View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 41 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Gorm - Doubles on thralls I would take dodge or guard it's quite even between those two choices, dodge for those on the LOS and guard elsewhere perhaps, for a normal (first) skill I would take wrestle on most of them, but block for someone who took guard as their first skill. Kick is also a good choice for one thrall, though might want to wait for a second skillup for that or until several thralls have wrestle/block.

Otherwise I refer to http://bbtactics.com/vampire-thralls/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just finished my game against mootpoint's Halflings, end result 2-0 to me. To be quite frank it was a poor game, after all it was stock Chaos against stock Halflings. Neither side had much in the way of skills and Nuffle was a massive, massive buzzkill all game.

Rerolls got burned at a rate of knots by every kind of roll failing at every opportunity. Also the injury dice were harsh to me, only one halfling going off injured from a block all match, compared to two beastmen. Loads of unconscious halflings though, if only that actually got me some SPP.

Still, the winnings bug gave both me and mootpoint a nice little bit of bonus cash, letting me grab my minotaur and apothecary after two games.

Also, validated all relevant results.

Network Hub
    Unfortunately during the only time slot available for our match the Weather Channel has predicted "large hail and damaging winds". My next availability is next Monday, the 8th and I'd hate to hold up the season that long. Since I will be unable to play my match against Nullkigan because of the guarantee of a power outage, I'd like to give him the win and NOT sign up for next season. I'm moving on the 31st so I have no promise of an internet connection when I need it. I hope to return in September with my Orcs, but I'm also looking into an Ogre team. They're not getting much love lately. Sorry for messing up the division, guys!

I'm thinking of giving the girls a rest, myself. Partly so I don't have to play Zoraster ever again.

Orcs and Chaos are full, so maybe Norse or Dark Elves ...
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    My next availability is next Monday, the 8th and I'd hate to hold up the season that long.
    The round doesn't officially end until the 11th so you would still be well inside the deadline and holding up nothing at all.

My game against smaug just lagged out altogether, can one of you admin types reset it for us?

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    My game against smaug just lagged out altogether, can one of you admin types reset it for us?
    There's a 2-0 game for you and Smaug in the Div results, I assume that's the defaulted one since there's no score logged in the Spreadsheet.

If we don't hear otherwise by tomorrow might then someone will reset it (probably not me - I'm going bat spotting)

/edit - and match reset, I saw NieA7 on steam shortly after posting...
    Last edited by ntw; 02-08-2011 at 11:33 PM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post

In fact, I still have your password from last time, unless you changed it. I'm happy to sign you up again, it's easy peasy.
    Pweasel my good man, how are things, its been a while since we played - retire his mino - we shall have to catch up sometime!*

*Jedi mindtricks not guranteed to work.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Managed to get a double on one of my vamps, anyone got any ideas on what to take? Think i'll grab pass or nerves of steel and make him my back guy.
    But the thing is i got double 5 so i could take +1 MA or +1 AV. The AV is tempting, +1Ma not so much since i dont want to outpace my thralls too much.

So take a passing skill or get +1 AV?
    Last edited by Gorm; 03-08-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I never go for +AV, and find it very hard to turn down +MV when it's offered for any player.
    However, for vampires in particular, what about Leader? I can imagine 9 rerolls being slightly too many for vamps, but any extra rerolls up to that number are surely a godsend?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, thats not a bad idea. He doesnt have any other skills at the moment but leader could be a good call.
    I just bought another reroll taking me to 4 already, i like to push my vamps to do extra ordinary things which is why i thought about nerves of steel but 5 rerolls might enable me to have more options.

I feel like thats more of a Thrall skill though.
    Last edited by Gorm; 03-08-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I would take the movement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I would take the movement.
    that is what mr coach recommends

Network Hub
    Oh the 11th? I don't know why I was thinking it ended earlier. I've been kind of messed up with my calendars this month. I retract my previous statement and I'm going to try to play Nullk as soon as possible!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Division 5 decider tonight. In the event of a draw how are we deciding the league winner?

EDIT: With a degree of complexity it seems, I think that if it's a draw then I'd still be promoted due to by better results against the other two teams in the league? Yes/No?
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 03-08-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Pweasel my good man, how are things, its been a while since we played - retire his mino - we shall have to catch up sometime!*

*Jedi mindtricks not guranteed to work.
    ugh, Mel B as a jedi... Anyway, what's my mino ever done to you? He's pretty harmless. Only caused two injuries so far. :P

Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    ugh, Mel B as a jedi... Anyway, what's my mino ever done to you? He's pretty harmless. Only caused two injuries so far. :P
    He didn't die despite my numerous attempts! BAM quick reply.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Division 5 decider tonight. In the event of a draw how are we deciding the league winner?

EDIT: With a degree of complexity it seems, I think that if it's a draw then I'd still be promoted due to by better results against the other two teams in the league? Yes/No?
    No, it's considerably more complicated than that. You also need to take casualties into account. It's the difference between goals scored and goals conceded, plus the difference between casualties caused and casualties taken. The admins can see that info from the match results using their adminny powers.
    You've scored 2 more TDs but your opponent is playing Dorfs so there's a decent chance he has caused 2 more casualties than you. I'd recommend winning your last match, just to make sure :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    No, it's considerably more complicated than that. You also need to take casualties into account. It's the difference between goals scored and goals conceded, plus the difference between casualties caused and casualties taken. The admins can see that info from the match results using their adminny powers.
    You've scored 2 more TDs but your opponent is playing Dorfs so there's a decent chance he has caused 2 more casualties than you. I'd recommend winning your last match, just to make sure :)
    Bugger, I was planning round a fairly safe 1-1 game strategy, now the evil dwarfses can plot out a 1-1 game plan for the victory, unless I miracle up a half dozen casualties against him.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So yes, the Evil Dwarfses has a +12 CAS count. Ouchies.