View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 377 of 415 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Does it always do that? I can only remember cases in which my enemy had not scored at all and I got 2 MVPs and 2 TDs as a default.
    I think it always sets your score to 2 more than your opponent's. It's possible it doesn't actually give you any SPPs for the extra TDs there though, I don't know.

Well I'm weak all those adds for Chaos Edition seeped into my brain and now I can't help but remember all my happy days of BB (the times I got nuffled have been conveniently forgotten). So I'd like to sign up for the next season, I'd ideally like the play with my personal favs Necro's but I see they are full so hopefully there will be a spot next season if not I'll need to find a new favorite :D.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    I'd ideally like the play with my personal favs Necro's but I see they are full so hopefully there will be a spot next season if not I'll need to find a new favorite :D.
    I'll happily step to another race if you'd like.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Is anyone planning on rerolling to underworld? I have a pub uwd team (much, i imagine, like everyone else), and the idea of a two-headed, big-handed, extra-armed goblin is too good to resist.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah, I'm planning on going Underworld if there is space next season. They've been my first love for a couple of years now.

Groovy having just looked at the racial balance sheet I see you've added them at the bottom of the tier one teams. They should really be in with the lower tier teams as long as it is split into tier one and the rest. Fairly cosmetic, but it is worth flagging up for the unwary newbie that they are closer to Goblin than Skaven despite the numbers suggesting the opposite.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I do love underworld. Who needs secret weapons and cheap bribes - mutations are the new cheating!

Maybe we could rearrange the Race Balance sheet so races are grouped into the three tiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Yeah, I'm planning on going Underworld if there is space next season. They've been my first love for a couple of years now.

Groovy having just looked at the racial balance sheet I see you've added them at the bottom of the tier one teams. They should really be in with the lower tier teams as long as it is split into tier one and the rest. Fairly cosmetic, but it is worth flagging up for the unwary newbie that they are closer to Goblin than Skaven despite the numbers suggesting the opposite.
    I'm not so sure of that. I'm having a much easier time playing them than I have a goblin team. They have ST access, a handful of bashy players, and still very hard to catch. I can see them being very difficult to play when teams start picking up tackle, but so far, I am 2-0-1 with them.

Also, on a related note, I failed my first animosity roll. On a TD pass. Instead I had to throw it to a downed lineman who was near, hoping for a lucky bounce. A tomb Guardian intercepted it on a 6. FML.

I'll be respecing too if Axler takes up my offer, I'm thinking something with finesse and an elegant passing game... Flings for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'll happily step to another race if you'd like.
    I would be very grateful for that mate, are you sure it's not a problem though?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Woo, Championship division here I come. 1-1 vs El Cubo in Div 1. in a very close match.

I'll be respecing too if Axler takes up my offer, I'm thinking something with finesse and an elegant passing game... Flings for example.
    *makes like a jedi*

It's not too late for you Helio. You can give up your fouling ways and join us on the Elfy side of the force. (Force in this context being the force of boot connecting with skull)

Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    I would be very grateful for that mate, are you sure it's not a problem though?
    I've been one form of corpse for a many seasons, and I can always wake them out of their tombs at a later season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    *makes like a jedi*

It's not too late for you Helio. You can give up your fouling ways and join us on the Elfy side of the force. (Force in this context being the force of boot connecting with skull)
    Can I still foul while simultaneously making the ball float like heavenly vapour?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Also, on a related note, I failed my first animosity roll. On a TD pass. Instead I had to throw it to a downed lineman who was near, hoping for a lucky bounce. A tomb Guardian intercepted it on a 6. FML.
    Diving catch is your friend in those all or nothing moments. Avoiding the animosity roll altogether by passing to an empty square next to a DC gobbo can be a useful option, especially when you have skill rerolls for both pass and catch but have used the team RR. Disclaimer: Cyanide probably screwed up the implementation of the rules somewhere so you may want to check it works properly.

Jolima smooshed up my zons to win the division I decider 2-0. I played rashly on the basis that if it worked, it worked, when I should have just sat back, but he did play well too, denying me the opportunity to use my dodge. Need more block, more guard, more sidestep.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Diving catch is your friend in those all or nothing moments. Avoiding the animosity roll altogether by passing to an empty square next to a DC gobbo can be a useful option, especially when you have skill rerolls for both pass and catch but have used the team RR. Disclaimer: Cyanide probably screwed up the implementation of the rules somewhere so you may want to check it works properly.
    Unless the goblin earned an AG boost I would be tempted by Extra Arms over Catch to go with Diving Catch, but yeah DC is awesome for this team. Maybe pick up HMP on a skaven thrower later too.

After playing the goblin team for so long I just love how versatile underworld goblins are even before doubles. Tempted to aim for a couple of Two Heads/Disturbing Presence/Side Step goblins for anti-elf/nuisancing purposes - or a couple with Prehensile Tail/Diving Tackle for similar reasons :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 19-10-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Not sure how to indicate this on the spreadsheet but there are 4 chaos teams and I'll be a 5th I will be a Tzeentch themed team, I'm thinking "Changers of Plays"

Changers of Plays? How original.

(Worth watching, if you're that way inclined. The latter matches, where cKnoor and Ethan have figured out their commentary style and can start making jokes between punches, are really good)
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

I've been one form of corpse for a many seasons, and I can always wake them out of their tombs at a later season.
    :D

Well my shiny new TV1000 Necro's are ready for the next season then.

I'll pick something else then you grumpy sod :P

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Unless the goblin earned an AG boost I would be tempted by Extra Arms over Catch to go with Diving Catch, but yeah DC is awesome for this team. Maybe pick up HMP on a skaven thrower later too.
    DC already makes you effectively AG4 when catching accurate passes so the extra arm is a waste in that context. For the empty square play I still prefer the reroll; a skill reroll trumps an extra point of AG for a specific roll. You should always work on the assumption a team RR won’t be available.

You want to be cautious about investing much in a passing game or you’ll start needing a passing game :) It should be there as the option when plan A fails but for best results you want to be investing the majority of your TV in defence and manoeuvrability.