View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 413 of 415 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415 LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    It does have the air of 'if you can't beat them, join them' but after I got tired of every game being over at half time because all my thralls were dead I switched up to Lizards, and have found them really quite fun to play with.
    Lizards are also a good choice as you get the fun of bashing a bit while still being able to play a decent running game. If I move away from elves they are definitely in with a shot.

hhhhhmmm so no one acutally knows if PT and DT work together? im just so lazy i dont want to actually check id just hate to waste my tackle, DT, PT beastman

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    According to TalkFantasyFootball, PT and DT do indeed stack.

EDIT - FUMBBL says they stack too.
    Last edited by Everblue; 15-12-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    OK!
    Apologies to those who missed their application this season, but as others have said, we need to keep this admin downtime to a minimum and it's been nearly a week since the draw.

Few reshuffles to fill in the divisions:
    Drawlien up to Div C
    Dolphan up to Div E
    Axler to I
    Kanesuke to J

All other divisions are started and fixtures checked (although Cyanide was showing me even less useful UI than usual today, so might be worth double checking?). If the others could get their applications in ASAP, that'd help those remaining divisions to get going.

As soon as this is done, I'm going to create a NEW blood bowl thread. Details will follow!
    (I may have also accidentally started E, but we can still swap teams around for now.)

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    OK!
    Apologies to those who missed their application this season, but as others have said, we need to keep this admin downtime to a minimum and it's been nearly a week since the draw.

Few reshuffles to fill in the divisions:
    Drawlien up to Div C
    Dolphan up to Div E
    Axler to I
    Kanesuke to J

All other divisions are started and fixtures checked (although Cyanide was showing me even less useful UI than usual today, so might be worth double checking?). If the others could get their applications in ASAP, that'd help those remaining divisions to get going.

As soon as this is done, I'm going to create a NEW blood bowl thread. Details will follow!
    (I may have also accidentally started E, but we can still swap teams around for now.)
    applied oh glorious leader.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Accepted your application - also saw one, finally, from theKev there but I'm afraid it's too late.
    Try applying to J, theKev - I want to get these divisions started, so as soon as I see 4 applications in there I will accept them - whether the 4th one is Kanesuke's or Kev's.

Those of you in Division I, your fixtures are sorted (probably, damn whoever coded this piece of crap league management tool that means you need to log out and in again to see the effects of any changes) and you can now arrange your games.

We are still awaiting the following:

Drawlien up to Div C
    Dolphan up to Div E
    Kanesuke to J (Or theKev if he applies first, and Kanesuke hasn't applied within 24 hours)
    Last edited by President Weasel; 15-12-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Network Hub
    Would there be a reason why I cant post here?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Dwarfs out HElfs in
    *fist pumps*
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Since the admins are still valiantly trying to get all the divisions started this may be jumping the gun a bit but Division 1 is ready to be rolled on. We must just be super efficient or something. :-)

Network Hub
    Application in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    We must just be super efficient or something. :-)
    It's the rhino steroids, they have quite a kick.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

So that's what's been giving me the horn.

wahey!

also, good work Dolphan. Division E shows the correct matches with you instead of Drawlien, so I think everything's good.

Drawlien up to Div C
    Kanesuke to J (Or theKev if he applies first, and Kanesuke hasn't applied within 24 hours)
    Last edited by President Weasel; 15-12-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Dear admins

This one's for you:
    http://youtu.be/Pk7yqlTMvp8

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    I'm as close to the champs as I have ever been after 7 seasons but my team advancement seems to have stalled. I haven't had more than one level up in the last 4 matches. I'm tempted by dark elves as they are slightly tougher and more bashy while still having some Elf flair. It would also allow me to have more than two blodge sidestepping annoying gits.
    This stall is development is going to happen for almost every team. Once your positionals get to level 3ish development is extremely slow. And if one gets killed or retired it's hard to get them back up to speed because it's harder to use/protect a piece with no skills. Also once you're up in the top tiers you're playing against better/more experienced coaches so low scoring games are much more likely, which means fewer spp as well.

At this point with my necros I think I see one level maybe every 4-5 matches. Not getting skills makes things less exciting, but I don't think there is much you can do to change it.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

somebody give drawlien a poke. Poke him poke him poke hiiim

In other news:

Division B, match 1

President Weasel (Chaos) 1 - 1 Smaug Marmojet (Nurgle)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...42EB275E0A809/

My team just melted away in the second half. At least I managed to apoc Professor Cox's dead to a fractured leg; that's something.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Cole View Post
    Would there be a reason why I cant post here?
    Unless I'm missing something super obvious, I am still unable to post in the Div I Group Discussion thread. I can only assume a mod needs to accept my application to the group or some such?

Quote Originally Posted by Web Cole View Post
    Unless I'm missing something super obvious, I am still unable to post in the Div I Group Discussion thread. I can only assume a mod needs to accept my application to the group or some such?
    Maybe Groovy needs to invite you?
    In the meantime, can you use PMs to arrange your matches?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is there someone else we could promote up instead of Drawlien? He doesn't seem to be checking the thread, and the whole league is now waiting for him. Prester John, Darkweeble and Weasel all finished second in their tier 3 divisions...