View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 4 of 415 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Last night, me and Phil played the opening game of season 10 of the Divisions of Death, division 4. A nice normal fine day as my brand new humans faced off against his lightly levelled lizards
    That sounded like the perfect Human victory over the scalies. Bravo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I don't know about perfect, but certainly much more fun than playing as my Norsemen :-D (apologies to those of you who are starting as norse, I'm sure you'll do much better with them than I did!).

Heyhey, I've joined Div5 now, sorry I'm late and apologies to any reserves who were hoping to pinch my slot :P

Obscure Node
    I've applied to Div 5 - glad I double-checked this tonight ;)

Obscure Node
    Just want to check, I was in div 7 and now i'm not - did i miss out on doing something important?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Curiousity, when are our matches accepted? I'd very much like to see what my brave little catcher earned herself.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Right, division 5 has started! We're all go now. Unfortunately for Khryses and Rakysh, the 2 original players turned up finally, so you've missed out on this season. We'll surely get you in next season, sorry to get your hopes up!

@Duke, you were in division 7 on the sheet, but you needed to apply in game last week. When you didn't get your application in, it was assumed you'd lost interest/forgotten since you added your name to sheet. We can't get started until the application is in so it fell to the reserves to take your place. Sorry if that wasn't clear. We're happy to hold a place for you for next season.

@Vexing Vision - You get your points when one of our admins approves the result... I just looked and osmeone's already done it, so you should be good to find out what your winnings are

NB: For the new guys - There is a great 'bug' that Cyanide have in the private leagues, whereby what you see on the winnings screen is not always what you receive. As far as we can tell, it rerolls your winnings again after that screen. So you may have more/less than you expect after one game. As far as I've seen it does average out over time, but it can be a bit frustrating to be told you've won 80k then get 30k. It can go the other way too though, which is a pleasant surprise. Just a warning!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Network Hub
    What a scrappy game! It was always going to be with two no/low level Chaos teams. With a nice pass and catch to give Jarvis the lead it was all looking good with only 1 badly hurt beastman and with me having 1 KO it was all square. Then 1 death followed by a beastman getting free to equalise to end the first half Jarvis started to go down hell. After an uneventful blitz event. The game stagnated with just pounding on each other resulting in another dead beastman for Jarvis.

Overall 1-1 but as Chaos I think it is actually 2-0 (deaths) and claiming that as a win. Good game Jarvis! Now when did I put that Chainsaw!

Division 3

The Dead Comic Society (Khemri) vs. Salem's Lot (Necro)

2 - 0

Ugh. Des is hands down the unluckiest player I've ever seen. As he explained it, it was like he was playing an undead, slow Skaven team.

Des wins the toss and elects to receive and gets a quick-snap on the kickoff, shuffles players around and begins moving in. With my first good hit of the match, a 2D block on a Wight and a stupid skeleton (Who levelled up from this) kills Des' Wight who promptly fails his regen roll and Des has now lost both Wights since starting the team. Then it really went to hell, with Des losing players to KOs left and right and only managing the odd stun here and there to compensate. Of course the Khemri amazing skill with the ball kicked in again and it took 3 turns to walk in what should have been an easy TD so on the halftime whistle it was 1-0 with 4 KOs and a death for Salem's Lot, and not a scratch to the Comics.

Second half started off with me getting the positioning bug leaving a TG randomly placed on the pitch, but not so out of place I couldn't use him to cage up. Cage rumbled forward and the bad luck for Des continued, dropping a few players to KOs and an unlucky Frenzy roll knocked his remaining WW (Worth pointing out here; one WW got KOed early on and sat out the entire game despite Babe assistance) to the floor leaving the Comics to run in the second TD.

Play resumed with the Comics getting yet another reroll and some insane luck (3 GFIs, a 2D block on a Block-WW) popped the ball free. A mad scramble around the ball, a last-minute injury on Des' remaining WW (Just badly hurt thankfully), and the Comics missed a 3rd TD by failing to pick the ball up.

I couldn't believe how many times Des lost armour rolls, while he did only suffer 2 causalities the fact one is a dead Wight and the sheer number of KOs flying around meant his players were frequently almost 2:1 outnumbered.

Utterly brutal, Des is owed some BIG karma.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    @Vexing Vision - You get your points when one of our admins approves the result... I just looked and osmeone's already done it, so you should be good to find out what your winnings are
    Sorry not true, Division F hasn't got either result validated yet.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Sorry not true, Division F hasn't got either result validated yet.
    I presume he's looking at Division 7? We're all F and finished our games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KayD View Post
    I presume he's looking at Division 7? We're all F and finished our games.
    Didn't seem validated when I checked late last night, either.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Whoops, okay so we're obviously eager but let's not go on about it :) We are just one division among a dozen others, after all.

Thinking about it, I may not have been in the 'league management' mode. So... yeah. Maybe I missed that. I put it down to tiredness :-). I'll try to take another look tonight when I'm paying better attention, if one of the other admins doesn't beat me to it :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Silent But Deadly (Dark Elves, Pres. Weasel) 2 - 1 Longus Barba (Dorfs, MrPier)

The story of the Dwarf-based performance enhancement scheme, and how Iron Quinns came good.

I'd been chatting to one of my other opponents about this match, and they mentioned that I might want to prune my team, bloated by two unskilled assassins I had recently bought. I said I'd just let the dwarfs prune my team for me. I had 200 more TV, which gave MrPier a wizard and a babe.

In the first half, things went pretty much as you'd expect. The Dark Elves scored pretty quickly and the dwarfs caged up and ground forward. I just managed to get a 2-dice against on the ball carrier in turn 7 but it came to nothing (I'd used the reroll on a GFI just to get that close). The half finished 1-1, but the main surprise was that there was still plenty of elves upright and fighting. There was one injured dwarf, one sent off elf lineman (no point giving him dirty player if you're not going to stamp on faces), and maybe a couple of KO'd elves.

In the second half Pier fielded his dreaded Death Roller and started work on the 2 part of "2-1 grind".

However his cage got a bit disrupted by the sheer number of downed elves on the pitch, and I found a corner with no guard on it (note to future opponents of MrPier - ha ha, I don't have to play him any more! I swear some of his players have guard twice). I'm pretty sure I needed a natural 6 to make the dodge in, but it succeeded, I got a one dice blitz on the ball carrier ( i think I rerolled from skull to pow?), the ball broke outside the cage, only in one tackle zone. I rode my luck a bit more, dodged a lino away from a dwarf with tackle and onto the ball, picking it up, then dodging away (again from a dwarf with tackle) and heading up the pitch away from the dwarfs. I was pretty sure I had the dwarfs tied up in the melee, making it hard for Pier to land a solid hit on the lino, and Pier had no safety meaning if I could get away then the touchdown was assured.

Pier's wizard (remember him? I hadn't!) nuked the lino. He dropped like a sack of electrocuted elf, although at least he was unhurt. Pier scooped the ball up.

Quinns then proceeded to do several dodges, blitz down the ball carrier, scoop the ball, and run. I thought I'd made him entirely safe but Pier managed to get the death roller right next to him.

Quinns had to make just one easy dodge to score a touchdown. Quinns has agi5. The deathroller had a list of horrible skills as long as my arm, but none of them was tackle. Quinns just had to roll 2 or more to score a touchdown, and with one turn left the game would be in the bag.

If you have been following the adventures of this team you will know that Iron Quinns always rolls a 1 in these situations, to the point where I started bearing a grudge against real life Quinns.

This time he didn't. Today, Quinns was a hero.

The motivational story:

I had two assassins on the pitch, Dark Trevor McSinister, with 2SPP, and a generically named one ("Blood Flayer" or "Stab Bringer" or similar). Blood Stabber, or whatever his name was, had been stabbing away all match to no effect. Then he took a hit and died. I contemplated apocing him but instead took a long, hard look at Trevor and typed "NO SPP's AND HE'S HAD SEVERAL GOES AT THAT AV8 TROLL SLAYER WITHOUT EVEN SCRATCHING HIM, I DON'T NEED HIM".
    My team was pruned. My other assassin was inspired. Two turns later he stabbed the troll slayer and stunned him! I was so proud.

In the end I never even used the apoc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Ah yes, overall under par for the hurting today, I broke armour plenty of times, in the end I think there was at least five or six? elves down in the KO box but only the one assassin in the injury box. I even had a chance to score in turn 12 with a handoff and a gfi which I choose not to pursue since PW still had 8 or 9 concious elves at that point and could probably still score in two or three turns, in hindsight of course I should have tried that one :-/ Worst part of the game came when I tried to map out a path for my deathroller to blitz his ballcarrier and misclicked making it a move action instead and it was my last good chance of stopping his second touchdown.

Overall I must say I'm happy with my dwarves today, loosing the ball was mostly poor planning on my part and they did break armour plenty, I just wish there were more injuries, better luck with that next time against Nullkigans amazons I say :-)

Obscure Node
    @Duke, you were in division 7 on the sheet, but you needed to apply in game last week. When you didn't get your application in, it was assumed you'd lost interest/forgotten since you added your name to sheet. We can't get started until the application is in so it fell to the reserves to take your place. sorry if that wasn't clear. We're happy to hold a place for you for next season.

No problems i thought there may be some hiccups on the way to starting this seen as i have never played a multiplayer game of bloodbowl in my life. Hopefully this means i can get a few games practice in and sign up for next season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Have you signed up for the RPS Challenge League? That's an unstructured league where anyone can challenge anyone else rather than having a fixed schedule. Good place to get some games against human opponents, and we'll probably be able to give you some pointers on the difference between playing the AI (which is relatively limited) and playing humans (who are generally tricksy, cunning, and blackhearted).

Whilst President Weasel and Mr Pier were playing, I managed to grind Zora's Rats of Westminster to a 2-2 draw.

I'm now staring at http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Bag_of_rats and wishing I could bring a sword to my next bloodbowl match.

Rylon and I just finished our game. Both our teams forgot to bring armour to today's match, but I was able to get the injury lead first and took the game 3-0.

Sorry about the bum luck Rylon. Nuffle will make it up to you next week :)

edit: Is there a DoD bbmanager league?
    Last edited by potatoedoughnut; 08-06-2011 at 01:34 AM.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High