View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 412 of 415 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,240 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Errr, it looks like potatoedoughnut has entered the wrong team in Division 1. His registered team name in the spread sheet is [RPS] Clone High a fearsome collection of murder machine Necros. The team in the league is Abracadavers, a more well rounded but much less on the murder death kill and also an Undead team.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 14-12-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Errr, it looks like potatoedoughnut has entered the wrong team in Division 1. His registered team name in the spread sheet is [RPS] Clone High a fearsome collection of murder machine Necros. The team in the league is Abracadavers, a more well rounded but much less on the murder death kill and also an Undead team.
    Oops. Is it too late to fix that? I can reapply in about an hour. Sorry! I'm going to blame either being stupid busy the past two weeks or cyanide :)

Also, regrading schedules: I like the 10 day schedule (as I'm GMT-7), but I would appreciate a more punctual 10 day schedule. I think PWs suggestion is the best to implement. Going to 7 days AND strict deadlines might be a bit much for me to handle, but 10 days and stricter deadlines has my full support.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Cyanide, always go with blaming cyanide

Now that I look at it I will blame cyanide. Abracadavers, by virtue of starting with an "A", are at the top of my team list. So I'm going to say I selected the correct team, but cyanide just took the first one in the list.

Is the admin list on the sheet still correct? I think this probably hasn't been updated in a long time. Also new thread?

From sheet:
    "GroovyChainsaw (all powerful Benevolent Dictator), ntw, drawlien, jolima, darkfenix, chainsawhands, zoraster
    We are all contactable on Steam in case of queries, problems, etc."
    Last edited by potatoedoughnut; 14-12-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

I'm not sure if matters but Wink and I just played the first game in division 1. I hope this doesn't complicate matters. The fact that I just received a 2-0 bruising with 4 injuries and countless KOs means I'd be more than happy to start the division over ;-)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh noes! Confusion and anarchy reigns!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Won't cause any issues gents. You can always swap teams at any stage. The only thing that changes is once a season has started you can only apply if there is a vacancy. Anyway I've booted you out so get your fresh app in PD.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Satan's throbbing cock and balls, that's annoying. I didn't even check the team name, just made sure the right players had applied. No idea if we can change teams at this juncture.

edit: Zoraster saves the day!

Applied with the correct team this time. Thanks gents.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Division I and Division C are still missing an applicant each. It is time to shuffle some people around and fill in the holes.

TheKev and Joose, you've got until Groovy identifies some candidates and gets them to apply - because I am accepting the first applications I see.

Other divisions, we will start you up very soon indeed. Thank you for your patience!

Well if that's all sorted here's a quick match report from our game. Wink received and managed to injure an elf every turn until I jinxed it by pointing it out. He pushed down the pitch injuring elves left and right until I only had four pointy eared little buggers making a mockery of a defence, scoring on his turn 8. I used my turn to sneak a single SPP from a pass and punch some lizards to no effect.

Second half, I set up on offence. Wink gets a blitz and gets a skink under the ball. Not a great start for me. Luckily he doesn't catch it but it lands in the tackle zones of two skinks and a saurus. Some pushing and shoving later I try to run it up the right side, get blocked off by a wall of scales and claws, switch sides with a run and pass but the receiver is knocked down next turn. A skink picks up the ball and the rest of the match plays out like the first half. Wink scores again leaving me a single turn to get another pass SPP but obviously my thrower snake eyes and fumbles the pass.

Death Vengeance of Doom (Wink5000) 2 - 0 Masquerade Ballers (The Brain)

I basically got murdered by giant lizards while the skinks looked on and sniggered (or hissed maybe). Some excellent positional play by Wink meant I was never able to get more than a couple of blitzes on his ball carrier the whole game and had giant lizards in my face the whole time. I'm beginning to tire of my elves paper thin armour as my last two games have been a complete whitewash due to injuries in the first half. I'm tempted to roll a new slightly tougher team next season depending on how the rest of this one pans out. Any suggestions?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    In keeping with the glorious eternal administrations policy of never ending punctuality honourable doughnut and myelf played a beneficial match in the delightful division of 1. In keeping with our communal spirit of excellence and sharing we both scored 2 touchdowns each.

All hail.

Hail, most excellent comrades Hutton and Doughnut.

Hello chaps. After a 2 year hiatus I've re-registered for the league with 'Mr P's Wafer Thin Mints'. Looking forward to playing with 7 half-dead High-Elves.
    "We had to apologise for him with our set. They were still booing him when we were on" - David St Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    In keeping with the glorious eternal administrations policy of never ending punctuality honourable doughnut and myelf played a beneficial match in the delightful division of 1. In keeping with our communal spirit of excellence and sharing we both scored 2 touchdowns each.

All hail.
    Indeed. Quite evenly matched. AH had terrible d6, but broke all my armours. I had pretty average dice, but not very many mans on any given turn. In the end it all balanced out quite nicely. Cheers for the game.

Here's the scorebox:

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Any suggestions?
    It does have the air of 'if you can't beat them, join them' but after I got tired of every game being over at half time because all my thralls were dead I switched up to Lizards, and have found them really quite fun to play with. You've got the basic plan of using more strength >3 players than anyone else to try and do much murder, with the probably more reliable back-up plan of incredibly hard to pin down skinks running around being a nuisance. You'll never be able to rely on passing, but that applies to every non-elf team really and few other teams offer the combination of bashing, quick scoring and having the raw movement to overcome any foolish positioning... :-)

Edgar, we're just starting off a new season and I have a horrible feeling you're a single leftover with no division. I'll see if I can sort something out to get you some games though.

Axler and Kanesuke please apply to Division I. First one to apply gets the slot.

Also once Groovy decides who in Tier 3 gets bumped up to fill the spot in C, and who in I or J gets bumped up into Tier 3, we're going to have another spot to fill.

Keep your eyes on the thread, Tier 3 and 4 people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Like you, I am done with AV7 teams. It's just too random. I'm getting my elf fix from high elves and dark elves atm. I have a sneaking suspicion that high elves may be the best team in the game.

I'm as close to the champs as I have ever been after 7 seasons but my team advancement seems to have stalled. I haven't had more than one level up in the last 4 matches. I'm tempted by dark elves as they are slightly tougher and more bashy while still having some Elf flair. It would also allow me to have more than two blodge sidestepping annoying gits.