View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 394 of 415 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,880 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Still waiting on B chaps, I'll give you until tomorrow (there is a score in there, but not on the sheet, so....).

Skydancer, I defaulted your game as it'll be fairer if everyone picks up a win against you, but I won't send you to the bottom, just down one division after your 3 losses ;-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Still waiting on B chaps, I'll give you until tomorrow (there is a score in there, but not on the sheet, so....).
    I will have you all murdered to death, damn your eyes!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Cole: Partway into a new season, but we've got a pretty quick turnaround so it shouldn't take more than maybe three weeks. Might as well go ahead and stick your details on the spreadsheet.
    Details spreadsheet'd.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    A Glorious 4 - 0 victory, unfortunately 2 linemen Ambition and Doubt both died, but Doubt sought out a second opinion from the Apothecary who suggested he skip a game and put his feet up. That leaves me at 7-1 so far in the season... Bloody elves.

I got 3 ups, a blitzer a catcher and a thrower. The thrower rolled 6+4 for a non double MV/AV and the other 2 were regs. I'm thinking Dodge, Block, Sure hands. Any suggestions?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    A Glorious 4 - 0 victory, unfortunately 2 linemen Ambition and Doubt both died, but Doubt sought out a second opinion from the Apothecary who suggested he skip a game and put his feet up. That leaves me at 7-1 so far in the season... Bloody elves.

I got 3 ups, a blitzer a catcher and a thrower. The thrower rolled 6+4 for a non double MV/AV and the other 2 were regs. I'm thinking Dodge, Block, Sure hands. Any suggestions?
    Extra MV on any elf player is worth it I think. Stun your opponent with your shocking mobility! Especially useful on a thrower, so they can hang further back safely.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Cole View Post
    Details spreadsheet'd.
    Welcome!

(this bit is only so my message was 10 chars long)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post

I'd take the +MV on the thrower but the other two choices are sound. I'd leave sure hands until after you have accurate too

Missing score added

Dave loses 2-0 for generally being terrible at arranging a match (it's really not difficult - what you do is: you arrange a match, and then you turn up roughly when you arranged to play it, and then you play it)

I'll move the last remaining Division on, making it officially Week 2.

Also, screw it I am getting a minotaur for my chaos team. Nothing else has worked to halt my slide down the divisions from the pinnacle to the not-far-from-the-scrap-heap, so let's do something I have always been convinced is a terrible idea. Maybe I am just Wrongy McWrongerson. Let's see.

My Norse beat Kanesuke's Undead 1:0 after a match where the ball spent most of the time surrounded by players on the halfway line.

Yet again no one died.

Div H

Jiiim vs Weasel

Jiiim used his wizard to prevent a debut minotaur touchdown. If it weren't for his match reports, I'd swear the man has no soul.

Later he got a ridiculously improbable succession of 5s to pick the ball up and move it the entire length of the field, denying me a fully deserved win, the jammy bastard.

Oh it was glorious. The scoop, the long pass, the catch, the GFI, the other GFI, and the catch. Gloooorious.

I had 800 inducements to play with, so went with Zara, two merc linemen fodder, a wizard, a bribe and two babes. All useful in the end, though I think in hindsight I might have swapped the two fodder for one dirty player merc.

I also surfed about five chaos players.
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 15-11-2012 at 09:54 PM.

joined the steam group, added myself to the spreadsheet, count me in :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Masquerade Ballers (Elf, The Brain) 1 - 0 Doomdark's Revenge (Chaos, me)

Very tight game. First half I received, hoping to kill off a few of The Brain's rookie linemen and give myself a 1-0 lead and a numbers advantage in the second half. Didn't work out at all, with the elves' 7 armour proving more than sufficient (I STILL have no bloody tackle on a beastman - for about 6 games I've been promising myself that the next beastman to level will get tackle, and I've got bugger all SPP on my beastmen in those games). I had about a two thirds chance of a touchdown on turn 8, but failed a 3+ dodge to go in 0-0.

Second half was surprisingly close, and I managed to stall the elf attack (with some help from the dice), but in going for the win rather than the draw I tried to dodge my ball carrier away from his annoying bastard DT blodger sidestepper must die soon blitzer, and spilled the ball. It eventually wound up in the hands of one of the Brain's catchers, who scored on turn 16.

Good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Oh it was glorious. The scoop, the long pass, the catch, the GFI, the other GFI, and the catch. Gloooorious.

I had 800 inducements to play with, so went with Zara, two merc linemen fodder, a wizard, a bribe and two babes. All useful in the end, though I think in hindsight I might have swapped the two fodder for one dirty player merc.

I also surfed about five chaos players.
    I think you missed a GFI at the start there?
    But essentially, that sums it up. It was pretty brutal, especially as I was a "Jim not rolling pow on 2 dice" away from winning 2-0.

And a dodge in the first place, no?
    Last edited by President Weasel; 15-11-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Oh how this thread has grown since I was last here!

Suddenly finding myself with more available time, and likely to be so for awhile, so hoping to rejoin the leagues.

I have re-added the Slay City Slayers as an Undead team to the RPS leagues of DOOM.

Looking forward to some mayhem on the pitch.

Mine and Cyber's game is done in E devision.
    First half had him move down field with me unable to get anything but pushes and about to rage quit, he made a bunch of great dodges and catches to compleatly bypass me and get the ball down to my final yard line so i hit his pogoer with my wizard and KO'd him and then surrounded the ball as best i could but he still got a TD.
    The last few turns of the half were more pushes, more rage, till i got fed up and went with a single die on a troll knocking him down and ultimatly KO'd. That was the only highlight for me in the first half...

Second half I recieved and his troll failed to get up which was the first smile i'd had all game. I picked up the ball and then the knockdown fest started...My first turn of the half i injured his other troll, a goblin and his goblin bomb thrower guy, and the next 2 consecutive turns it was another goblin and his chainsaw guy injured. So with little to stop me i moved in for a td.

I tride a short kick since he had but few goblins to stop me and no trolls, didnt quite work, we fought for the ball in the corner for a bit, he got free and was in range for another td somehow, i managed to stop that, and went for a final crazy(and stupid greedy idea) to get a touchdown from a pickup, run, pass dodge, ect shit which stopped at the ball pickup...His final turn saw him pick it up in 2 TZ and i was beginning to rage again but thankfully he was not able to make the dodge...

Was a fun game, i dont know about cyber but i spent alot of the game freaking the hell out

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo View Post
    Was a fun game, i dont know about cyber but i spent alot of the game freaking the hell out
    I spent a lot of it making devil's horns and fist pumping the air in fact... until your injury fest, anyway ;). That last move actually ended on a failed pick-up I think, with re-roll. I used Samba on the odds afterwards: 5+ pick-up and two 3+ dodges, with dodge and a TRR, gave a 43% chance of success, so it wouldn't have been that fluky... just kinda fluky. Anyway, it was a fun and exciting match, and I think the 1-1 scoreline was a fair result.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Beasts of Bembridge (Nurg, Janek) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)

I think my game against Janek can be summed up as, I overreached and paid the price. I think the fear of just how much Disturbing Presence screws up my game spurred me to push really hard to not get caught up in it.

On the first kick I sent three elves into the backfield to try and corner the lone beastman ball carrier. I injured one of my Pass Blockers trying to moved through TZs for an interception (which in hindsight would have worked just fine and caused the pass to scatter if he'd stopped one square earlier... dammit). Quite a few unnecessary GFIs.... the list goes on. I took a lot of chances. And the upshot of this was, I burned my TRRs quickly and then flopped around a lot because I had none to fall back on later.

The result was a bunch of elves throwing themselves in vain against a wall of... Nurgleness that creeped ever so slowly forward.

But despite all that, the match had some fantastic moments and reminded me just why I enjoy playing elves so much.

The first half Janek received and ground forward. Fortunately I was able to slow them right down with Shadowing and stubbornness. The drive continued down to my Turn 7 when, with the enemy ball carrier easily within scoring distance and heavily guarded, my assassin blitzed and desperation-stabbed the ball carrier... KO-ing him! Janek shoves away the blitzers marking the ball but fumbles the pick up. His half was over! I could hold the draw.

...Or I could do this in Turn 8:

:D

Unfortunately in my eagerness a skull-TRR-skull killed my receiving advantage right away, and we ended up with a second half looking very much like a repeat of the first.

Once again I managed to hold out to the very last, but Janek's warrior ball carrier was adjacent to the end zone in Turn 15 and all I could do was put three elves on him and try and prevent the blitz through. The third guy failed his dodge roll and so I couldn't present enough strength to cause a problem.

Janek finished it off neatly, scoring the goal on a follow-up to blocking one of my blodgers off the end of the pitch!

Final Score: Beasts of Bembridge 1 - 1 Dread Pool

Solidly entertaining match, especially considering it was a drag-out crawl from start to finish. Janek and I are both still tied at the top of our division, so it's all to play for in Day 3.

---

EDIT: Unrelated... @President Weasel, your forum inbox is full up sir.
    Last edited by Screwie; 16-11-2012 at 10:38 AM.