View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 378 of 415 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Can I still foul while simultaneously making the ball float like heavenly vapour?
    You certainly can: you get both Sneaky Git and Dirty Player as regular skills on every single one of your players! (Well, except the tree if you go tree elf.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    You want to be cautious about investing much in a passing game or you’ll start needing a passing game :) It should be there as the option when plan A fails but for best results you want to be investing the majority of your TV in defence and manoeuvrability.
    Indeed. HMP is an okay fit, being just a single skill on a thrower for emergency plays in a team that is likely to utilise Diving Catch anyway. I'm really not a fan of HMP generally, so that's a lot of qualifiers!

EDIT: Hmm, I blather.

HMP is less of an investment than a full-on thrower, which would need at least 2 more passing skills to become great. HMP alone won't detract much from making him a decent runner too, which is what you really want.
    Last edited by Screwie; 19-10-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Sneaky Git and Dirty Player
    Only noob foulers bother with those skills. Wrestle, DT, even dodge(to better assist gang fouls) but Dirty player/sneaky git? Bleh, bloat.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Well sure, skills that do useful things will be better than skills that do fouling, but you get all of those on regular rolls too.

Also you get to feel superior to all the lesser teams with their crappy players who don't even have AG4. ;-)

Only noob foulers bother with those skills. Wrestle, DT, even dodge(to better assist gang fouls) but Dirty player/sneaky git? Bleh, bloat.
    Not even DP to free up one of your players? Seems like that could be handy.

Oh, and I found that UWD excel at fouling. Stunty gobbos don't want to be in contact anyway so might as well dodge them over to the soon-to-be corpse laying on the pitch for a nice gang foul

DP on one player is 20TV wasted. Apart from elves GA players are limited. Sneaky git is a legitimate skill choice for the goblins, flings and (most notably) the goblin on the orc team. It takes 90% of the risk out of those "pie in the sky" fouls like 1 man fouling the treeman.

DP on one player is 20TV wasted.
    Sorry, that's not true. DP is also great on Human and other teams' Linemen, sometimes even alright on a Dwarven Runner. Seems you're forgetting the +1 to injury rolls. If you want extra players out of position, I guess you shouldn't bother though.

Dirty player has a miniscule effect on the win:lose:both:draw ratio of fouls, sure it's better but half a zombie or a third of a lineman better?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thing is, once a lineman/zombie has block (or wrestle) that's pretty much all he needs to be effective. Tackle or whatever is nice but having a DP or two makes a significant difference. Not to mention that it acts as a tactical fear generator - distorting an opponent's play to account for the boot, where they might not for an unaugmented foul.

Even in its modern nerfed incarnation, I've always been a big fan of DP.

Dirty player has a miniscule effect on the win:lose:both:draw ratio of fouls, sure it's better but half a zombie or a third of a lineman better?
    If you're thinking like that, then the alternative is to use an additional assist, which means using another player - or in other words (typically) another 40k or more.

DP is half that cost at most. And that's ignoring the advantage of not having to take another player out of position to assist.

Got a double on an unleveled underworld blitzer. +1MV/AV or an AG skill.

I'm tempted to add dodge for survivability, or maybe jumpup to make him an eventual killer? Horns/tackle/MB/PO/JU ?

EDIT : now that I think about it, horns and jump up don't really work too well together. Ignore the double and go with guard? Get the dodge and go with guard next level? Maybe thats what I'll do.
    Last edited by chadsexington; 19-10-2012 at 11:02 PM.

If you want a pure killer, then Mighty Blow/Tackle/Claw/Piling on/Jump up/anotherskill is your general setup.

I would suggest Jump Up, then get Piling On, MB, Claw later. Underworld blitzers tend to be more useful as killers than guards. Although if you want to go with a defensive role, pick up Dodge now and Guard on a normal roll later.

As Jiiiiim and Screwie said for the killer, if you want to turn him into a support then go for dodge followed by guard and stand firm - one of the most annoying skill combinations in the game.

I'd go with Dodge, maybe Sidestep. Why? It's his first skill. You won't be using Jump Up very often until you get the CPoMB combo going, if you want to develop the player in that direction. With Dodge he'll live much longer (AV8, he's not as tough as a Chaos Warrior or Orc Blitzer) and he'll be more mobile so that he can fulfill his role as a Blitzer. Sidestep would make him more annoying and would allow you to shut down the flanks more easily.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I would ignore the double and either take guard or mighty blow.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If you are going the killer route I’d ignore it, especially this early. Jump up is uber-useful but as first skill will seriously slow down development. It means you won’t have the bash trinity until you hit the half century of SPP and you’ll have to write off either horns or whichever you want out of tackle/frenzy altogether unless you reach 176. Personally I always stick with normal skills on the killer. He already has seven normal skills he really needs to take so you can’t get everything even before you get diverted by doubles or stats.

Sorry to interrupt, on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...LqFqKgH#gid=24 says I'm division N1?

I can't find any forums for divison N , I'm probably blind though...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    N1 just means you're the first new player. You'll be assigned a division appropriately when the next season is drawn (current one is due to end in a couple of days, so probably by the end of next week).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, you'll be assigned to the bottom tier, and we have a live draw over Steam for those interested...!