View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 382 of 415 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,640 of 8290
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    I might give him strip ball...
    Don't you have a gutter runner for those sorts of duties? He seems to have more killer skills now, and I don't think you should mix a ball stripper and a killer.

I'm not sure how you utilize him, but if you're blitzing with him a lot and want to build him into a killer, then frenzy is a good choice. But you would lose some degree of control over him. Then, if you want more of a support and road block type then stand firm is good. Break tackle to to make him more mobile, although that's only +1 improvement to dodges over ag3 and since you can't decide whether to use it or not, it's not as good skill as on TT. Two heads would be superior to break tackle.

MA or AV don't seem like that hot picks to me. He already has high MA and AV is not a very proactive pick. Plus it's totally negated by claw.

So... basically what 20phoenix said ;) I think I'd pick stand firm.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea i do have a gutter runner with wrestle and strip ball. So i'm probably going to give him stand firm. I will mull it over.

I'd give him +mv, because more move is always good. Otherwise I'd take stand firm as it goes really well with guard, and if they don't manage to knock him down they can't just push him out of base contact so you can hit back.

Also about schedules: it seems our wait time between match days and season starts has gone up a lot recently which makes it harder to predict which weekends need time set aside for BB (being from the US weekends are usually the only viable option).

Maybe we should consider raising the number of days people have to play? Either way it would be nice to see a stricter adherence to the deadlines.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Div Champs: Laneford vs Chainsawhands - scheduled for this evening
    Unfortunately Laneford's had to concede as his mobile broadband isn't up to downloading the patch. :-/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    ah, lovely. I shall amend the thread. Let us know by Thursday if you're going to get the game in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @Next season - Our third child is due on 24 November, and in anticipation I'm cutting down my BB. I'll probably sit out the next DoD season and maybe the one after. I'll still be in the Open and I'll still be on the forum. I'll be back in the divisions at some point. I have marked up the sheet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    It seems a shitty way to concede a possible championship winning season ( a long shot, but possible) but I can't see any way of downloading this megapatch. I assume its for CE?

Anyway, if I can't play, I'll need to put my team into cryostasis for at least a season, as BT are about as quick as a particularly relaxed snail on ketamine, and aren't scheduled to install my broadband until the 26th November.

Will I have to return in the bottom div? Or I can I restart somewhere in the middle?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    We'll try to put returning players back in the mix if we can (space permitting), but you might need to give me a big heads up when you're returning so we get you added back in. We probably could do with a different letter code for returning players who want to come back with their original team just so I don't overlook them and put them in the higher divs where possible. Also, gratz to all who are doing things that are great -marriages, births etc. - even if it is dragging you away from blood bowl...;-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Hi Guys,

Just been playing Everblue in a game and he said this is a good place to join up for some friendly league play so here i am!

Been playing for about a month afer a 20 year break so i am taking my beatings with good humour.

had a look at everything and think i would like to roll a pro elf team, looks like there is still room for them Will add my details onto the spread sheet and hope to see you across the field soon

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    We'll try to put returning players back in the mix if we can (space permitting), but you might need to give me a big heads up when you're returning so we get you added back in. We probably could do with a different letter code for returning players who want to come back with their original team just so I don't overlook them and put them in the higher divs where possible. Also, gratz to all who are doing things that are great -marriages, births etc. - even if it is dragging you away from blood bowl...;-)
    Don't worry about it Groovy - I'm happy to slot in wherever. Or even reroll.

@Lefty - Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    @Next season - Our third child is due on 24 November, and in anticipation I'm cutting down my BB. I'll probably sit out the next DoD season and maybe the one after. I'll still be in the Open and I'll still be on the forum. I'll be back in the divisions at some point. I have marked up the sheet.
    Congratulations! Good luck, you crazy kids!

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    It seems a shitty way to concede a possible championship winning season ( a long shot, but possible) but I can't see any way of downloading this megapatch. I assume its for CE?

Anyway, if I can't play, I'll need to put my team into cryostasis for at least a season, as BT are about as quick as a particularly relaxed snail on ketamine, and aren't scheduled to install my broadband until the 26th November.

Will I have to return in the bottom div? Or I can I restart somewhere in the middle?
    I can completely empathise with this. Our company moved HQ last week and are currently running with no phone lines as with 3 months time to prepare from the point the contracts were signed they still failed at getting lines operational. Its not like we pay them the best part of 40k a year or anything......

It doesnt make a huge amount of difference to the league as i'm already promoted but why do I get an admin draw against Wolfenswan? He quit after one game this season.....

Div G: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 2 - 1 Crunchy Skaven (SKA, Zenohero)

The teams line up on a fine day for the last match of Div G. The imbalance of punchy Khemri vs Rapid Skaven leaves the crowd thirsting for blood and fine dashing plays. But mostly blood. The game begins with the Crunchy Skaven kicking into midfield where Anupshi Rises recover the ball and start to shamble up the pitch. The Skaven are unable to resist, but do slow the advance and cause it to bunch up. As it does a fireball dashes against the cluster of brittle and dry undead, but with little permanent affect. The Khemri play a text-book cage play and slowly grind their way up the pitch, pushing the lighter opponents out of the way like a particularly malodorous snowplough. With attrition taking its toll (although only one rat out for the game) the Anupshi Rises Thro-Ra reaches the touch line with time to spare, so the team hangs about for a little while to beat up the opponent before stepping across to score.

The second half starts promisingly for the Skaven. They receive a short kick from their opponents and use the advantage in speed to hurry a rat right to the touchline in the opening seconds. A couple of back-field skeletons catch the interloper, but failing to observe that the Skaven runner had the Sidestep skill only succeed in pushing him over the line where they meant to send him crowd-surfing.
    Having equalised, the Crunchy Skaven return to the field in the knowledge that their opponent now has almost a full half to score again. The nerves show as the kicker drops the ball into the crowd, who give it to a Tomb Guardian for a laugh. The whole Khemri team forms a tight knot around the hulking ball carrier, which proceeds to slowly push a solid line of Skaven down the pitch, leaving a trickle of downed and KOd as it goes. As the crowd begins to get bored of the slow Khemri play, a plucky rat manages to wrestle the overzealous ball carrier to the ground and send the ball free. A scramble ensues, but the sheer volume of undead nearby forces the lighter Skaven off the ball before they can recover it and it is found by the handy Thro-Ra. Throughout the game Nuffle smiled its black-toothed grimace at the Crunchy Skaven, tripping them more often than they had any right to be tripped, and as a finale bounced the last-rat blitz off the bony ribs of the Thro-Ra to allow an end of half winning touchdown.

Coach Dog Pants knows things are grim. Avoiding relegation depends on overall performance against the last opponent, and Khemri aren't known for finesse. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Coach calls in his assistant, a Goblin on loan from a backwater team playing out of the Bretonian forests. Putting his hat and coat on the puzzled greenskin he hurries him into the tomb of the Pharaowners and hopes for the best. Luck is on his side, and shortly after he sighs in relief as the goblins screams of protests fall silent. The Coach may now have to paint himself green and wear a false nose, but he lives to fight another day. As he once more addresses his team he thanks his luck that the long-dead Khemri think all the living look the same.

Div F: chadsexington vs wink5000: looks like they tried to have the match yesterday but couldn't find each other on the Steams. Let us know if you're going to try again before Thursday?
    We played on sunday and I had to bail as my kid was in the process of killing my cat (cats fine, kid failed the armour roll). Since our timezones are vastly different and i'm dropping this team I am electing not to rematch and give him the 2-0 decision. You can validate whenever you please.

Activated Node
    In Div 2, Grinn and I had schedule unmanageability, so we're not going to be able to play our match. If an admin could default it (and in so doing, cement Grinn's promotion to the championship division, congrats! And also my ignominious relegation), that would be good.

Relatedly, I'm going to take a break for at least next season, maybe more. I start at a new job next week, so reclaiming a few hours each week would be helpful. (Plus, a common fate: I've gotten tired generally of managing awkward cross-Atlantic scheduling.)

So idiot that I am I managed to forget I was supposed to play LowKey tonight :(

Could we maybe have an extension until Wednesday? If not i think LowKey deserves to win this one for actually showing.

Activated Node
    Finished my division D game with Kajo, with a whole hour of the deadline to spare. A really good match, finely balanced and went right to the wire. 1-1 with one turn to go, my AG5 catcher had to make three 2+ dodges (with dodge) and 3 GFI's (with team RR) to score an unlikely winner. He made the dodges look effortless in true elven style, but burned the RR on the first GFI, then failed the second to fall a fraction short. Good fun and could have gone either way, Kajo played well and I had to rely on AG5 elves to get back into the game. Final score: Agathis Avengers 1 - 1 Kajers.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    It doesnt make a huge amount of difference to the league as i'm already promoted but why do I get an admin draw against Wolfenswan? He quit after one game this season.....
    because it doesn't make a huge difference to the league and because that's what Graver got:

Yep, I found the post from him confirming that.
    Currently you have 6 points and Lowkey has 3. You beat Lowkey in your match, so you're guaranteed promotion no matter what happens with the Lowkey/Graever match up, so I shall admin your match to 0-0 to match Graever's.

Looks like Lowkey and Graever are trying to have their match this evening, according to the Div H group thread thinger. Good work, Div H.

Quote Originally Posted by Graever View Post
    So idiot that I am I managed to forget I was supposed to play LowKey tonight :(

Could we maybe have an extension until Wednesday? If not i think LowKey deserves to win this one for actually showing.
    Tch. Can Lowkey play that day? If so, you can have an extension. If not, he wins by default for showing up and hanging around for a bit.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 23-10-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Also about schedules: it seems our wait time between match days and season starts has gone up a lot recently which makes it harder to predict which weekends need time set aside for BB (being from the US weekends are usually the only viable option).

Maybe we should consider raising the number of days people have to play? Either way it would be nice to see a stricter adherence to the deadlines.
    Speaking as one of the people holding the end of season up, I'm all for tighter adherence to deadlines, and will happily accept an admin draw.

In this particular case, Karandraz had internet troubles and there seemed to be other people also falling behind for one reason or another, so I figured there was no harm in asking about an extension.

Right now we have our match scheduled for Thursday evening, but if the admins are able to wrap things up sooner than that, then just drop a note in the thread and there'll be no hard feelings.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/