I just saw that "1" next to the red cross and assumed that there still was a treatment available. It probably had already been used, the sign is greyed out.
    Last edited by Squiz; 16-10-2012 at 12:42 PM.

because that was Joeyjojo's L6 star catcher, not mine. His first game back from rage-quitting the game for a week and I killed his star catcher. I like to bring it up every few months in case he forgot

Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    because that was Joeyjojo's L6 star catcher, not mine. His first game back from rage-quitting the game for a week and I killed his star catcher. I like to bring it up every few months in case he forgot
    Ah, I see. Well, looking at your poor Norse I'd say Nuffle went all "Giveth and you shall receiveth" on you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    The problem is you'll be finding yourself relying on that player way too much. Depending on the rest of the team I'd rather go with Tackle, Dodge, or Sidestep (although Stand Firm might be an easier option here) for maximum annoyance in a passive role.

Edit: Also, it's not as if your opponent can't tie up that one player or stand someone in its way. Low movement means little maneuvrability, so it is really easy to block a viable path to the cage. Ogres et al. are way better at being a pesky roadblock for the cage than charging into it and falling over.
    I can't imagine picking any of those over block: it's that or the +ST, really (well, maybe pro I suppose but I'd still say block is better). You're right that taking the +ST to go for break tackle cage breaking isn't the most practical thing, but you would totally feel like Nuffle's motherfucking chosen one on the rare occasions you pulled it off.

Basically I'm saying block is better, but +ST is more awesome.

Oh sorry, I somehow imagined the player in question to already have Block. I have an Ogre like this (Block, then rolled a 12) and went for Tackle. Never regretted my decision, he racks up the casualties.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    (well, maybe pro I suppose but I'd still say block is better)
    Pro gives a slightly higher turnover risk, but not by much. There's just a few percent in it, depending on whether you'd risk using a TRR to reroll a failed pro roll... probably not. The question is whether you'll be using the player for anything else other than being a roadblock. If so, I'd take the pro.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Indeed. Pro offers a nice improvement in a broad range of areas (blocking offense, Loner, other negatraits, dodging, TTM, GFI, etc), while Block is a better improvement in just two (blocking offense and defense).

Whether or not Pro is worth it depends on if the player employs those other areas and how often. Many big guys won't at all, making Block the clear winner for them.

(I do like Pro, though.)

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Indeed. Pro offers a nice improvement in a broad range of areas (blocking offense, Loner, other negatraits, dodging, TTM, GFI, etc), while Block is a better improvement in just two (blocking offense and defense).

Whether or not Pro is worth it depends on if the player employs those other areas and how often. Many big guys won't at all, making Block the clear winner for them.

(I do like Pro, though.)
    I went for it on a Treeman in a Wood Elf team, it helps with take root and standing up. For a team where TTM is an option I'd maybe take pass instead... depends really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, it does depend. For my Open Flings I would never use pro to reroll take root (to the extent that if I've used my reroll for the turn I will generally not act with my trees at all), and so pro is only for TTM, blocking and dodging. Less of an issue for woodies.

That's part of the fun that I'm finding with learning BB - how seemingly similar players have different roles in the team and should be used differently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Pro is useful for every turn you want your big guy to do something. Given my previous ogre on a human team mostly just stood there, it wouldn't have been helpful and he was a willing recipient of stand firm, guard, grab etc.etc (no doubles, note!). If you want a big guy to take an active role, take pro, it helps the big negatrait (bonehead/wild animal etc.), improves blocking somewhat AND particularly lets you try and reroll pushes for fun every turn. I've got one with block AND pro in the stunty league and he's aces :-). Generally, for a roadblock, block is perfect. But str 6 means the other big guy needs 2 assists (or a lot of luck/block) to shift you. So it's a tricky one, for sure.

Activated Node
    Alas, ntw tells me he is not going to be around for the next 10 days, so he won't be able to play our game. Its an unfortunate end to an odd season for Div K, but can someone admin the game for us?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    ntw lost to my rotters in the stunty league. I left him a broken man.

Which is odd because far more of MY men got broken.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I've just bought the Chaos edition which I believe is compatible and while I haven't really played since release I wouldn't mind trying out a Norse team.

Blackest of Black Blacks 2 - 1 Rock Paper Supper

A fun game with Zoraster ends in a fairly comfortable win for me, the final TD for the 'flings arriving on the final turn to put a better gloss on the score. It sure is nice to have a str4 ghoul though; without him it would've been significantly harder to get those 2 TDs.

So all three of us finish on equal points. Now to read those tie-breaker rules...

EDIT: gah, head-to-head decides it first. Oh well, Prester to go through then.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacamas View Post
    EDIT: gah, head-to-head decides it first. Oh well, Prester to go through then.
    Prester lost to me though hence we move onto the second phase. 'Flings may not be contenders in three way tie breaks but we still count so get that abacus out :)

that was a screenshot from that jackass's view, its ok im going to kill histomb guardains on his pub team

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Prester lost to me though hence we move onto the second phase. 'Flings may not be contenders in three way tie breaks but we still count so get that abacus out :)
    Halflings don't count surely? They're too small, right?? ;)