View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 381 of 415 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,620 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Stand firm or frenzy would be my choices.
    Actually, those are perfectly valid choices. He's right.
    Frenzy should work well with your rat ogre and give you the possibility of four-square crowdsurfing, while stand firm synergises nicely with guard, since your opponent can't simply shunt your guard player away and remove the effect.

I'd still go piling on though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh strip ball and frenzy could be good choices. I dont have a rat ogre at the moment, he never performed for me then died so i never bought a new one. I should get another one really, he was a good distraction for people to hit. I'm not a big fan of piling on in a skaven team since they have hardly any strength access i need him to be standing up to give me guarding help.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think with that particular stormvermin, such a valuable piece, you want to control where he ends up. Frenzy is great, but it could get him into trouble. I'd go for piling on too.

That said, stand firm is one of those skills which I'm aware that I consistently undervalue. Maybe on a skaven team the 'vermin are the only piece reliable enough to be a roadblock?

Skaven, more than many other teams, perform massively better when outnumbering the enemy (and worse when outnumbered, although if you can keep a couple of GR's alive and on the pitch there's always the chance of sneaking a touchdown).
    I'd recommend making killer stormvermin and taking the rat ogre too.

Str4 +Frenzy + naturally high skaven movement means your opponent will start to avoid the sidelines, which gives your Gunners more scampering room.
    Mighty Blow and Piling On will allow you to maim opponents into the casualty box, giving your gutter runners more scampering room and allowing your other players to start double teaming the remaining enemy players.

It depends on two things - what you currently use him for and whether you intend on g

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Skaven, more than many other teams, perform massively better when outnumbering the enemy (and worse when outnumbered, although if you can keep a couple of GR's alive and on the pitch there's always the chance of sneaking a touchdown).
    I'd recommend making killer stormvermin and taking the rat ogre too.

Str4 +Frenzy + naturally high skaven movement means your opponent will start to avoid the sidelines, which gives your Gunners more scampering room.
    Mighty Blow and Piling On will allow you to maim opponents into the casualty box, giving your gutter runners more scampering room and allowing your other players to start double teaming the remaining enemy players.
    It depends on what you currently use him for. If you blitz with him regularly and dont intend on getting the ogre get frenzy. If he's blocking more than blitzing I'd leave frenzy as its easy for your opponent to pull him away from the play as often you aren't picking where the opponent you are hitting is in relation to the ball. If you're blocking i'd prefer either stand firm, piling on or an off the wall suggestion - break tackle? Makes him a more mobile guard piece?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Break tackle to get that guard where you want it.

Edit: Damn :)

Hohoho!!

President Weasel - I believe Wolfenswan has upped and left so my game is still outstanding.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Has anyone validated my skaven on skaven match in div E? I really want to see if my bastard stormvermin has rolled a double. Currently he has st 4, block, tackle, guard, mighty blow. I want claw. Any suggestions if he doesnt get a double?
    Match validated.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Hohoho!!

President Weasel - I believe Wolfenswan has upped and left so my game is still outstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Unless Graever and 20Phoenix don't insist on playing the games against me I'd like to opt out the reason of the season and take a BB break afterwards. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I used to and having shit injury dice with WElf teams didn't help.
    Yep, I found the post from him confirming that.
    Currently you have 6 points and Lowkey has 3. You beat Lowkey in your match, so you're guaranteed promotion no matter what happens with the Lowkey/Graever match up, so I shall admin your match to 0-0 to match Graever's.

Looks like Lowkey and Graever are trying to have their match this evening, according to the Div H group thread thinger. Good work, Div H.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 22-10-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Network Hub
    I want to put my team on a hiatus for a season or two. What's the protocol for that?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I dont even know what to do with this damn stormvermin. He rolled a 10, but with a 6 and 4. So i can go a normal skill for him OR +AV or +MV.

Here are the outstanding matches by Division:

Div Champs: Laneford vs Chainsawhands - scheduled for this evening

Div 2: Somanyrobots vs Grinn: they tried to have their match ages ago but Grinn didn't show up (possibly confusion due to time zones. Then 'robots was away for a while; the last post I see says something along the lines of "totally free the week after (i.e. this week) so we can try to get an extension or just take the default". Let us know if you need that extension, fellas. You've got until Tuesday no problem, since Groovy is playing then, and we can probably squeeze Weds in too and maybe even Thurs?

Div A: Alini vs the Brain: scheduled for this evening. Good work, Div A

Div C: Dave vs Screwie: looks like Dave missed a couple of scheduled attempts to play this one, and now they're out of time. They can't do Monday or Tuesday - I am tempted to give the win to Screwie unless they can maybe sort something out for Weds or Thurs?

Div D: AgP vs Kajo is scheduled for today, and Groovy's match is scheduled for tomorrow. Since Groovy is the God King of Admins, I am pretty sure he can have an extension until then :)

Div E: Dentharial vs Karandaz: Looks like they're hoping for an extension til Thursday. I shall refer this one to the Admin Committee.

Div F: chadsexington vs wink5000: looks like they tried to have the match yesterday but couldn't find each other on the Steams. Let us know if you're going to try again before Thursday?

Div G: Dog Pants vs Zenohero: scheduled for this evening. Good work, Div G.

Div H: Graever vs Lowkey: scheduled for this evening.

Div K: mrJoose vs ntw: Looks like an admin draw unless ntw gets back in time to get the game in before Thurs.

Div L: dissident vs Drawlien: Drawlien has posted in the thread to try to organise the match, dissident hasn't (and the indications are they haven't been in touch in Steam or whatever) so unless dissident asks for an extension I'll give an admin win to Drawlien when I do the rest of them (which looks like being Thursday).

So, unless there are any objections from Groovy, let's set Thursday as the absolute drop-dead-line to get your games in or else have them admin-resulted to whatever seems best.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 22-10-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Alini and I might need to put our teams into hibernation for a season or two as well - we'll be away (on honeymoon! In Japan! Where Blood Bowl will be quite inconvenient, so I'm not sure it was such a great idea!) from 11th November to 2nd December, so taking part in the next season will depend on how quickly the changeover's worked through.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    I dont even know what to do with this damn stormvermin. He rolled a 10, but with a 6 and 4. So i can go a normal skill for him OR +AV or +MV.
    Forget all the other shit, give him +AG, and make him a terrifyingly effective receiving threat in the backfield. Anyone who tries to mark him gets a mighty blow punch in the face while you throw to a gutter runner instead, and if they leave him un- or lightly-marked you can ag4 dodge away, str4 mighty blow blitz whoever is trying to mark your gunner, and then throw the ball to the gunner over the twitching body of the marker.

That's my advice, anyway. Also, can I have your team?

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Alini and I might need to put our teams into hibernation for a season or two as well - we'll be away (on honeymoon! In Japan! Where Blood Bowl will be quite inconvenient, so I'm not sure it was such a great idea!) from 11th November to 2nd December, so taking part in the next season will depend on how quickly the changeover's worked through.
    Hey, congratulations! Good luck, you crazy kids*!

*this is something that old people say to people who are getting married, in films that may only exist in my head.

Forget all the other shit, give him +AG, and make him a terrifyingly effective receiving threat in the backfield. Anyone who tries to mark him gets a mighty blow punch in the face while you throw to a gutter runner instead, and if they leave him un- or lightly-marked you can ag4 dodge away, str4 mighty blow blitz whoever is trying to mark your gunner, and then throw the ball to the gunner over the twitching body of the marker.

That's my advice, anyway. Also, can I have your team?
    This is possibly the worst advice ever.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Alini and I might need to put our teams into hibernation for a season or two as well - we'll be away (on honeymoon!
    Congrats!

Forget all the other shit, give him +AG, and make him a terrifyingly effective receiving threat in the backfield.
    He rolled 10, not 11.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    This is possibly the worst advice ever.
    Also he didn't even roll the option, so it's bad advice he can't even take :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I might give him strip ball...

Also he didn't even roll the option, so it's bad advice he can't even take :)
    Oh, if he'd actually rolled the +AG he should totally take it, it's just... well, you figured it out. ;-)

Activated Node
    Div K: mrJoose vs ntw: buggered if I know, I can't see anything in the thread about it.
    Ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by MrJoose View Post
    Alas, ntw tells me he is not going to be around for the next 10 days, so he won't be able to play our game. Its an unfortunate end to an odd season for Div K, but can someone admin the game for us?
    Although if he is back before thursday i'm happy to still play the game. I want to try out my deathroller damnit!