View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 400 of 415 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 8290
    Div A: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 2 - 0 Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git (ORC, Squirrelfanatic)

The fans roar in anticipation of a bloody game between these fighting teams, as Anupshi Rises make a short kick. Catching their opponents off guard, the Khemri lurch forwards to menace the ball before the Orcs can react. Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git rush to react but their thrower can't keep his hands on the ball, which bounds further from him. The Anupshi Thro-Ra is not far away, and seeing an opportunity grabs it and in an uncharacteristically dexterous play hands off to his colleague who dashes for the line. The Orc thrower tries to make amends by catching the hurrying Thro-Ra, but somewhere along the line the bony ball carrier has picked up some extra strength and pushes through for a record speed touchdown for Anupshi Rises.
    Play begins again with ball falling near the centre line again, and the Orcs don't fall for the same kick twice. The thrower collects and passes across the pitch to a waiting blitzer behind the line of scrimmage. Meanwhile the orc line clears a path by giving their opponents a good pounding. The attackers cage up and drive right down the centre of the pitch through the smashed defences, but can't make it through in time before their opponents are on their feet again. The cage is burst and the ball changes hands a few times in the confusion, ending up in the hands of a Thro-Ra after he kills the unfortunate Orc thrower. As the ball carrier tears off the Orcs concentrate on the fight, knowing the lumbering corpse can't make the line in time. Unfortunately for them the only casualty of the scrap is their own goblin who picks up an injury.

The second half starts with a high pass to the waiting Thro-Ra, who is caged and driven up the left field. The Orcs squeeze, but the extra strength of the attackers smashes a gap along the line and the Thro-Ra squeezes through for another rapid touchdown.
    Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git take the ball from the right field and cage against an aggressive defence, but lose the ball to a plucky blitz. They recover again, but by this point the fight is three deep on all sides and most of the half is taken by a brawl which takes up almost every player on both sides. Towards the end the ball comes loose and ricochets wildly, ending up with the Khemri on the right side for another run at the touchline, but with no time left for anything but a little more fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Div A: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 2 - 0 Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git (ORC, Squirrelfanatic)
    Sorry again Dog Pants, hope you get a better fight out of wink.

I didn't bother to use my Apoth on the thrower, poor guy even had a double. Oh well, I'll be retiring after this season.

Edit: He didn't have a double after all. Sorry, Vinraith.
    Last edited by Squiz; 22-11-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post

I didn't bother to use my Apoth on the thrower, poor guy even had a double. Oh well, I'll be retiring after this season.
    How am I doing btw? It's a shame I'll never meet myself.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    How am I doing btw? It's a shame I'll never meet myself.
    You are doing fine, still alive and kickin', the Helio we all know and love. 48SPPs, Block, Mighty Blow, Dodge, Tackle, one of the team's best workhorses.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar

Retiring the team, or from the Divisions? I hope it's the former - if the latter, I sincerely hope it wasn't something we said?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You made Helio a blitzer? I had him down as a goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Retiring the team, or from the Divisions? I hope it's the former - if the latter, I sincerely hope it wasn't something we said?
    I'm retiring from the Divisions. No worries, it has nothing to do with the community and it won't affect the outstanding matches in the Open in any way.

@Everblue: Yeah, he's my team's star. The idea was to have a butcher that goes around collecting skulls. Thinking about it, I also never had a Sneaky Git player on my roster. Failed.
    Last edited by Squiz; 22-11-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Don't worry SF - I think having Helio on your roster is sufficient.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Me and boots played our week 2 game last night. My humies versus his lizards. I was glad again of hiring an ogre for this season given I was facing off against 8(!) big lizards, thanks to him hiring slibli on top of his 6 saurus and one krox. First half, I receive, get into a great position, go for a pass/catch touchdown, my catcher drops the ball, ball comes back at me and a successful handoff to a saurus sees boots get the first TD. Couple of skinks have gone down though, netting me a few spps. I go all out with 3 turns left, running 4 catchers down one wing. One gets injured, but an early end to boots' turn (misclick?) means a simple pass and catch to make it 1-1 with one turn left. Stupidly, I set up with 3 in the centre. Boots then executes a perfect set of pushes to get skink within 1 GFI of a TD. Handsoff to the skink, who runs it in, burning boots' last reroll of the half to make the GFI. Bugger.

Second half, I'm kicking off to boots, manage to get into his backfield and keep his lizards occupied, his skinks approach and I start taking care of those, too. Eventually I hit his ball-carrying skink and the ball goes off the pitch and lands in his end-zone. Cue a footrace to the ball, won by me only due to another inaccurate click from boots seeing a saurus trying to make a dodge at an inopportune moment. A blitzer scoops up the ball in the endzone, 2-2.

2 turns left. I set up spread out so that we'll have no more one-turn touchdowns today. As there's a wing open I put Zod (my str5 biltzer, remember!) and my best catcher right on the line. This pays off when I'm on the receiving end of a blitz! I get the catcher under the ball ,she makes the catch and zod bashes down the nearest saurus. If I can only tie up the remaining 7 sauruses.... Naturally, I can't, and for all that catcher's defensive skills, the tackle saurus takes her down and the ball is spilled. Cue 2 turns near the lizard endzone trying to get it back. Game ends 2-2, an exciting, close-run thing throughout.

Thanks for the game, boots!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I'm retiring from the Divisions. No worries, it has nothing to do with the community and it won't affect the outstanding matches in the Open in any way.
    Wait are you planning to retire from the Open too, after the current season?

It's a shame to see you go.

I think so, yes. There are still a few games left to play in the current season, so I'll see how it is when that has finished.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I think I'll probably take a break from the Divisions after this season. I'll still be in the Open for the rest of this season, but when that finishes I'm currently planning to drop out of that and rejoin the Divisions. So basically I'm cutting down to one league, rather than two. I've been thinking about it for a while, and now seems like a good time: Elf Harm have won and defended the championship, and I'm pretty sure they've now peaked and only have a downward spiral of death and -stats ahead of them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Nooooooo! Not my fellow chainsaw-monickered friend! At least you will return to the glorious divisions in the future, I guess you'll need some time to find a team that will work as well as your horrible, horrible elf harm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    You just made my list.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Actually I asked to be a goblin. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I think I'll probably take a break from the Divisions after this season. I'll still be in the Open for the rest of this season, but when that finishes I'm currently planning to drop out of that and rejoin the Divisions. So basically I'm cutting down to one league, rather than two. I've been thinking about it for a while, and now seems like a good time: Elf Harm have won and defended the championship, and I'm pretty sure they've now peaked and only have a downward spiral of death and -stats ahead of them.
    This scuppers my plan to climb to the champs and face Elf Harm in an Elf on Elf showdown. Ah well, I'd have probably lost anyway since I only have one measly stat up in my whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Actually I asked to be a goblin. :)
    And I tried to make you one. But Cyanide said no to your name. :D

And I tried to make you one. But Cyanide said no to your name. :D
    Haha, damn...

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Game ends 2-2, an exciting, close-run thing throughout.
    Yeah, it was one of the most fun games I've played in a long time. End-to-end action, with any of the drives quite easily going the other way.

Even though my MV9 sidestepper was badly hurt in the first turn or so (that ST5 blackle MB blitzer is such a pain!) managing the 1 turn touchdown was very nice, only my second attempt at one ever - having a MV9 AG4 back up is handy :-).

Thanks for the game Groovy, and thanks for not murdering any skinks (the dead one apoc'd to badly hurt doesn't count).

I've pm'd my opponent (Dolphan) on RPS, left a message for him in our respective division, and steamfriended him, though he has declined and blocked me there.

I'm posting here for extra visibility in case they can't access their RPS forum account for whatever reason.