View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 401 of 415 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    I've pm'd my opponent (Dolphan) on RPS, left a message for him in our respective division, and steamfriended him, though he has declined and blocked me there.

I'm posting here for extra visibility in case they can't access their RPS forum account for whatever reason.
    You've got 11 days to get that one played anyway, it's next week's game.

Everyone else, you've got this evening to play your games; if you need an extension then post here and the admins will consider it.

You should also be aware that game 3 comes after game 2. If you've historically been bad at arranging games, maybe you could try contacting your opponent now and seeing what days work for you. It's a crazy idea* but it just might work.

*it's not a crazy idea.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    I've pm'd my opponent (Dolphan) on RPS, left a message for him in our respective division, and steamfriended him, though he has declined and blocked me there.

I'm posting here for extra visibility in case they can't access their RPS forum account for whatever reason.
    Urk, sorry, just seen the message - I didn't realise we'd advanced to the next set of games already. I'll PM you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Grumpy old scot grumping about, be cool duuuuuuude

My original plan to murder everyone was cancelled; it was pointed out that while we'd have no late games, we wouldn't have any on time games either. So even though I'm not on a murder spree I'm apparently still grumpy? I just can't win.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    My original plan to murder everyone was cancelled
    Never give up on your dreams, Pweasel. NEVER GIVE UP!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    My original plan to murder everyone was cancelled; it was pointed out that while we'd have no late games, we wouldn't have any on time games either. So even though I'm not on a murder spree I'm apparently still grumpy? I just can't win.
    We need to return to the plan where we take a kidney/finger/family member for every missed game.

I still say that one had legs.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    We need to return to the plan where we take a kidney/finger/family member for every missed game.

and indeed kidneys and fingers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post

It would never have worked anyway, Everblue was already working on ways to exploit that system.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Take two if you like. It seems like I've got millions of the buggers.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Take two if you like. It seems like I've got millions of the buggers.
    Surely this is the point where you decide to work full time on an oil rig for the next 15 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan View Post
    Urk, sorry, just seen the message - I didn't realise we'd advanced to the next set of games already. I'll PM you.
    We may not have, but we will for this weekend, which is when I'd like to do it seeing the time difference

I have sent another set of PM/steam requests to Sollitus yesterday. Hopefully will receive an answer tonight, otherwise it's toast :S

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Matchday 3, Division C, Hertlingbrad Scholars (Human, Sketch) v Doomdark's Revenge (Chaos, me)

The puny humans had a laughable 450,000 inducements against my mighty CHAOS horde, and chose to spend them on a pathetic pie merchant and a miserable wizard. We laughed at their idiocy, and laughed again (AGAIN I TELL YOU!) when they won the toss and decided to receive.

As usual I deployed my most puny beastmen on the line, while my magnificent warriors of almighty CHAOS stood back and prepared for the sudden but inevitable slaughter which must surely follow. The puny humans received the ball and immediately used their sneaking miserable wizard to cast a sneaking miserable lightening bolt at the beautiful Doomdark's Daughter, a tentacled minotaur who embodies all that is good about almighty CHAOS. The minotaur was sadly knocked out and carried from the field, where we said prayers to the Gods of CHAOS that she might recover for the second half.

The puny humans, having scooped up the ball, chose to run away from my magnificent CHAOS warriors, aside from an inconsequential fight on one side of the pitch, running some blitzers into my half of the field. I laughed (LAUGHED!) at their ridiculously optimistic plan and immediately crushed them. Or I would have, if their irritating blitzers had not had the guard skill and kept beating up my beastmen. Making a mental note to throw my beastmen into the Pit of Ice after the game, I nevertheless managed to terrify one of them sufficiently to encourage him to bash his way into the cage and mark the human thrower, who, no doubt in awe of almighty CHAOS, failed his dodge roll. The beastman concerned picked up the ball and shambled off towards the human end zone.

The puny humans managed to drag down the beastman, earning the beastman an extra-long stay in the Pit of Ice, and recovered the ball, but their attempt at a late touchdown failed, as the stratagems of those who oppose CHAOS must inevitably fail, and the half ended scoreless.

My favourite beastman is called Abandoning Hope. He has two skills - mighty blow and claw - and he used these to good effect in the second half for the glory of CHAOS. I must remember to give him an extra go on the Succubi of Slaanesh later. The puny humans began the second half by kicking the ball into touch, and so I judged in my Infinite Wisdom, that the magnificent CHAOS warrior The Lord of Thrall would carry the ball.

Abandoning Hope began the second half by injuring the human ogre, and continued in the same glorious vein by killing one of the puny humans' guard blitzers and knocking out another. Just as I was poised to add the soul of the blitzer to my Collection of Souls, the puny human's blasted doctor decided to save his life, at the cost of a niggling injury. CHAOS delights in death, but it is mildly amused by niggling injuries, so, you know, it was all good.

Anyhoo, the Army of almighty CHAOS ground forward throughout the second half. Fortunately as the Incarnation of CHAOS, I am infallable, because otherwise the sequence of events which lead to the knocking over of the ball carrier near the touchline could have been termed a hideous error, but in any event the Lord of Whispers managed to pick the ball up again and shamble in for a turn 16 touchdown. CHAOS WILL PREVAIL !!!11

And so, the match ended 1-0 to the horde of CHAOS. with the puny humans being taught that their kind has no place on the field of Blood Bowl.

(Cheers for the game Sketch!)

Network Hub
    In fact, you might say that all of the coaches would be.... *puts on a monocle*

...late.

YES!
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

That pun... I think we'll have to un-cancel that murder spree.

Most of the divisions have been moved on; please start arranging your games if you haven't already.

Groovy, can we get an adjudication?
    Div 2, AgP versus Kajo - Kajo's hard drive is broken, preventing him from playing. Is that a loss for Kajo, or a draw because they both tried to play the match?

Most of the divisions have been moved on;
    Pfew, ours isn't yet. I finally had a hold of Sollitus. It seems liek he's been busy stuffing his face with Turkey and thanking the god of consumerism. He's back, but can't play tonight... THough he says he can do tomorrow... Any chance we could get that going? *kitten eyes*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I'm happy for you play tomorrow Kapouille, but no later, ok? ;-)

Additionally, I think agp and kajo's match should be a draw, really, it looks like an act of nuffle rather than an attempt at game avoidance :-).

/Edit - also, walrus is AWOL in F - you've got until tomorrow to make yourself heard walrus, or prester is getting a 2-0....

Week 3 has commenced! Get playing, peoples! Or apparently someone will steal your fingers!
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 24-11-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    I'm happy for you play tomorrow Kapouille, but no later, ok? ;-)
    Sir yes SIR!

Cool, I set the Kajo/AGP match to 0-0 and moved the division on a week.
    Div 2-ers, you can now play next week's matches.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Crunchy Skaven (Zenohero, Rats) vs (me, Gobbo) Black Bombers

Well, it was a tense and exciting match for the relegation decider in Division E. The teams were equally matched, due to one of the Bombers' trolls staying at home nursing a stubbed toe, and had everything to play for.

Crunchy, playing at home, chose to receive. The goblins, in response, and fearing the Skaven's quick scoring reputation, set up without any secret weapon players on the pitch. Things went pretty much according to plan for the Skaven, until, what's this? The pogoist making his first ever interception in the mid field? (Helped along by pass block.) Crunchy, having committed to a strong attack, were caught out as the little guy bounced towards their end zone. An attempted block was rebuffed, a touchdown was scored.

Crunchy Skaven 0 - 1 Black Bombers

A KO forced the Bombers to bring their bombardier on for the second drive of the game. The Skaven's play went more according to plan, their would be scorer tripped over his laces in the Bombers' endzone. The ball bounced out of play and into one of Crunchy's home crowd: the throw in didn't exactly travel far, ahem. A bit of pushing and shoving resulted before the Skaven got their act together and ran it in.

Crunchy Skaven 1 - 1 Black Bombers

The Bombers set up for a TTM one-turner with the strong arm troll. A Skaven blitz on the kick off could do little to stop it, but the troll's hunger could. Fortunately, he didn't quite manage to get his teammate down the hatch.

Half Time

The Bombers set up to receive, planning a slow drive up the left of the field and bringing both remaining secret weapons onto the pitch (amazingly at this point, they had the choice: casualties had been low... so far). Needless to say, the kick went short and to the right. All was well, however, until the little guy with the ball slipped on a pool of blood while carrying the ball to the waiting pogoer, safely deep in the goblin's own half. This wouldn't usually have been a problem, but for the Skaven's speed. And yes, the ball ended up in a gutter runner's hands. Luckily for the Bombers, however: chainsaw, red cross, dugout, and the ball is free and being whipped up field. There's no chance of a delay, so it's bye bye to both secret weapons.

Crunchy Skaven 1 - 2 Black Bombers

The fans are frothing with excitement at this point, so the ref has to stop play for a while. The Bombers' coach is guessing that his counterpart is weighing up a tricky situation: go for a quick touchdown again and risk a TTM in response, or play it slow and settle for the draw? Either way, play starts and a flurry of casualties on both sides leaves the match in a chaotic state, not to mention the initial failed pickup with allows the gobbos to put some early pressure on the ball. The Skaven recover, but only at the cost of their positioning.

Obviously going for the quick play, but fearing the goblin's interception crazed pogoer, the Skaven switch flanks and pass to a gutter runner not quite in range to score easily in his next turn. A quick blitz and the ball is in green hands once more... but, unfortunately, those belonging to the blitzing player. He stands there with it dumbfounded, while the Skaven push him around a bit. (Maybe they also called him some nasty names? We can't know, magical microphones evidently being banned from the pitch.) In any case, he becomes galvanised to action, dodges away from his wall of marking rats, and sprints the ball into the hands of the previously offending pogoer, who, yet again, bounces into the distance.

Crunchy Skaven 1 - 3 Black Bombers

The Skaven set up for a final one turn consolation score, but, alas, it is not to be.

Final score: Crunchy Skaven 1 - 3 Black Bombers

--------------------

It was a a really fun and exciting match overall, with some properly tense moments, and hats off to Zenohero for being a great sport throughout. Both teams suffered some crazy thrills and spills, but the goblins probably had the better of the luck throughout, by a small margin. Amusingly, just as Zenohero was bemoaning his relationship with Nuffle, the gobbos rolled up a BD/Skulls, rerolled to double skulls as their first action of the turn.

The Bombers, needless to say, are rather pleased to have avoided relegation, and are, in fact, shaping up into a reasonable team. Now let's hope for some slightly higher TV opponents for a change...