View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 380 of 415 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    ARRGH YOU'RE MAKING IT WORSE!
    Okay, I'll admit that I just feel that the brutishness of even the dark elves suites less than a team that is about arrogant grace and mind boggling passing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Of all Chaos followers, Tzeentchian devotees are the ones who are absolutely dead certain they are not in control of their own destiny - because they know the guy who is.

Also you don't mention high elves once. :P

Tzeetnch as Nuffle is a good concept, although potentially Nuffle-baiting. :)
    Well, high up Tzeetnch followers know that, but the more disposable ones are more based on ambition or a lust for power, thinking they can achieve greatness. These guys are not mages or politicians, them being high elves should certainly be addressed but I'm not sure how to work it in.

Edit: Now I need a naming convention, i'm thinking autonames plus middle name quoted nicknames based on Tzeetnchian concepts.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My high elf team started with the Patented Chainsawhands No Catcher Build, and it worked out pretty well. I would say however that it's a long term build - I'm now 16 matches into this team's life and that's more than five divisions of death seasons.

I really struggled with having a max MV of 7 for the first few games, and the catchers are very very fragile until they have two skills on them. I still only have three catchers, and the third doesn't have any defensive skills as yet.

Unless you are willing to commit to the team for a couple of years, you might prefer to go for something a bit more aggressive - your 2 catcher roster seems to have more bang out of the box.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    It's maybe a bit of a longer term roster, but rerolls are the only thing that gets more expensive so it's overall quicker to get them first, and it means you've got AV8 on everyone for the first couple of matches when you don't have an apothecary. Also while high elf catchers aren't as awesome as the pro elf ones they're still fairly easy to skill up, so assuming you're going to play the team for a while it can be quite good to get the SPP on other players for a bit until the catchers show up and steal all the TDs.

Admittedly starting with 8 linemen does mean there's a chance you'll end up with too many players (16 once you've bought 4 catchers + the other thrower), but only if nobody dies, and lack of casualties is rarely an issue with elf teams...

They're both pretty solid starting rosters though, you should be fine with either.

I'm all about banging boxes, I'll need to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    Is it alright to get an extension until then? From the spreadsheet, it looks like quite a lot of people aren't done yet, so I'm hoping we won't be the only ones holding up the season end.
    *Looks at the spreadsheet* Huh, that's a lot of outstanding games, even with subtracting the ~4-5 games that are planned for tonight and tomorrow and drop-outs. Come on people, get your games in!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm all about banging boxes, I'll need to think about it.
    Or go pro elf, you can have 2 blitzers (better than high elf blitzers), 2 catchers (best in the game), a thrower (not quite as good as the high elf thrower) and three rerolls, with almost no downsides!

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Or go pro elf, you can have 2 blitzers (better than high elf blitzers), 2 catchers (best in the game), a thrower (not quite as good as the high elf thrower) and three rerolls, with almost no downsides!
    Armour isn't as pretty. I'll think about it.

Armour isn't as pretty. I'll think about it.
    Yeah, when playing a pro elf team it does help to really hate elfs so you can celebrate every time one of them breaks. ;-)

Yeah, when playing a pro elf team it does help to really hate elfs so you can celebrate every time one of them breaks. ;-)
    I tried that but then I found myself doing a 2 die against blitz on a Mino with a elf thrower. I think it's possible to hate them a little too much. :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    By this evening, the outstanding-game-not-played-yetters better have:

1) played their game and updated the spreadsheet;
    2) organised their game for soon and posted here to ask for an extension;
    3) agreed with their opponent to have an admin draw;
    4) be scheduled against someone who has dropped out, in which case you should also post here about it.

If you haven't done one of those things, I am highly likely to check the thread for your group, work out who if anyone made the best good-faith efforts to arrange a match, and set the results to my liking using the admin tool, which cannot be unset even by other admins who have more patience than I do.

Get your games in, damn your eyes. Also, harrumph.

You're not the President of me!

Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    I tried that but then I found myself doing a 2 die against blitz on a Mino with a elf thrower. I think it's possible to hate them a little too much. :D
    Depending on the situation I am in, I would totally be cool with doing that. Defender Stumbles, Pow, Both Down are all in your favour, your Catcher can always stand up the next turn. Chances are, the Mino can't. Also, Elves lying down are safe from Blocks. ;) No really, the ground is a saffffffe place.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    No really, the ground is a saffffffe place.
    Hello, have we met?

Hello, have we met?
    That's the joke...

Quote Originally Posted by AgP View Post
    Helio [...] his 9 fouls resulted in precisely zero broken players!
    The ground is a safe place. ;-)

The ground is a safe place. ;-)
    I cut you.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Has anyone validated my skaven on skaven match in div E? I really want to see if my bastard stormvermin has rolled a double. Currently he has st 4, block, tackle, guard, mighty blow. I want claw. Any suggestions if he doesnt get a double?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Piling on, obviously.

And I will admin your match around 8 this evening, if the others don't get there first.

Stand firm or frenzy would be my choices.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Shadowing, or maybe Strip Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Get your games in, damn your eyes. Also, harrumph.
    It's been a lousy season for me, this. Technical issues interrupted my second game and my week abroad meant I had to forfeit it, now it appears as though my third game isn't happening either. :(