View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 407 of 415 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,140 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Division 2
    Beasts of Bembridge 2 - 0 Kajers

The Beasts of Bembridge faced a herculean task to win promotion, needing a five-touchdown victory to overtake Screwie's elveses. Despite just about the best possible result, a pitch invasion stunning nine of the receiving opponents, and luck pretty much staying consistent from there, it was always unlikely - Nurgle have rarely been described as a free-scoring team.

As such, team-building was the order of the day, with the ball being smuggled to nearly-levelled players, three of whom picked up levels on the way to a leisurely 2-0 win.

Sorry Kajo, didn't really stand a chance with those dice. At least there was no permanent damage to your team.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    You may still be in with a chance, since ties are calculated on eliminations as well as touchdowns, and my elves don't tend to rack up the injuries.

But I think that touchdowns are considered first and only if that results in another tie the injuries are taken into account.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    You may still be in with a chance, since ties are calculated on eliminations as well as touchdowns, and my elves don't tend to rack up the injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    But I think that touchdowns are considered first and only if that results in another tie the injuries are taken into account.
    Screwie has the right of it, because otherwise the tiebreaker would be unbalanced in favour of high-scoring teams. The formula is:

Tiebreaker Score = (TDs Scored - TDs Conceded) + (Injuries Caused - Injuries Received)
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

That rule must be rather new then. Good to see though that things are a bit more fair for slower, bashy teams.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    That rule must be rather new then. Good to see though that things are a bit more fair for slower, bashy teams.
    That's been in place for a good few seasons now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    That's been the rule since the DoD started.

Hm, I still remember worrying about that specific part of the "Detailed Rules" tab on the spreadsheet. My mind might be playing tricks on me though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    That's been in place for a good few seasons now.
    Aye, it just comes up quite rarely. Drop outs and restarts have to be dealt with first, rendering a lot of division ties moot.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Yup. He injured my 2 golems + a werewolf (plus a regenerated zombie)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ypu, that rule's been in place for a long while now. I have little post-its everywhere with calculations for tie-breakers at the end of each season strewn around my PC like blood-bowl-inspired confetti. Is it a perfect tie-breaker? Probably not, but it's certainly the best one we've come up with so far.

FINAL WARNING: I will be defaulting any outstanding games tomorrow morning, first thing to end this season. Expected live draw for the new season will be SUNDAY night.

Ok, games defaulted and all are in a tier for the LIVE DRAW, which will be happening tonight, 7pm sharp in our steam group. Be there or have to find out your place by reading the sheet later!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    As predicted, tier 2 is going to be a bastard.

2 Orc
    4 Chaos
    2 Dwarf
    2 Nurgle
    1 Khemri

Out of 16 teams...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Just to check, am I still going to be ok to be bringing my high TV nurgle back into T4?

Errrp, let me revisit the tiering laneford, forgot about that one ;-)

/Now modified (this is why I prefer this divisions structure, quick changes!), with the 3 returning players (who all came from tier 1 or champs when they left) squeezed into tier 2. Just making it even more competitive/painful there :-). Apologies to those who thought they'd nabbed a free promotion....
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 09-12-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    Okay looks like It'll be hard for me to play matches for the next month since I have some pretty heavy rl stuff that came my way in the last days. I'll have to bail out for this season and probably get back in the next. Sorry for the mates in my division (F) but I got all kinds of messy tangles in my schedule now; I'll buy you a pint next month. Feel free to relegate me to the lowest tier.
    I'm sorry to maybe cause more reshuffling work for Groovy, but it only now occurred to me that I maybe ought to report Skydancer as absent too.

This post of his from several weeks ago had me mentally file him as 'back next season', but someone should probably check with him to make sure that's the case. I've seen him around on Steam the last few days, so if people that are enjoying their Sunday at home instead of being at work like me (*begins his violin solo*) could ask him, that could save future juggling.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Network Hub
    Wasnt chainsawhands dropping out as well? He certainly said he was but maybe he has changed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Errrp, let me revisit the tiering laneford, forgot about that one ;-)

/Now modified (this is why I prefer this divisions structure, quick changes!), with the 3 returning players (who all came from tier 1 or champs when they left) squeezed into tier 2. Just making it even more competitive/painful there :-). Apologies to those who thought they'd nabbed a free promotion....
    A good season to escape tier 2 :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    Wasnt chainsawhands dropping out as well? He certainly said he was but maybe he has changed his mind.
    I did, and I haven't. I'll be back at some point.

/Edited, steam chat has clarified, tidied up again, CSH is out, skydancer is also out unless he pops up to say hello shortly?
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 09-12-2012 at 06:01 PM.