View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 403 of 415 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    I've got a gutterrunner with, very long legs, pass block, catch, and +1 str. Just for playing against anyone who feels like passing.
    I've got a pogoer with pass block and cater. He did his thing right and proper in his last game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I've got a pogoer with pass block and cater. He did his thing right and proper in his last game.
    I thought cater was a halfling-only skill.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    This is why I need a lino with dirty player. For those bastards. And beastmen with claw and mighty blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I thought cater was a halfling-only skill.
    We really need to start an alternative skills thread...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think if you want to play a passing game, human catchers need diving catch. 1/9 failure rate on AG3 catching is far too high in my opinion. Likewise the throwers - with accurate a human thrower throws a long pass on a 4+ and a long bomb on a 5+.

A human thrower with accurate and an AG3 catcher will fail a short pass (a *short* pass) 21% of the time. Far too unreliable.

I have seen a fun catcher build with block, side step and shadowing. If you can get him next to the ball carrier he is a right bastard to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    We really need to start an alternative skills thread...
    E.g.:

Catering - how can you hurt someone who provided such excellent catering for your wedding or last victory banquet? When this player is injured, roll a D6 before any apothecary roll: on a 4+, the injury is translated to a KO. Normal skill for halfling players, doubles for everybody else.

Thanks for the responses, folks. Good points all around. I had been leaning away from Frenzy for precisely the reasons y'all stated (bit of a liability without Guard, etc). Glad to have my reasoning backed up.

My other Warriors haven't been able to get past their first skill yet and my Beast rolled doubles right out of the gate, so while I have Block across the board, I'm sadly lacking in Guard. Which could make Guard a tempting pick. It's a question of whether to make him more a team player, or take Tackle and make him better at murdering Dodgy types.

Hmmm. Shall have to think on it some more. Thanks for helping me narrow it down a bit!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    You damn dirty apes, I'm back.

I would like to rejoin next season if possible, not sure what to put down on the spreadsheet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Laaaaaaaaaaneford! You're back. High five!

Will you be returning with your nurglators, or starting up a new and exciting new race? If new, stick an N1 instead of a Z, if the old team, stick an R1 next to you and we'll try and squeeze you in as close to the top as we can get you (given the violent nature of that team). Make sure you take the Z out, at least, so I don't miss you in the season changeover.

(obviously, the same goes for any other new/returning players! Hello, welcome, high five!)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Ok, I'll probably bring back the nurgle if that's possible, as they were doing pretty well when I left them, and it would be a shame to deny them one final tilt at glory.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Now you have an Ogre and a catcher never forget you have "The Hammer" play up your sleeve.

On a touch back hand the ball you your Ogre. Charge down the centre of the pitch but have your catcher as one of the rear players of the cage round your Ogre. Watch as you opponents over commits in front of you Ogre then hand-off the ball to the catcher to run in unopposed. Or, if your opponent spreads out just keep running down the centre. My original Ogre (poor Torg, we knew him well) was joint highest TD scorer for a while on my team.

Also, groovy is a pussy. I play with 4 catchers on a 13 man team. Though I am painfully feeling the death of my Wrestle-Dauntless catcher the last few games.

Network Hub
    We've played all our games in div 1, can we get my match validated and the day rolled over please.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Also, groovy is a pussy. I play with 4 catchers on a 13 man team.
    Yeah, a 13 man team with your fancy "AV8" and "having a big guy". I have 4 catchers on a 14 man team - of elfs! Now who's a pussy, Hutton?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
    We've played all our games in div 1, can we get my match validated and the day rolled over please.
    All sorted.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ooooh, no need to get bitchy Al ;-), I may slim down my team now that I've re-hired an ogre this season. Without the ogre, 14 players looked pretty lean. 15 with an ogre looks a bit bloaty. But my only level 1 players are catchers now, who I don't want to drop. Do i dorp a levelled lineman? I probably should, but seems a bit bold.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Yeah, a 13 man team with your fancy "AV8" and "having a big guy". I have 4 catchers on a 14 man team - of elfs! Now who's a pussy, Hutton?
    Aren't your catchers basically supermen straight out of the box. Like having ST3 for example?

Well, my catchers are better than human catchers, I'll give you that. Of course, pretty much everything's better than human catchers...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    All your catchers are strength 4, though.

Not so! One of them's AG5, and a ST4 one died last match.

Gentleadmins... I finally got round to get the match with Sollitus started... Except it seems he got a connection lost (damn, just at the moment I managed to grab the ball off him!!).
    I don't know what you guys want to do, since the match has been pushed quite a lot already.